It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:57 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Should i destroy any grey planets (ver. 0.30) i have?
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:49 am 
Gamer
Gamer

There are 4 basic planet types right,.. and the grey one- Low Ore and Low Organics seems the least promising. :D So,.. can i destroy my own planet and keep on destroying the bad ones in the hope that the new planet generated will be a more productive one? ;)

Also,.. what's the point of a planet being efficient in producing High Ore and High Organics? I thought a planet being efficient in goods would be best? :P

Post subject: Re: Should i destroy any grey planets (ver. 0.30) i have?
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Langel wrote:
There are 4 basic planet types right,.. and the grey one- Low Ore and Low Organics seems the least promising. :D So,.. can i destroy my own planet and keep on destroying the bad ones in the hope that the new planet generated will be a more productive one? ;)

Also,.. what's the point of a planet being efficient in producing High Ore and High Organics? I thought a planet being efficient in goods would be best? :P

Well with a high producing organic planet you can reduce the colonist production levels on food and refocus them on making money.

And yes you can destroy your planets... Note: if you are using auto trades you can use them to sell off your excess while you sleep.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:38 am 
Gamer
Gamer

Tarnus wrote:

Well with a high producing organic planet you can reduce the colonist production levels on food and refocus them on making money.

And yes you can destroy your planets... Note: if you are using auto trades you can use them to sell off your excess while you sleep.

Yes,... that's why i thought planets that are good at producing goods would be best. :D Thanks for pointing out what should have been obvious to me (but lol! i overlooked!)

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:13 am 
Developer
Developer

Langel wrote:

Even though they are low ore and organics they might be high energy producing and those are perfect for keeping fighters stocked with energy. BTW, destroying your own planets too often can have hidden, dire consequences. So be careful. ;)

Well, right now there isn't much in having high producing planets except for energy. This is going to be needed when we finally debut Research and Build in 1.00. Some items will require massive amounts of commodities to research and build different items. So you will need to have those planets. Same thing for low producers as well. There will be restrictions on the types of weapons or defenses you can build on a particular planet type.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]