It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 6 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:09 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

Quote:
Would be less blowing planets up as planets would be come more valuable as the rareity of gensis devices floating around.

If the goal is to have less planets using server usage then this might keep all players at least even to start with. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Neongreen wrote:
Huzzo.

You would also have to remove the whole requirement for Genesis Devices to destroy planets then. Or, if you want to make the game more chess styles, then you could leave that in - making it so you could give the opponent a bit of a... "present" :)

It could be called... Genesis Wars

No that just makes it interesting. You have a choice to build or destroy. Once your out of Gtorsp you gotta capture unowned or other players planets.

I like it as a game mod I dunno if I'd like it in a real game though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:38 pm 
Developer
Developer

Here is what Tarnus and I talked about while I was in the hospital.

Our thoughts are to give every player 5 Genesis Torps right at the start. When you created your new player your starting ship would come with 5 Genesis Torps.

Once you use those 5 torps you will not be able to get any more unless your population grows on your planets.

We would also REMOVE the ability to purchase Genesis Torps.

You could gain one Genesis Device for every 10 billion colonists you have in total on all of your planets combined. This would automatically be given to a player by the Federation.

We would also add a new device to Alliance Device Ports called a Planet Buster. It would do the SAME job as the Genesis Torp when you select Destroy Planet on a planet you owned. The Genesis Torp would no longer be able to destroy planets, only create new ones.

You could also gain new Genesis Torps from Debris. If a ships with Genesis Torps is destroyed then those torps could go into debris. Plus there would be a possibility you might be able to capture a Genesis Torp as salvage from the ship you just destroyed. Actually, we are thinking about making it so ANYTHING on the destroyed ship could be captured as salvage by the player who destroyed the ship.

With this kind of change in the game players would have to try and horde their Genesis Torps for when they really need them (like creating SG sectors). Finding unowned and indy planets would take on a whole new attraction and meaning. Additionally players would be trying to upgrade their planets so they can have enough colonists to get more Genesis Torps. There also be more ship to ship attacks as players try to gain items through salvage.

This would definitely be a major gameplay change and balance things out so players would need to be both attackers and builders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:14 pm 

Sounds interesting, so every 10Bs of colos u would get extra GT, I have 3+Ts of colos now, so that about 300GTs 300 extra planets on these 300 thats 600 and so on, taht way u would slow the game down but stil lots of planets is an option in later game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:10 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

And If one gets pwned early, I guess they'll be picking up debris, even more. :zzz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It will definately give planets huge value. Even unowned planets thats for sure :) I look forward to giving it a test drive ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:43 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Ah I was just fallin asleep but you woke me up in time to try it out. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:08 am 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

One change that I would like to see thought about when these other changes take place is making independent planets growth/credits balanced with the players.

I have secured a sector that has three indy planets in it and I eye them daily but to secure a loan or pull my other planet credits enough to be able to attack them just isn't worth the effort yet since they have hardly any credits as a booty. Independents should be worth the effort to attack them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

PhirePhly wrote:
One change that I would like to see thought about when these other changes take place is making independent planets growth/credits balanced with the players.

I have secured a sector that has three indy planets in it and I eye them daily but to secure a loan or pull my other planet credits enough to be able to attack them just isn't worth the effort yet since they have hardly any credits as a booty. Independents should be worth the effort to attack them.

They actually are. What your seeing is Indy planets are upgrading thier own levels when they get enough credits to do so. Now we have discussed the posibility that they only take 90% of the credits and put it toward upgrading, that way they keep the majority of thier credits on the planet... I think we had this posted somewhere, and I think PJ has it on a note somewhere....

PJ Add the above to your notes if you have forgotten ;)

Page 6 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6