It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Energy gone from planet
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:30 am 
Trial
Trial

When I logged off yesterday I had over 5 million energy on one of my planets. I had energy production set at 25% and it was climbing steadily. This morning, it was down to 23,699. As far as I can tell, my logs don't show any attacks or anything that might have drained energy, and I don't have any cargo ship routes active. The only message in my logs is from early this morning saying that this planet's sector defenses degraded 5% due to insufficient energy.

I watched for a few ticks, and the energy level is now starting to climb again. Can anyone tell me what happened and how I can avoid it happening again?

Post subject: Re: Energy gone from planet
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:10 am 

Every fighter in your sector defense needs energy to function, and they get that from the energy that you produce on your planets. If you don't have enough energy production, your fighters will die off. Sounds to me like you need a few more planets in that sector for energy production, or increase the % on the one you already have. The later will hurt your credit output tho. This is why multiple planet sectors are better for laying down defenses. You can have 4-5 planets putting out energy and use massive amounts of fighters

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:23 pm 
Trial
Trial

Thanks, that makes sense. So are sector fighters the only thing that will drain a planet's energy without it being attacked, or do planet shields and fighters also cost energy to maintain when not in use?

Is there any way to see a planet's per-tick energy production vs. energy usage under it's current settings, or am I just stuck with watching the numbers go up or down as a few turns tick by?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:40 pm 

Each server has different settings. Go to the log in page and click on settings and it will tell you how much energy is used per fighter, and how many colonists it takes to produce 1 unit of energy. Do a little math and it's alot easier than waitign around half an hour adjusting things. Shields and beams only need that energy when attacked, so you're good there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:12 pm 
Trial
Trial

Thanks a lot! You've been very helpful.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:43 am 
Trial
Trial

If I deploy sector fighters in a sector with multiple planets will they pull energy equally from all planets in the sector?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:31 pm 
Developer
Developer

Yes, all the planets that you own.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]