It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: What are you listening to right now?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:47 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

That was the norm back then... Yes, it's String Quartet no. 8 now. Some of his works have specific titles, but their formal titles remain the type of song, the number, the opus, and individual movements are denoted by tempo. He wasn't the only one. There's always the Moonlight Sonata (though he didn't name that one), Pathetique (not that one either), the Archduke sonata (that nickname came about after him because of the dedication of the song), Appassionata (named by the publisher like Pathetique), and so on... So at least there are other names out there. I do believed he named the Grosse Fuge.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:16 am 
Trial
Trial

On this perticular 12 am, I happen to be listening to "Pinball Wizard" by the Who. You guys can try all you want, but I tell Val to broaden out every day at school (sadly, to almost no avail)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:57 am 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

Been a while since this topic was made but what the hell I'll post my tastes. At any given time I'm listening to a personal mix of the Transiberian Orchestra, Elvis, Michael Jackson, Rise Against, Coheed and Cambria, Blues Traveler, The Pillows (That band that did the sound track for the anime "FLCL"), and the Full Metal Alchemist sound tracks.

It may appear like I'm diverse but it's only because I hate practically everything. Something has to intrigue me greatly or have lyrics that I can't understand for me to enjoy, 'cause 9 times out of 10 if i understand the lyrics I try to break them down into meaning something and 90% of music, at least these days, doesn't mean shit. Sometimes I don't realize I hate something right away though, I'll even be lucky enough to enjoy a song 5 or 6 times before I start to pay attention to the lyrics and get pissed off. So anything I'm listening to right now might be pissing me off next week.

...you're welcome.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:30 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

lol, I too am a proponenet of music making sense. Without lyrics, of course, it's not a problem ;) I can stand just about anything that isn't just dumb. Country is usually ok, classic rock is generally good, and even some heavier stuff, though not always. Rap is usually awful, along with most heavy metal, but there are exceptions, I guess.

Still, classical/romantic is the best, so I don't see any reason to listen to anything else, even if it is really good, since it probably won't be quite as good.

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2