It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:14 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: hiya, Dunno how to refresh new turns
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pirata wrote:
Hi, it's been 4 days waiting for turns, but can't figure out why.. i'm a spanish admin and i have been searching in this forums for something similar.. only found something the same, but it didn't tell what i needed to know to modify/Add or change to be able to have new turns..

If anyone can help me plis :D Thanks.

My Regards,

Pirate

Is your cron script running?

If thats isnt running no matter how long you hang out in the game you wont have any additional turns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pirata wrote:
Cron?.. please can ya bee more especifided?.. how can i know it's ativated, or disactivated. and how tu activated/disactivated, etc.. ;)

If you didnt set it up on your host, its probably not activated. In the installer after you save your config it displays differnt types of cron settings for different programs based upon your configuration.

Here is alink that has a sample settiong for the cron: http://forums.aatraders.com/viewtopic.php?t=1592&highlight=cron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pirata wrote:
i still don't get it good.. i run the shedule thing but nothing.. i just need to know how do work the turns.. that link don't tells me that :( sorry for tha hard work..

without the cron running, not only will turns not be regenerationg, but no planet production, no colonist production no sector defence degrading, etc etc,... if the scheduler is not running the game is pretty much worthless..its all tied to the scheduler.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pirata wrote:
but i run the thing and it should work, no?... or theres sombre thing else?

If it runs with no erros when you run it from the admin problem, its should be working. If there were errors in the install it may not be working and there is an error with your install.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sure looks like its working... do you have any probes out roaming the galaxy?

Probes will eat turns as well, so you can have a low ingen RS probe and fimd yourself with no turns.

Note: the scheduler is meant to run every 5 mins and the default setting is like 5 turns every 5 mins. So check to see if your getting 5 turns after you run it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you running the scheduler by hand?

As I dont think you have it running via cron, try running it by hand a few more times... also check your admin log to see if you see any errors there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

There used to be some posts that had some explaination, unfortunately we lost the BBS database not too long ago. I'd write one quick, but am under the gun with some real life projects. Maybe we can get some of the other users to pitch a lending hand in it ;) (hint ...hint) Otherwise you may have to be patient , unfortunately real life trumps gaming :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pirata wrote:
:( i still need that help, it's been long time now, y can't still figured it out, please.

Unsure what the problem is? Sounds like you do not have your cron running.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:36 am 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

ya it sounds like cron to me i was haveing the same problem till i just messed around. when u set up the server it will give u a link to put in to you cron jobs (this is dont through your host or if your host dose not supot it aatraders will let u pay them to run the cron) . The link looks like
5/* * * * * /usr/bin/wget --quiet -O /dev/null MyWebPage]/aatrade/scheduler.php?swordfish=(Admin Password Here)

i used my host name and my derectory to my game you would have to use your information to do this. i hope it helped

Tom

PS (admin) how soon till the 3.1 releases
PPS (admin) can u add me to the donators list sorta look at forums.[thissite]/viewtopic.php?t=2502

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]