It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 10:03 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Cheaters
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:07 pm 

I've seen a lot in this thread about outdated code and all the new code in later versions that prevent cheating, but I doubt that even the .31 main game is immune to cheating because I have been watching one person there who apparently has figured out how to cheat without official notice and is getting away with it so far. One just needs to watch the news, scoreboard, and make one other connection to see that the cheater just got away with "murder". :nono: I always wondered why he was allowed to get away with it - Would you consider it possible that you guys have a little too much faith in your "stop-cheat" coding and have relaxed more than you should?

edit: spelling correction

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:23 pm 
Developer
Developer

If you think that is the case with that person then send me his in game name and detail what you have seen and what you think is happening so I can check it out.

Sent it to me in a PM. If things are brought up about a player we do check them out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zoid wrote:
I've seen a lot in this thread about outdated code and all the new code in later versions that prevent cheating, but I doubt that even the .31 main game is immune to cheating because I have been watching one person there who apparently has figured out how to cheat without official notice and is getting away with it so far. One just needs to watch the news, scoreboard, and make one other connection to see that the cheater just got away with "murder". :nono: I always wondered why he was allowed to get away with it - Would you consider it possible that you guys have a little too much faith in your "stop-cheat" coding and have relaxed more than you should?

Murder? I watch the news all the time, I havent seen anything that has jumped out at me. But yes as PJ says, if you think someone is cheating, bring it to the admins attention. Note, just because there is an attacker that is thumping on alot of players doesn't make them a cheater.

As several players have noted, while we may have the code in place, nothing is completely automatic, there will always need to be human intervention to verify a cheater. We believe in 100% proof policy. Innocence until proof of guilt. There has been many occasions where I have been accused of cheating when I was not, its usually a lack of knowledge of the player making the blame that is usually the case. Hence why we prefer players PM us so we can look into an issue.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:17 pm 

Tarnus wrote:
Zoid wrote:

We believe in 100% proof policy. Innocence until proof of guilt. There has been many occasions where I have been accused of cheating when I was not, its usually a lack of knowledge of the player making the blame that is usually the case. Hence why we prefer players PM us so we can look into an issue.

That's certainly a very respectable position; I wouldn't want it to be any other way. I'll send the details for you to look into.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:57 am 

Question:

If me and my brother are playing from the same ip, are we a cheaters?

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:55 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

No, that's legitimate.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:39 pm 

friik wrote:
Question:

If me and my brother are playing from the same ip, are we a cheaters?

As long as admin is aware, you will be okay. We play with at least two, sometimes even three in the same household. I've been asked before why there were two usernames with the same IP. When I explained why, it was all good.

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2