It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:25 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: ERROR, BUG, or You tell me what it is..
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:37 am 
Trial
Trial

Hello:

Been playing for a couple days, and today, something happened and all I see is a box in the middle of the screen that says COMMANDS... and a small list of commands below.

Is this a bug? Whats up?

thanks for the help/info

Jason

Post subject: Re: ERROR, BUG, or You tell me what it is..
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Can you tell me which game?

There are several reasons you maybe seeing this screen.

A: Some servers have time limits implemented and you can only play so many hours a day. Once you hit that limit you are thrown into that screen You can see time till the time reset at the bottom of the screen.

Or B: You have been killed without an escape pod. That screen is there so you cabn review your logs to see what happened.

jason wrote:
Hello:

Been playing for a couple days, and today, something happened and all I see is a box in the middle of the screen that says COMMANDS... and a small list of commands below.

Is this a bug? Whats up?

thanks for the help/info

Jason

Post subject: Re: ERROR, BUG, or You tell me what it is..
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:55 pm 
Developer
Developer

I guess we need to put an information box on that screen to let people know why they are there. That screen will be displayed when the server is in Tournament Setup Mode where players are signing up and getting ready to play a tournament. It is displayed when you get killed without an escape pod so you can view your logs to see what happened. And finally it is is displayed when the server has set a timelimit for how long each player can play the game per day. If the admin has set the time limit to 3 hours as soon as you have been online for 3 hours you will be taken to that screen. When MIDNIGHT local server time arrives all player timers are reset to 0 so they have another 3 hours of playtime. Look at the bottom of any screen on that server and it will tell you how many hours, minutes and seconds until the server resets the player time. This was added because some players would use special scripts to stay online all day preventing others from getting online.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]