It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:25 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: money issues.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:19 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

I know you guys have been slowing down money building for a reason. But I have been tracking the large amount of money on one planet vs a lot of little planets with little money thing for a couple of days now, and it seems wrong.
As I understand it, the more money you have, and being almost full on colonists should net you bigger gains. If I am wrong, just stop reading and post that.
I hate to give out this much info during a game, but here goes.
I have 350 planets. There are 5 not making any money, so call it 345, with one holding more than half my money. I checked and it produces less than 5 percent per tick. It barely makes 1 tril over night. In compareson, the other 344 make nearly 30 trillion. All way under 10 percent money on planet.
Is this not a fair compareson?
basically, per tick, the planet with a large portion of my money only generates 1.5 times the money per tick as any other planet that has barely anything on it. Sounds like a lot, but does not seem worth the risk to consolodate all that money into one place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:26 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Ash - I too have experimented with this. And came to the same conclussions.

I have been nurturing about 10 planets all pretty "high" of a level for a credit planet. But, they just can't out produce 15 smaller credit planets.

WAY back when AAT .30 was supposed to be the end of people building 500 planets FTW (for the win).

That vision is slowly getting there. But only if you incorporate a different way of looking at things... If someone gets behind your "door" they are gonna tear through your small credit producing planets. However, if you have some larger well fortified credit producers people will be forced to expend alot of time and energy getting at the goods.

So while you are right, a few dozen smaller money makers produce better results, don't forget the flip side that bigger money makers produce better security.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:18 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

You would have to have a lot of money to be near 90 percent with a big planet, and make it hard to take.
At level 30, which is still takeable by a voyager, you have to have nearly 500 trillion on planet. Which makes only about 250 billion per tick. Plus it cost you nearly 3 trillion to build.
3 planets at level 23 or 25 make more per tick than that one. Spread out instead of all together means you lose very little. Harder to tend, but harder to take out.
Depends on how you want it to go. To make people gather up their money in one place, it has to be better interest than that. I understand there has to be a balance, and I may not have the answer, but this is not it.
It would be far better for me to have 500 planets with less than 1 tril on them then 1 planet with 500 tril. It would not be possible based on money vs levels to have a planet not takable and still be near max for colonists and money the way things stand now.
Perhapes the tech and money level ratios need to be dropped back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm actually looking at lowering it in the beta. Its a little lower now but maybe better if we try to adjust it a bit so you have a more protected planet with higher credit earnings. I'll ddicuss it with PJ a bit more.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]