It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 6:42 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Server Timeouts?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:34 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

I was playing happily away with only 2 other users online (last I checked) and suddenly the next window won't load. This was around 1300 hours GMT+10. No matter what I click, the browser is "waiting for aatrade.springfield.net" and eventually times out and ditches me to the "You need to log in" screen.
I can get the login screen okay, and when I log in the browser cache seems to load the lobby screen, though not the chat window, and I click main menu, or whatever, it hangs again.

I'm stuck out in the middle of nowhere here, I need to get back to my SG! :o

FYI, this has happened before, but usually it was minor. This one's lasted half an hour. Any ideas?

Post subject: Re: Server Timeouts?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

InstinctSage wrote:
I was playing happily away with only 2 other users online (last I checked) and suddenly the next window won't load. This was around 1300 hours GMT+10. No matter what I click, the browser is "waiting for aatrade.springfield.net" and eventually times out and ditches me to the "You need to log in" screen.
I can get the login screen okay, and when I log in the browser cache seems to load the lobby screen, though not the chat window, and I click main menu, or whatever, it hangs again.

I'm stuck out in the middle of nowhere here, I need to get back to my SG! :o

FYI, this has happened before, but usually it was minor. This one's lasted half an hour. Any ideas?

Did you try closing your browser? Sometimes your browser can get whacked out. I know mine has in the past. I was just ona fe minutes ago with no prob so it sounds like its on your end.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:07 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

I retried about half an hour ago and ran back to SG, so I'm fine, but I just tried logging in again and same deal. So I opened up an IE window (I use FF by default) and tried, no dice. It's most likely my end since I'm at work going via proxy, but I wanted to double check, as this is sporadic and odd.

It seems especially strange that I can log in, but not get past the lobby. Perhaps changing my default layout would help? (I'm using PJs adjustable windows one)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:53 pm 
Developer
Developer

It's probably your proxy. Proxies are flaky and we will not try and support the logging in through a proxy. If you can do it then great but if you have problems playing through a proxy don't ask us for help. :D Not our problem. ;)

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]