It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:37 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: FIX THE DAMN NEGATIVE FIGS/TORPS BUG!!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:21 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

ok, I am so damn pissed right now that its not even funny. I just lost my big ship on the beta, because of a BUG in your damn game.

I had 298 fighter bays, holding 1.8m+ figs. the sector defenses were at 1.3m (I just took them down myself, from about 9m)

I decided to roll into the sector, and suddenly, here I am sending -173% fighters, which means I AM screwed! I lost my best ship, and all the score that went with it. and I am running low on turns, I took a goddamn IGB loan of 1.1T credits to upgrade this fucker, and I pulled team credits too. now my team is screwed!

you guys need to fix the goddamn code, or not even run the game. what a way to waste my whole damn week.

(note: I have a screenshot of the attack if you'd like to see it)

Last edited by Max Griswald on Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:53 pm 
Developer
Developer

Gee and why don't you just get screwed?

If you have a screen shot why the hell didn't you just go ahead and post it here since you can attach images to any post or were you too lazy or too damned stupid?

Now you can just bite me because quite frankly I just don't give a rats ass.

(I figured I would drop to your level and respond in kind.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Getting all pissed off at us without helping us track down a bug that you think was there does everyone very little good. There is a reason we have bug report links. Without good information all the yelling, cussing and screaming in the world does little good to get a bug fixed.

Example... do you take your car to the shop and yell, scream and cry at the mechanic and say "My car is F*ckin broke and its all your fault!" I think not. You walk in and give him a detailed description of the problem so he can try and track it down more easily. Until someone can give us GOOD information, and without screaming and cussing at us, we can do little or nothing toi fix an apparent problem can we.

Take a chill pill ...sheesh its a freakin game, not to mention "BETA SOFTWARE" On top of that we do this for FREE, we get paid NOTHING to make a great game for all, yet you feel the need vent your vent your frustrations toward us.

Be a real user and help us to help you. And do it politely!! Or nothing will happen period!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:09 pm 
Developer
Developer

Tarnus wrote:
Be a real user and help us to help you. And do it politely!! Or nothing will happen period!

Bore repeating...

Post subject: Re: FIX THE GODDAMN NEGATIVE FIGS/TORPS BUG!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:14 am 
Max Griswald wrote:
you guys need to fix the goddamn code, or not even run the fucking game.

Its only by running the game, and getting useful feedback that they can fix the code.

But since you don't understand that "Beta" software will have bugs, why don't you avoid playing it until its out of Beta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:08 am 
Gamer
Gamer

lol, what a bunch of idiots. first off, making a comparision to a reset is just plain idiotic, even stupid than my coming in here bitching. ofcourse the game is going to get reset, and guess what, EVERYONE will lose EVERYTHING. thus, I have no problem with that! gee, hard concpet there, eh?

as far as yelling at the mechanic, no, that'd be stupid. but if I bought a car from Ford, Dodge, Chevy, whatever, and let my wife drive it, only to find out it had NO BRAKES, and she wrecked and ended in the hospital or dead, I damn sure would go to the MAKER of the car, and bitch to high heaven, and I'd probably bring a gun. now, if the car came with brakes, and the mechanic had removed them, yes, I would yell at the mechanic, and then I would shoot him. probably after shooting everyone he cared about too, but who knows, since this is all hypothetical anyway.

the point is, I posted some info (hell, I don't PROGRAM this kind of game, how the fuck am I supposed to know what you need to track this damn thing down?) two days ago in the new bug software. its not my fault that nobody ever uses it.

how is this, if you were beta testing some poker software, and had $50 of your money deposited, you went on to win about 50-60 hands, bringing your total up to $250, and then something happened and the computer said that you now had a $0 balance (taking all your money and the money you had just won). you would be pissed too. in that situation, I think anybody in the world would demand their money back. since time is money, I do have money invested into this game (a lot more than 80% of the other players...) now you can't give me a week of time back, but all I want is the stuff I worked for back. its not a lot to ask.

as far as the attachment, I'm sorry but you don't support .rtf or .bmp files, so I'm not able to upload the file. maybe I'll put it on a website. ofcourse I'm sorry if me being stupid is what causes you guys to not support two of the most popular exstensions in the world. oh well...

