It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:48 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Holy cow with the storms and plague...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:35 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

In AAT 3.0 you are supposed to have LESS planets yet bigger planets.

These storms and plagues are just happening WAY to often. It is just killing credit production.

Not a day goes by where half of my 20 planets don't get his by something... The only thing I can think to do to combat it is to build more planets! =(

Higher end credit production REQUIRES max capacity planets for LONGER amounts of time. Yet this can't happen because if my planets are at Max Colonist Population they get cut in half every 2nd day. That cuts my PRODUCTION of credits in half. So I am only running at optimal credit production for a few hours every two days.

The philosophy of having bigger planets in AAT .30 just can't work with the current rate of plauge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:04 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

I had not noticed anything like that yet.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:50 pm 
Developer
Developer

Actually that doesn't seem to be the case with the majority of players in the game. The only people who would get a large number of disasters are those who have maxed out their planets populations. That is one of the things you have to watch out for and try not to over populate your planets. If you have too many planets to manage their populations then many you should drop the number of planets and focus on increasing the tech on a few planets to stay ahead of the population growth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Need a research item that freezes population. That or someway to offload colonists to other planets. (hint himt need planet to planet tr workin)

Maybe a population nuke. This will cause a big evil rating shift but could esentialy depopulate your planet of up to 50% of your population.

Dont forget you can still starve them off. Be better to move em :)

Don't forget birth reduction dignitaries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:37 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Planet to planet is the best way, at least with the least amount of risk involved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:49 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Panama Jack wrote:
Actually that doesn't seem to be the case with the majority of players in the game.

Well, I am a power builder... however the amount of hits I take is serious ridiculous. Don't make me compile my log into stats. It won't be pretty. :cool:

Panama Jack wrote:
... try not to over populate your planets.

Once planet to planet transfer is in this may not be as bad. But for now... UG.

Panama Jack wrote:
If you have too many planets to manage their populations then many you should drop the number of planets and focus on increasing the tech on a few planets to stay ahead of the population growth.

What are you... a developer? Let me try bigger words written in Cobalt....
No wait... I will save that for your next response.

PJ - You CAN NOT keep your credit production at optimal levels if your population is not not near max AND your credits are not near max as well.

As of right now - Upgrading decreases your credit production HOWEVER your population grows MUCH faster toward the tech cap than your credits do. So there will be a time period where you are at MAX Population and NON-Optimal Credit levels. If you upgrade your tech during this non-optimal stage you will put yourself into an even worse credit earning situation.

Solutions...?

Raise the population per tech level (again). I know you have been bumping it up each beta... and in .30 iteration 1 optimal planet level for credit production was 22. Now it is 24. If you go above 24 you end up in the non-optimal credit situation that I illustrated above.

Randomize the space plague effects. 50% is the worst - 5% is the best.

Put AAT's first research item in place... For each percentage of population I put into Research, I earn research points. When I reach 100,000,000 million research points I can purchase Immunization 1 (10% lower Space Plauge effects). Level 2 can be at 1,000,000,000 research points, etc....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:11 am 
Developer
Developer

Kwae Zar wrote:
PJ - You CAN NOT keep your credit production at optimal levels if your population is not not near max AND your credits are not near max as well.

As of right now - Upgrading decreases your credit production HOWEVER your population grows MUCH faster toward the tech cap than your credits do. So there will be a time period where you are at MAX Population and NON-Optimal Credit levels. If you upgrade your tech during this non-optimal stage you will put yourself into an even worse credit earning situation.

No kidding...

That's the way it is supposed to be. There is a heavy penalty for keeping your planets close to their max. We are not going to make it EASY to make cash when your planets are maxed out. It is already pretty damned easy.

If we do it your way we end up having a situation similar to having interest on planets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:01 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anothing thing we have talked about is letting people pick dignitaries jobs. (doesnt prevent embezzlers) But If your planet is approaching max you could flip the dinitary jobs to be birth reducers.

I think the main settings on colonists is about right, the beta game is much lower as that is what settings PJ has set. 1 bill base and 250 mill per level is more than enough.

Disasters only occur on planets over 90% max collonists so just managing planets more carefully will help stabalize the growth. Yes the more planets you havee the harder they are to manage. So you can choose between having a lo of planets and not worrying about disasters and let natural selection kick in, or micro manage your planets for every penny.

I'm lazy so I choose the easier of the two, and then go hunting for more planets to add to my list. However in my SG tunnel I am a little more cautious. I'm still consolidating aprox the same credits even with disasters. I have near 50 planets and get my share of bad things happening.

I am playing so I'm watching to see how bad it is. Will keep ya posted and see how bad it is effecting me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:05 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

I just say starve em when it still hurts to lose colonists, like when u don't have as many planets near max. Later on i just say let a percentage of em die and just don't take as many credits off the planets. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:05 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Tarnus wrote:
I have near 50 planets and get my share of bad things happening.

I thought 50 planets was pretty much the max that AAT .30 was going to allow without massive Indies occuring. I know in many of PJ's blogs before AAT .30 actually came out he was stating that the end of the massive planet farmer was going to be in AAT.30....

Anyhow, I love the idea of pick your own Digi job. There are already a few mod servers out there that do this. It certainly adds great flexability to the digi process and takes away alot of the constant fire/rehire busy work that is currently in the system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:03 am 
Gamer
Gamer

Two issues
#1pick your own Digi job. Yeah I tried it on Fantaz-server. Nice thing

#2 To prevent Revolutions, plagues etc.
These thing only ocurres when the amount of colos is above 80% of max (TH/PJ, correct me if I'm wrong). Now You can keep the amount under on many ways. MAny of them is the blogs above. I trying to let the digs do the jobs. In the current version I dismiss digs when I 80%-limit is within reach, and hope on getting birth-reducing digs who can match the growth in colos. Requires some time (and a bit of luck). So if U can determin the digs' job it would save time..
I have earlier suggested to TH that it wold be nice with a column in the planet-report named [% of Max colos] simular to the [% Max credits].

- "To be no. 12345 is okay, but whining is Big" ;)

http://www.aatraders.com/index.php?player_id=71

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:07 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Panama Jack wrote:
If we do it your way we end up having a situation similar to having interest on planets.

My way is not having a planet get hit by plague twice in 24 hours. Or having 15 of my 25 planets get hit every 72 hours.

I don't think it is all that bad though to do it even if it is "like have interest on the planets" because back then you didn't have all your money in play. You hid in your little stealth and everything was all nice and safe stocked away on your Voy which was untouchable in a space port.

Now adays, there is NO HIDDING. All that money is in play 24/7. So, why not allow greater credit production by toning down the planetary colonization penalities.

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]