It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hello!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:22 pm 
Trial
Trial

Hi Everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm an oldschool TradeWars player from back in the BBS days. I used to run a single-line BBS with a 2400 bps modem! It seemed blazingly fast at the time...

I got nostalgic and started googling around for TradeWars games and came across this game, BNT, and several others. After reviewing them all this one looked like the most fun, was still being actively developed, and had the most active players. I was excited to see that the main game is being reset on Sept. 8 and look forward to being able to start on an even footing with everyone. I went ahead and joined the current main game now so I can experiment around and get some of my mistakes out of the way before the reset. So far I'm really enjoying myself.

It's been a LONG time since I've played any TradeWars, and it looks like there are quite a few new things to learn for AAtraders. I can't find any good comprehensive documentation (if I've missed it someone please link me to it), so expect a whole bunch of noobish questions to start popping up on the forum as I try to figure things out!

Post subject: Re: Hello!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ack wrote:
Hi Everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm an oldschool TradeWars player from back in the BBS days. I used to run a single-line BBS with a 2400 bps modem! It seemed blazingly fast at the time...

I got nostalgic and started googling around for TradeWars games and came across this game, BNT, and several others. After reviewing them all this one looked like the most fun, was still being actively developed, and had the most active players. I was excited to see that the main game is being reset on Sept. 8 and look forward to being able to start on an even footing with everyone. I went ahead and joined the current main game now so I can experiment around and get some of my mistakes out of the way before the reset. So far I'm really enjoying myself.

It's been a LONG time since I've played any TradeWars, and it looks like there are quite a few new things to learn for AAtraders. I can't find any good comprehensive documentation (if I've missed it someone please link me to it), so expect a whole bunch of noobish questions to start popping up on the forum as I try to figure things out!

Welcome aboard ACK. Feel free to post questions here as well as in the Main shouts. Most everyone is willing to help. We have a FAQ but its pretty outdated. Both me and PJ suck at docs so we try and post new stuff in the information port off of sol as well as here in the forum. We've had a few volunteers on the docs side but its pretty rough. Many of oldies came from the original TWars... I played it at 300 baud I think ;)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:05 pm 

starting tommorow I'll be doing some teaching/training on alf's ds server. Feel free to join in. Just look for it in the server list. I can teach you most of the basics, and probably save you months of mistakes. My name on there is mentos. Message me so I can invite you to the team

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:31 am 
Trial
Trial

Thanks, everyone.

Oakman, I'd love some training and will try to find time to get on that server.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:08 am 
Gamer
Gamer

Ack wrote:
Thanks, everyone.

Oakman, I'd love some training and will try to find time to get on that server.

Welcome back, Ack.

I never played Tradewars, but since this game is generally based on it, you should not have a problem adapting.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:48 am 
Gamer
Gamer

Tradewars.... You could fly your Planet around like a huge Death Star....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:54 am 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Nice! That'd be awesome! I am sounding like Lucky, I'm sure. Uh oh...

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]