It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Beta Game Sector Defense Fighter Change
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:57 pm 
Developer
Developer

Tarnus and I spent some time today working out a new change for Sector Defense fighters that will match the new A&R and fighter code. This change isn't going into the main game yet. We will add it to the new beta that will be starting shortly. We will be tweaking the settings there.

We decided to tie the SD Fighters to the planet fighter tech completely. Since the planets control how well the SD Fighters can perform combat we decided the number of SD Fighters should be tied to the planet Fighter Bay tech levels.

Planets can now control 10 times the number of fighters per tech level compared to a ship with the same tech level.

A ship with a Fighter Bay tech level of 200 can carry 33,254 fighters.

A planet with a Fighter Bay tech level of 200 can support 332,540 SD fighters.

If you have a sector that can support 5 planets and all of them have Fighter Bay techs of 200 then the sector can support 1,662,700 SD fighters.

Players who farm out a large number of planets and then pack the sectors with millions of fighters can't do it anymore. If they want fighter support for their sectors they will have to upgrade at least their Fighter Bay tech.

Players can still fill their sectors with as many mines as they wish. :)

If the sector doesn't contain any of your own planets or team planets or is a zero planet sector you will not be able to deploy any SD fighters.

Also, any planets must be BASED before they can support SD fighters. If you attack and capture a planet with 200 FB tech it will not support any SD fighters until you base it.

Last edited by Panama Jack on Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:54 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Will they still use planet energy then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes... there still needs to be energy. You know us, no such thing as a free ride ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:29 am 
Gamer
Gamer

Looking at my current sectors in the main... Many of them have less than 10 times of the planets fighter bays and they are more or less undefeatable, since none (hopefully) lacks the sense to try.... many of my levels are above 320 whitch mean 4.2 mn or so (10x = 42mn) I don't think anyone will try a defense on 42mn when they gotta have levels on their ship round 360....

in other words I don't think the factor 10 makes any difference.

- "To be no. 12345 is okay, but whining is Big" ;)

http://www.aatraders.com/index.php?player_id=71

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thats why we need to test it in the beta first...that way we can make adjustments ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:25 pm 
Developer
Developer

Big wrote:
Looking at my current sectors in the main... Many of them have less than 10 times of the planets fighter bays and they are more or less undefeatable, since none (hopefully) lacks the sense to try.... many of my levels are above 320 whitch mean 4.2 mn or so (10x = 42mn) I don't think anyone will try a defense on 42mn when they gotta have levels on their ship round 360....

in other words I don't think the factor 10 makes any difference.

Actually, if the planet is all 320's and there are 43 million fighters a ship with 360's will only take 1-3% damage. Or basically NO tech level damage at all.

If the attacker is at level 340 then they will take between 4 and 10% damage and MAYBE get damaged on ONE tech level.

If the attacker is 330 then they will take between 13 and 18% damage and MAYBE 0-2 tech levels take some damage.

It is no where close to what you are making it out to be.

Now if a lower level ship attacks then things get nasty.

If a level 300 ship attacked 320 defenses then they will take between 60% and 100% damage on an A&R. Though if the 300 ship had 330 armor then the damage drops to 13%-24%. If the 300 ship bumped armor up to 360 then the damage is 3%-8% or no tech level damage. In an attack like this armor means far more than anything else.

Now if there were 5 planets with 320 tech levels and 215 million sector fighters then you will need at least a 360 ship to bust the SD because your damage levels will be between 7% and 18% and maybe take damage on 0-2 tech levels.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]