It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 7:15 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Maximum players
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:44 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

I noticed you started enforcing the max players online, and must say I don't like it. I can only be on certain times. Some days, I can be on a lot, and it's not problem, but if the server is full when I want to log on one day, I can't get on. Say that happens when I need to get on to consolidate 40T. I can't get on, my planets max, and I lose 40T of production the next day. Ugh...

Post subject: Re: Maximum players
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Valience wrote:
I noticed you started enforcing the max players online, and must say I don't like it. I can only be on certain times. Some days, I can be on a lot, and it's not problem, but if the server is full when I want to log on one day, I can't get on. Say that happens when I need to get on to consolidate 40T. I can't get on, my planets max, and I lose 40T of production the next day. Ugh...

Man its not like if you wait a few minutes you cant login. I like it, it creates an interesting dynamic not to mention heart attacks while you watch the news and hope your empire survives till you can login.

We can't accommodate everyone all the time :) Lucky we dont have the time limits active :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:28 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

I'd honestly rather the time limits than the max players. The site didn't seem like it was under much more stress with a few more people on. My main problem remains that it may cause me to miss my daily production. And I have had to wait a little while.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:09 pm 
Developer
Developer

The max players wasn't enforced because for some reason the code was BROKEN in the last game. It was fixed with this game and you have to remember there are other sites running on this server. So the player limit stays.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Valience wrote:
I'd honestly rather the time limits than the max players. The site didn't seem like it was under much more stress with a few more people on. My main problem remains that it may cause me to miss my daily production. And I have had to wait a little while.

Tell ya what, you fork over $250/month and I will open the server up on a dedicated server with a huge max user limit. Thats what it will cost to drop a dedicated server on to a high bandwidth pipe. Then you can consolidate anytime you want. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:34 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

*whistles* wow! If it really is an issue, and actually does slow down everything (though I don't notice it) I'll put up with it. I'd donate if I could, but I can't.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Valience wrote:
*whistles* wow! If it really is an issue, and actually does slow down everything (though I don't notice it) I'll put up with it. I'd donate if I could, but I can't.

Well being we are lucky enough to ride on the back of my bandwidth with minimal costs you have to put up with it. Clients who pay are the bandwidth priority... we unfortunately are poor so have no priority.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:24 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

I'd never expect you to pay for something you aren't making any money off of.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well I already do... its called aatraders :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:35 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

:\ Again, I'd donate to help support it if I could. If you guys keep this going for another four years, I'll be out of the house and working :P

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]