-------------------------------

Click For Attack[/url]

Last edited by Max Griswald on Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:04 am 
Gamer
Gamer

and another thing, to comment on what oldman had said:

this is the ONLY game in the world, that has a fairly stable version already in use, comes out with a new version, and DROPS the older code for the new stuff, without getting the bugs worked out. if you went to play EverQuest, and they came out with a new version, they would beta test it before dropping the older version.

there is not ONE official site I can play a non-beta game on. so, why the hell should I bother with this site? other than the fact that anyone who has played the game ON MY TEAM knows how good a player I am, and overlooks the occasional bitching.

you, obviously don't know a damn thing about me, so STFU about my gameplay. I am TOTALLY team-oriented, and I have taught a large number of the players who play this game, as well as bringing 20-30 people to the site PERSONALLY. maybe thats not a lot, but I have done my share for this game. I may not be able to program the code for the game, and I may not have the financial abilities to donate, but I do my part by bringing players in, and teaching players how to play. when someone takes the time to teach a player how to play the game, they tend to stay a LOT longer than if someone surfs into the site, tries it, but doesn't get any help learning the game.

hell, on the beta game, I've been helping all kinds of people, that aren't even on my team! the reason maddog is where he is now is because of me helping him. same with alf, and I've tended the planets for my entire team for a week. if someone asks for help, I give it to them. and all I get is ignorant fucking morons coming in here trying to make it seem like I'm an idiot, or a selfish idiot. I know more about the game than 95% of the people who play it, and I'm the opposite of selfish, but then you'd have to know SOMETHINg to know that, and since you don't have a brain in that skull of yours, you don't.

why don't you do us all a favor and shoot yourself? (to quote something I was told...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:33 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Max, perhaps as I said before don't re-act...think. I've told you this many times and I'll say it again, its just a game. Help us make it better by not blowing up everytime something goes wrong. We can't find the problems if no one tells us about them. And even if we fix the problem it may take a reset to put it into play.

Remember, there are many players of all age that read the forums and play the game. Re-acting only puts a bad light on yourself, and not us.

Post subject: :-)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:06 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

:-)

Attachments:
attack&run.PNG
attack&run.PNG [ 39.01 KiB | Viewed 7495 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:25 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Armor is hit for -347. Didnt happen much with the bigger ships. Fortunately my engines were good enough to keep from taking much damage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You should be dead. Negative armor damge should never happen. Thanks for he screen shot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:40 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Twas an attack&run so i shouldnt of died but taken damage to the armor. Didnt want to scare anyone into thinkin you can get into a sector too easy. I lost a couple ships already when hitting the wrong option (full attack) instead of attack&run. I seen that when novaing a planet directly that it definitely defends itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:12 pm 
Developer
Developer

This is for Max Griswald...

Download this IMMEDIATELY Infranview <-- Click that now

There is absolutely NO reason for anyone to ever distribute BMP files unless they just want to be a stubborn git and annoy everyone. The above program is FREE and can display just about every graphics format known to man as well as convert to the most popular.

I converted the image he offered which was a 3.5 meg BMP file to a 168k high quality jpg in just a second using the above program.

If anyone submits another BMP file screen capture I will NOT look at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:31 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

http://www.aatraders.com/bugtrack/docs/ ... guide.html

thats the only documentation there is. I added everything I thought was relevant, much more info than the other people had when posting their bugs. no one even had bothered to look at the bug report before jumping on me and bitching that I should use the bug report software to report it instead of here. the point is, not a goddamn one of you bothered to look into it. you ASSUMED I didn't go post the bug, even though I had posted it days before it took my ship.

as far as my comments concerning the mechanic or the car manufacturer, that was hypothetical, in response to something you had said, so there would be no way for TH to misconstrue that into a threat...unless he was as ignorant as you are, which I know for a fact he is not.

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]