It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:35 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: SD Balance Issues Revisted.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Many have noticed the changes in how SD is working. From what I see here are the major issues that we are trying to resolve:

Number of fighters a sector can support based on FB Level and energy in a sector. Since A&R was fixed the amount of damage you take is proportional to how many fighters are in the sector coming after you.

The biggest fix would be to raise planet level prices. What this will do is make it harder to afford the levels that would keep a user out, but the problem with that is now the planets are easier to take and we spend less on building that planet.

Any suggestions are welcome, me and big have been discussing possibilities this afternoon since PJ is out of town.

I think we are getting close just welcome any suggestions, all building and hard attacking makes jack a dull boy ;)

Post subject: Re: SD Balance Issues Revisted.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:04 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Tarnus wrote:
Any suggestions are welcome, me and big have been discussing possibilities this afternoon since PJ is out of town.

not that we don't discuss it when PJ is around, but as many have noticed that the aciton is missing, hopefully this wouldn't turn into "missing in action"....

as TH writes a raise of the planet-upgrade prices, maybe combined with a tunning of the planet-support of the sector-defense, could make a move towards a better balance between attack and defense. BUT as a wise man once said -"Often U don't know the limit b4 U crossed it". So All I want is a new setup and let us see where this brings us.

- "To be no. 12345 is okay, but whining is Big" ;)

http://www.aatraders.com/index.php?player_id=71

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:36 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

panamajack - 05-27-06 00:34
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"We have changed the A&R percentage from 75% to 50%. The attackers will be just as affective as before but the defenders will be a little more
effective in attacking the ship."

This was before you guys added in the part where the amount of Fighters in the sector play a huge part. Now I'm confused but I'll guess that the modifier settings combined with the New combat code you all put in is combining to produce drastic results (overkill) for the attacker. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, thats why we are trying to limit fighters. Which I think will work, but like Big was saying we need to increase the costs of planets. But by doing that we make planets easier to take... I mentioned to big maybe we look into a defence platform that controls the SD levels. Thpice for its upgrades could be equated to ships costs, then we could leave the planet level costs alone... Like I said, just brain storming ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:55 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

whatever you guys are doing isnt working. When a player can cloak into a sector with one 225 level planet and 4 level 150 and he only hits 400 thousand and change fighters and no mines. There is something really wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kilroy wrote:
whatever you guys are doing isnt working. When a player can cloak into a sector with one 225 level planet and 4 level 150 and he only hits 400 thousand and change fighters and no mines. There is something really wrong.

I'm not sure what your king about here. Those planet tlevels are fairly low.

Are you saying he busted 400K sd in an outright attack or he usr A&R to knock the sector down?

Edit: Looks like ya did something write, he lost his ship to your SD ;) So it can't all be bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:28 am 
Gamer
Gamer

Tarnus wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

I'm not sure what your king about here. Those planet tlevels are fairly low.

Are you saying he busted 400K sd in an outright attack or he usr A&R to knock the sector down?

Edit: Looks like ya did something write, he lost his ship to your SD ;) So it can't all be bad.

And now he got a free ticket to sol. Ticket-price: His voyager => 1/3 of his points. So that shouldn't make it bad at all :P....or ???
Note to myself: -"Bad, bad , bad Big" :D

- "To be no. 12345 is okay, but whining is Big" ;)

http://www.aatraders.com/index.php?player_id=71

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]