It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Max your not gonna win period. Taking a smaller players SD is a cheap tactic.... Deal with it.

Post subject: Ah.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:50 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Okay, I see now, and agree except for a couple of things.
Perhapes there needs to be a warning now for people that try to cloak under.
Or perhapes it would be better to code it as a failed attack and run losing all fighters and torps rather than hammering a guy for moving into the wrong space.
For a very long while, there is no way I have enough energy to create warp links. If I bounce into a sector that I can see I overwhelm in fighters and torps, I will try to cloak under rather than fight to see what is there. If I lose, it doesn't seem fair that if I could take them normaly, that I get blown out of the sky for my troubles. I can see not being allowed to exploit that tatic, as I have been a victim of it myself on the way up, but again, not sure how fair it is not to either warn them, or bounce them out with no damage. Well, maybe some, if they don't have the fighters and torps, but if I have enough, I expect to lose those first before taking damage. Maybe the sector doesn't lose anything, and that is fine.

Post subject: Re: Ah.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:36 am 
Gamer
Gamer

But there is two issue which got meaningless after this code change. First the opposite rating Evil vs Good thing about evil seems to have lost it's value. Second: Attacking with the all members in the team is also more or less pointsless or not very optimal.

- "To be no. 12345 is okay, but whining is Big" ;)

http://www.aatraders.com/index.php?player_id=71

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Big wrote:
But there is two issue which got meaningless after this code change. First the opposite rating Evil vs Good thing about evil seems to have lost it's value. Second: Attacking with the all members in the team is also more or less pointsless or not very optimal.

How so does the alignment issues change. If you are opposite alignment you can still take out the SD like if that player were not damaged. There is no difference there.

As Far as not being attack with all members of the team that hasnt gone away either, just the ability to bust a small bountied players SD.

If the team is attacking an equal leveled team nothing changes either. We just took the ability for larger players to exploit smaller players SD nothing more, nothing less. If you truly think about it, it balances things out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:06 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ash wrote:
Okay, I see now, and agree except for a couple of things.
Perhapes there needs to be a warning now for people that try to cloak under.
Or perhapes it would be better to code it as a failed attack and run losing all fighters and torps rather than hammering a guy for moving into the wrong space.
For a very long while, there is no way I have enough energy to create warp links. If I bounce into a sector that I can see I overwhelm in fighters and torps, I will try to cloak under rather than fight to see what is there. If I lose, it doesn't seem fair that if I could take them normaly, that I get blown out of the sky for my troubles. I can see not being allowed to exploit that tatic, as I have been a victim of it myself on the way up, but again, not sure how fair it is not to either warn them, or bounce them out with no damage. Well, maybe some, if they don't have the fighters and torps, but if I have enough, I expect to lose those first before taking damage. Maybe the sector doesn't lose anything, and that is fine.

A warning or bounce may be a better methodology. I'm torn on that issue.

A warning would be a nicer solution. Or maybe an extra link that is a bounty check link on the attack screen. The bounty check link maybe easier than having to do a bounty check everytime SD is warned about. That way if the player chooses to enter the sector without checking, its thier own problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:36 pm 

Question.
If a small payer puts just mines in radnom unoccupied sectors and someone larger moves into the sector and hits the mines, bounty?

Post subject: doubt it
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:47 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

I am going to guess that falls under the owned space rule.
Random sd won't do anything because a no one owns the space.
But that is something to consider.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:05 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

TH, just tell me what the point of joing a team is then, if you are starting out small as an attacker?

you can't A&R a person your size due to the lowered costs of planet upgrades, if they are smart, you can't do it.

you can't get sent funds to help attack, cause then you are too big to hit them w/o a bounty.

you can't have your teammates take out the SD for you.

you CAN, however, have a large player on another team bust you up w/o blinking.

you CAN have anyone on an opposing team work together to attack you, provided your top guy is in their range.

basically, you just jump around the universe looking for undefended planets, and try and not have another team hit you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
you can't A&R a person your size due to the lowered costs of planet upgrades, if they are smart, you can't do it.

you can't get sent funds to help attack, cause then you are too big to hit them w/o a bounty.

you can't have your teammates take out the SD for you.

you CAN, however, have a large player on another team bust you up w/o blinking.

you CAN have anyone on an opposing team work together to attack you, provided your top guy is in their range.

