It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 2:43 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 7 of 13 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: I have absolutely no clue on how to nova bomb....
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:07 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

This may be a dumb question, but it really would be helpful for me to know.

1. I have absolutely no clue on how to nova bomb.... but I did pick up from the forums that it's definitely possible to nova bomb SDs,... but can you tell the nova bomb to pinpoint and hit a particular indy planet??

2. What can you tell about a player who has very high experience points, and high goodness ratings, but doesn't have a planet? Will picking up debris increase your experience points?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shade wrote:
Ok, I had 2 questions but one was answered somewhere in this topic so now, my only question is, my planet got attacked (I didn't lose it) and took damage. I went to the repair screen but it doesn't let me do anything. How do I repair the damage?

Thanks much!! :)

Was it in one of thr alpha games or a .21 game? If its damaged the repair link should be where you repair the levels. I would need to know if its showing lower overall levels or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:55 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

You cant repair because there are no repairs to be done.

Fighter Bay
Normal: 17 - Max 54
Damaged: 17

As shown from your post the normal level is 17 and damaged shows that the current level is 17, this means that not enough damage was done to warrant necessary repairs on your planet. So your planet while it may of been hit did not take tech level damage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If the damage level drops below the norm level, thats whne you know it is damaged. Look at the level bars as well on the planet screen that will show you how damaged it is as well, If both bars are same length, ya know your fine. When the damged bar is shorter, its time to get that planet repaired.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:43 am 
Developer
Developer

It sounds like either one of your dignitaries is really an embezzler and stealing money from you or someone has placed a spie on your planet and they are stealing money from you.

I would suggest dismissing your dignitaries on that planet or pull them off. I bet you will find your money goes back up again. If you have dignitaries on a planet make sure you have 10 of your OWN spies on there. They can sometimes sniff out a dignitary that's embezzling money and report it in your logs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shade wrote:
Thanks! Now I've got another one. Some player came in and stole one of my planets :razz: so, I went to go take it back. Well, now the Federation placed a bounty on me that I have no hope in hell of paying off!! (I guess that means I'll be losing this game soon, lol, I never thought it would be so much) How come when he came in and took it in the first place there was no bounty on him but now when I take it back there is on me!!? I don't get it, plz help. :( :???:

ALWAYS scan a planet, it will tell you if you will get a bounty for taking it back. That player was able to take your planet because he was smaller than you. Hes score is under 50% of your score so he is out of your range. If you have enough planets you might be able to take a loan from the bank to pay off the bounty. Note the fed does accept payments, but the quicker you get it paid off the better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That all depends on what game you are playing also. If your playing in the .30 alpha games, y9ou have to get them from a colonist port. All other servers .21 and below you get them from upgrade ports.

Note: Make sure your hull isnt full of comodities, you might not be able to pick them up because your hull is full.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:06 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Melina wrote:
Tarnus wrote:
That all depends on what game you are playing also. If your playing in the .30 alpha games, y9ou have to get them from a colonist port. All other servers .21 and below you get them from upgrade ports.

Note: Make sure your hull isnt full of comodities, you might not be able to pick them up because your hull is full.

Umm I'm not sure what game I am playing, but it says the quick and the dirty.

Thats the .30 alpha game. So you collect collonists at collonist ports. There is one near the warp link of the Sol sector.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:19 pm 
Developer
Developer

Well, the only thing we have added are the Federation and Alliance Leader. They are basically the good and bad police and only attack if you do something wrong.

We want to add NPC players but that is not a top priority right now. :)

And colonists all depend upon the maximum the planet can hold based upon the size of the planet which is based upon the average tech level of the planet. Whew...

Most people starting off will not even think about building or capturing a planet until they have built up a large stash of cash through trading. They will mainly increase their hull size and maybe engines and trade only in protected federation space.

There are many ways people play the game but that is the one I have been seeing people use lately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

IreaRehia wrote:
Yay, now I know I'll be facing incredibly buff ships, tons of mines and obscenely rich people in the future. I'll try the other way and see how it pans out =)

Thanks!
~Irea

On the bright side...after the new beta runs through its tests, the main will be reseting so eeryone will be on ccommon ground again :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Some players like to gamble, I prefer not to, at least till I can aford losing the ship.

Post subject: Re: Cargo holds
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

IreaRehia wrote:
Hi againnnn,

Is there a difference in hold cost when you save up to buy many many hold levels at once (some kind of "volume discount" at the upgrade port), and when you buy them one level at a time? I'm horrible at maths and wouldn't notice a subtle difference :D

I know the second option wastes more turns going to/from the upgrade port, but I'm just talking about credits.

Also: did I just give a "bad idea" to the devs :evil:

While saving for the larger hold may sound like a good idea initially you actually will lose efficiency. Your best bet ist to upgrade as you afford the level, larger hold meand more credits for trading and less turns to make the same credits. Don't foreget to watch your profit margins, if a port starts falling off in credits its time to move on to a new traderoute.

Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:39 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

fritz wrote:
how can i get rid of colonist and how do i create a planet

Goto a device port and buy a genesis device.

Then ounce you create a planet you can transfer the colonists to that planet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:22 pm 

Hey im new at this game and i was wondering how far should my first planet be before i create a second one? And could you explain the Trade routes to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The none wrote:
Hey im new at this game and i was wondering how far should my first planet be before i create a second one? And could you explain the Trade routes to me.

Just remember collonist make you credits the more collonist the more credits. Also the closer to max credits your planet has the faster they will make you more money. As far as trade routes go have you read the FAQ or the beginners guide when you logged in?

http://aatrade.springfield.net/faq.php?section=quick_start should give you some basics.

Page 7 of 13 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next