It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 11 of 13 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Newbies!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:57 am 

Korsare wrote:
. . . .and my other slightly more important question is how do i get my planets to produce credits, none of them are. and it wont let me change the percentages.

I'd guess then, that you're trying to change production values thru the "Change Planet Production" menu, which you can only do if the planets are based - otherwise they just don't show up there.

Also, if you're trying to do it thru the aforementioned menu and the planets DO show up but the new values you're inputting just do not stick, maybe you're using the wrong "submit" button. You'll notice there is a "submit" button at the top of the page and the bottom, too. The one at the top is for changing the page. The one at the bottom is the button which actually saves your planet changes.

You can always change the planet production values manually at the planet itself whether the planet is based or not - the only requirement is that either you own the planet or a teammate owns the planet and makes it a "team planet."

Hope that helps you.

Post subject: :Newbies!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:56 pm 
Trial
Trial

Nah i figured it out, you dont actually type in the credit production precent you just set the value of the other ones and the remaining percent defaults to the credit production.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Korsare wrote:
I remember a long time ago before you had to buy your ship from a planet and queen amidala was playing people would load sectors with fighters just by mind numbingly buying and dropping over and over. so doesnt this new limiting on sector defenses kinda make it too easy for bigger players to prey on us little ones, i mean i remember how much it sucks to have an excelsior and get the damn thing blown up cause of billions of fighters and mines but now it seems like dropping sector defenses is kinda useless for me cause anyone with something as small as a razorback can get through my stuff, and my other slightly more important question is how do i get my planets to produce credits, none of them are. and it wont let me change the percentages.

Well number one difference is, as long as you dont have large team mates the larger players can't bust your defense. If they try, they will wake up in a pod... No more are the days that large bounty players can clear your SD if you are bounty to them.

The other issue is, if you get your SD sensors and number of fighters in your sector high enough, those razors will either get destroyed or they will be severely damaged. Since we eliminated Sector Novas, a player will either have to outright clear your SD or attack and run it. A&R with too small of a ship can get costly.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:04 pm 
Trial
Trial

Wow you guys sure have done a good job of refining this game, i cant wait for 1.00, another question is how are points accrued, is it based on solid network and not liquid networth? seems like when i buy mass amount from ports via port to planet trades my score goes down but when i create, base and upgrade a planet it goes up. im assuming im right because if it was based on liquid assets people would have outrageos scores just for having a large amount of cargo.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Korsare wrote:
Wow you guys sure have done a good job of refining this game, i cant wait for 1.00, another question is how are points accrued, is it based on solid network and not liquid networth? seems like when i buy mass amount from ports via port to planet trades my score goes down but when i create, base and upgrade a planet it goes up. im assuming im right because if it was based on liquid assets people would have outrageos scores just for having a large amount of cargo.

Well its all about balance. We really want to make it where players only have to deal with their own size... accept when its a tournament no bounty game. :)

Its based on all your assets, including, ships and planet levels. If you take ship damage or planet damage you can lose score as well. When your score is low there is some odd fluctuations that we have never figured out how to account for. You may login and have one score and logout with another... Once your score gets so high you dont notice it.

Post subject: Rankings
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:50 pm 

I see that on the rankings page, some names are in blue, some in white.
Any specific reason?

Post subject: Re: Rankings
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sharkbait wrote:
Any specific reason?

If ya click on the blue you will see its a link to their profile. That way their stats can be recorded when they play the game. White means the player is not linking a profile.

Post subject: Re: Rankings
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:52 am 

Tarnus wrote:
Sharkbait wrote:
Any specific reason?

If ya click on the blue you will see its a link to their profile. That way their stats can be recorded when they play the game. White means the player is not linking a profile.

I don't trust them white players, not one little bit! Surely they intend to perpetrate some scandalously mean, extraordinarily evil and dishonorable, backstabbing acts upon poor little me that they do not want to be remembered for! :stab:

I don't trust them blue players either, 'cuz they're twice as sneaky, doubtless using a clean and shiny new profile every game to deceive poor little me into believing that they can be trusted to not perpetrate some scandalously mean, extraordinarily evil and dishonorable, backstabbing acts upon me.

They're all out to get me. :(

:D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:58 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well we do review profiles from time to time and cross reference them based on IP. We really only allow one profile per person, not that its impossible for us to track but we have threatened complete banning in the past for multiple profiles ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:36 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

I'm proud of the mean thing I do, so I'm sure to link to my profile :D But I don't backstab. I'm straightforward with my ill intentions.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:57 pm 

val mostly backstabs him self, its some kind of curse or something :?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:16 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

So true...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:47 am 
Trial
Trial

Ship destroyed! April 01 2008 10:54
You were destroyed by a fighters force in sector T54M5PY. You did not have an escape pod, you died.

Logged in April 04 2008 11:45
You have logged in, from XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX.

So... why has my account not been reset yet? It resets after 3 days, yes?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

LordRahl86 wrote:
Ship destroyed! April 01 2008 10:54
You were destroyed by a fighters force in sector T54M5PY. You did not have an escape pod, you died.

Logged in April 04 2008 11:45
You have logged in, from XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX.

So... why has my account not been reset yet? It resets after 3 days, yes?

Purge has not happened yet, usually closer to midnight of the third day. Tomorrow you should be able to come back.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:08 pm 
Trial
Trial

Bah. I must wait longer?! After being killed in my own home sector? :mecry:

Page 11 of 13 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next