Max====> WHAH WHAH WHAH....

I can't be a bully WHAH WHAH WHAH.....

I have to attack players that are in my same level range. WHAH WHAH WHAH...

I don't know how to be creative with my team now...WHAH WHAH WHAH....

I'm not good enough to go against bigger players... WHAH WHAH WHAH

Give me a freakin break.....

You can still do all those things as long as you meet bounty requirements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:56 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry Folks, I had to delete a Max post due to him not controlling his language yet again... I appologize for his lack of civil behavior.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:51 am 
Gamer
Gamer

TH, there wasn't anything wrong with that post...I didn't use any "major" cursewords, only the ones you see all the time with a PG13 rating...the reason you deleted the post, was because I said that you have to be an idiot if you didn't understand my post, because it is 100% true. you say that you can do all of it, if you stay in the bounty range, but thats the whole damn POINT of my post! they are things that can't be DONE in the bounty range, thus, your post is pointless.

and I also commented on the fact that you have the *audacity* to say I can't play against bigger players! of the 2k+ players with a profile on this game, I could beat any one of them in a 1vs1 game, with the *possible* exception of 1-2 players. even then, I have dominated those players in the past, just needs a little bit of luck to continue to do so.

I am also one of the only people on this game who can join any server and be in the top5 w/o even breaking a sweat. I continually climb to the top of every server I play. I am one of the best attackers the game has ever seen, and I'm also one of the more solid builders in the game. so far this year, in six games, I have 74 kills, 9 deaths. of those 9 deaths, only three have been from someone else shooting me. once, the guy was like, 4-5x my size and got a huge bounty for it (I eventually went on to pod him twice and knock every one of his teammates out of the top spots, of which they'd held all five of the top spots when I started, and when the round ended, their best was 3rd place, and only cause I didn't have enough time to find every one of his holes.). second death was after sitting around for a week, logging in a few times a day, but doing absolutely nothing. on top of this, I had like 5-10 bounties, meaning every time I logged in, the fed would come hit me. FINALLY after a week, TH decides to hit my crippled ship. the THIRD time anyone has killed me THIS YEAR, was a few days ago. I hadn't logged into the server for a week, some guy finally broke through my SD, and got a kill. took 'em a week without me logging in to do so.

now, beside those deaths, I have six times where I died not at the hands of someone else. two deaths were caused by BUGS in the attack code. three other deaths were me trying to remember what the optimal techs for a nova ship were. the final death was just about an hour ago, accidently clicking "fight" instead of "attack and run".

now, lets look at my kills. 22 kills were on the person's attack ship, five of which while they were online engaged in a dogfight. 1 was me taking out someone's nova-bomb ship while they tried to trap me (sorry guys, its quite hard to do that...). 6 were on the person's cargo ship. 11 kills were on people higher in ranking than me, with 6 kills on the player who was hold #1 when I killed them. 18 kills were on players who were a bounty to me. 4 kills were on people whom TH had said were good players (better than me he implied)

somehow, I fail to see the part where I'm not able to play against someone larger or more skilled. maybe I can't play against people with more skill, because they haven't been born yet (or in the case of big jr, he hasn't managed to start playing yet) but I do very well against players larger than me. just ask anyone who played the last round of the kitty matrix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:24 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Max I said it before and I'll say it again... Keep the posts clean...period. Try expressing yourself without the need to swear. We have varrying users that read the forum, and if you can't maintain civility, your post will be deleted period.

As far as all the other chest thumping in the previous post...good for you! ;)

The best players don't have to tell everyone how good they are... maybe you can learn something from that.

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2