It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 11:51 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ok...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:59 am 
Gamer
Gamer

alright, thanks for *killing* attackers on the main game...

right now we are unable to do anything, because of the costs of upgrades on our ships versus the defender's planets. I just nearly lost my voyager, had 555,125,622,144 credits worth of damage done to it, without adding the money to repair the hulls, which I don't need. I guarantee the defender didn't even pay 20b credits to get his techs to where they were. I spent 2T credits on my ship. I tried to do an A&R, and it did 90% of my armour's worth of damage. that is total bullshit, and everyone knows it.

I agree with planets taking less to increase techs, but this is ridiculous. if I can be completely invincible for less than 100b credits, then there is something wrong with the code.

Hulls = 200
Engines = 252
Power = 245
Fig Bays = 277
Sensors = 220
Armour = 260
Shield = 220
Beams = 270
Torps = 260
Cloak = 255
ECM = 200

I guarantee you that none of the tech levels on that planet were above 220, and even if they were, it still cost them 10x less per tech than it cost me for that. there is NO WAY I shouldn't have been able to do a successful A&R.

Post subject: Re: Ok...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:39 am 
Gamer
Gamer

Max Griswald wrote:
...I guarantee you that none of the tech levels on that planet were above 220, and even if they were, it still cost them 10x less per tech than it cost me for that. there is NO WAY I shouldn't have been able to do a successful A&R.

The planets level was 210 at your first run and I upgrade the levels so they were 260-270 at your last run. But 90% of damage is over the egde in my eyes. Ther gotta be some adjustment so the defender can't be unbeatable for 40-50 bn at the current stage of the game.

- "To be no. 12345 is okay, but whining is Big" ;)

http://www.aatraders.com/index.php?player_id=71

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:55 am 
Gamer
Gamer

the thing is, it won't just be at the current stage of the game. because a player's ship can only go to 400. a player's planets can go to 600. it will still cost 10x less to get to 400 on a planet than to get there on a ship, meaning they can use the additional credits to either upgrade their planet MORE (410-440?) or build more planets and make more money. already, consider this, if I spend 1/10th the money on my planet as someone does on their ship, and upgrade to the same thing, I already have an advantage do to my planet being +20. that means, a player who has a 400 ship can't attack a player with a 400 planet, because its counted as a 420. all they have to do is keep enough SD around so that the attacker can't break it in one shot, which is quite easy actually, especially if you have more than one planet in a sector.

Post subject: Hmmmmmmm
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ya know you just can't please anyone. We had battles for weks over A&R being too easy on the beta server and no one seemed to mind when we fixed it. And there they even said it was still too easy. Please review the A&R wiki where I had posted the info on PJs blog about it.

http://www.aatraders.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=change_log#attack_and_run_revisited

Ya know you've pretty much have had free run of the universe and then you come up to someones sector that they defended real well and get bit. It's the risk of being an attacker. Sometimes ya win and sometimes ya lose.[/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:49 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

38 = 50 + floor((250- 300) * 0.25)

With a planet cloak of 300 and the ship sensors of 250 using the above resulting percentage modifier would result in attackers effective attack range being 38%-100% effective.

With the ship ECM at 250 and the planet sensors at 300 using the virtual negative of the above percentage modifier, the defenders would have an effective attack range of 13% to 63%.

But the part that has to do with the ships being damaged is the ship engine versus planet fighterbay mutiplier thats being factored in here...I guess . Ships are being destroyed more easily, thats for sure.

Anyway,
Max wrote:
I just nearly lost my voyager, had 555,125,622,144 credits worth of damage done to it

I definitely wouldnt of tested my voyager on this yet. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:17 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

TH, obviously you haven't had a real attacker playing the beta if they complain its too easy...

ask Big, he lost his maxed endy attempting an A&R, and said he isn't going to do any more A&R's, cause its too easy to become invincible...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

heh obviously your wrong. Ask AB, both he and I are in the beta. And yes you can get tagged even with a big ship but with high engines I never took 90% damage. The whole point is this, your attacking and running. You jump into a sector and get detected how fast can you run away. Unill the game progresses where I can see its a problem I doubt we will change anything.

Last time I whined to a buddy while playing a game his response was "Play Harder" ;)

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]