It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:17 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: How can I be attacked by another player with ten times my
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:41 pm 

score?

Both of us were neutral, I was on 1m he was on 10m, and he was part of a team.

There's not a lot of point playing if you have no protection from the big guys who've been playing longer.

He didn't even pick up a federation fine for his attack.

Post subject: Re: How can I be attacked by another player with ten times m
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

glunark wrote:
score?

Both of us were neutral, I was on 1m he was on 10m, and he was part of a team.

There's not a lot of point playing if you have no protection from the big guys who've been playing longer.

He didn't even pick up a federation fine for his attack.

Were you on a team? And is your top teammate in his range?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:48 am 

No team, just me on my own, it was on the 3.0, and my player name was Mara Jade.

I was on page 2 of the rankings, he was on page 0.

Went to bed last night, had a planet defended by 25million torpedos in sector defences, and the planet had a strong razorback and a pretty strong voyager docked.

I woke up, no planet, no ships, and with FN news telling me my planet was taken by a guy with ten times my score.

I couldnt take starting over again so self destructed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:38 am 
Developer
Developer

It's because you didn't control the sector. From the logs it looks like he built two planets in the sector with your planet. Then he filled them and based them. That gave him control of the sector. Any player can attack any planet or any other player bounty free if they own the sector.

This is from the FAQ for the game.

Quote:
Sector Ownership and Bounties

Owning a sector is critical if you want to protect yourself from smaller players. If you would like to be able to attack small players planets or ships you need to own more than half of the based planets a sector can support.

Sector supports 5 planets you must own 3
Sector supports 4 planets you must own 3
Sector supports 3 planets you must own 2
Sector supports 2 planets you must own 2
Sector supports 1 planet you must own 1

Remember the planets you own must be based. If you own the number of based planets needed for the sector then you can attack any player who is in that sector and never get a bounty. As long as you own it then it is a bounty free area and any planet or player in the sector is fair game to attack.

I highlighted the part that details this. Everyone should read the FAQ before playing the game. It may be a little out of date on some things but on most it is accurate. The link is on the login page on every game.

If you are just starting out you should find a sector that only supports one planet to prevent this from happening. If you have to or want to build in a sector that supports more than one planet you should fill it up with planets using Genesis Torpedoes if planets don't exist. Capture all of the planets. You don't even have to base them. Just capturing them will prevent a high ranked player from attacking you without a bounty. Though you should base and upgrade them to prevent a low ranked player from taking them.

But your bets bet for your first planet it to build it in a sector that can only support one planet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:33 am 

I wasnt aware you could even build a planet in someone elses sector.

Shouldnt the settings prevent that?

Sounds like a bit of a serious loophole, you talk about protecting yourself from smaller players, but I was attacked by a much larger player.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:15 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Ahem, You got to make sure you deploy the max amount of planets that the sector can hold and base them. Or atleast base the amount of planets that it takes going by the chart PJ. just showed you. Of course you can build in someones sector if they have left room for you to do so. I don't see what the big deal is. your safe from bigger players as long as you do the above and watch your alignment. If your going ot attack, you must plan out ahead of time because if you attack someone 'evil' (which turns you to 'good') you need to have a player rated 'good' lined up to attack so that you get back to neutral. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:13 am 
Developer
Developer

glunark wrote:
I wasnt aware you could even build a planet in someone elses sector.

Shouldnt the settings prevent that?

Sounds like a bit of a serious loophole, you talk about protecting yourself from smaller players, but I was attacked by a much larger player.

It's not a loophole. ANYONE can build a planet in a sector that has open slots for new planets. MOst players fill up a sector that supports more than one planet will their own planets so they own it.

And if you re-read the FAQ and what I posted it says you protect yourself from both smaller and higher ranked players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just a little note, this has been in the game for 3 + years.

As a small player, you need to build smarter. Plus if you went into your sector rules, I believe if you controlled the sector to start with I think you can prevent it.. but I usually build in sectors where I can control the whole sector so I can be safe.

Post subject: Re: How can I be attacked by another player with ten times my
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:48 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Yes, you can actually prevent players from building planets in a sector even if you don't have over half the planets already. I have been foiled this way a few times. Usually though, if someone doesn't have the required planets built, and there is enough room for me to do so, I do, and WHAM! Ticket to Sol, one-way. And as TH says, its been around for atleast 3+ years :D Cause I've been using it that long ;)

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]