It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:45 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: SD Combat
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Valience wrote:
Hey, back on topic, I have another question. When somone ARs SD, does it require as much energy as ALL the fighters in the sector would use, or only the active ones (the number equal to the amount the highest fighter tech could support)?

If it floats in space, it needs the energy. So the more fighters, the more energy cost. 100mill, will take 250mill of energy per a&r to hold.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:31 am 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

Tarnus wrote:
SD Weapons level determines the highest amount of fighters that can attack you at any one time the higher the number the better, spreading this value across your planets only allow you to put more fighters out, it doesn't prevent them from being taken out.

For example say you have a 5X planet sector and a level 200 SDW will put out say 1 mill fighters.(This is not an accurate for the level just an example) SInce you have 5 planets you drop 5 mill fighters into the sector. Now when someone attacks, only the highest SDW level is taken into account so the number of fighters that will be called up to return the attack is only 1 mill. Doesn't hurt you to have extra so you have some reserve, but if the attacker has to means to avoid a level 200 return attack he doesn't have to worry as much.

As far as a formula, I do everything by gutt instinct and Probes if we had any (BIG HINT PJ!!!). I have no formulas when I play, I just use trial and error... I believe I have said this before somewhere. :)

So, this is only for AR, right?
5x planet sectors make great defensive gateways because, well, 5x the fighter/torp production capacity and 5x the deployment capacity. Devoting planets to energy instead of fighter/torp production helps ensure you have enough energy to supply them, but it sounds like it's really worth finding a balance between developing one planet for the biggest single attack power, and upgrading the other planets for the biggest total fighter count.

But the SDW level is only applicable for AR, because if someone wants to move into the sector they MUST DEFEAT ALL FIGHTERS, correct? They wouldn't have to just defeat the maximum amount deployable under highest SDW tech in the sector, right?

By the by, what determines how many mines you can destroy? I can only ever seem to get a few measly thousand.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

InstinctSage wrote:
So, this is only for AR, right?
5x planet sectors make great defensive gateways because, well, 5x the fighter/torp production capacity and 5x the deployment capacity. Devoting planets to energy instead of fighter/torp production helps ensure you have enough energy to supply them, but it sounds like it's really worth finding a balance between developing one planet for the biggest single attack power, and upgrading the other planets for the biggest total fighter count.

But the SDW level is only applicable for AR, because if someone wants to move into the sector they MUST DEFEAT ALL FIGHTERS, correct? They wouldn't have to just defeat the maximum amount deployable under highest SDW tech in the sector, right?

By the by, what determines how many mines you can destroy? I can only ever seem to get a few measly thousand.

Yes, and Yes.

If your directly attacking mines, it uses your beams to take them out. Otherwise just hitting mines by entering the sector takes up to half of em out at a time. This may change in the future.

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3