It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:37 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sectordefense code vs Change log
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:58 am 
Gamer
Gamer

My last appearence in the main-game gives me a hint about something is wrong in the Code or in the documentation.
I had spent about half of my net-worth on sectordefense-levels and since I had about twice the amount of points than any (which in a fast calculation that my networth must have been 3-4 times any other player). That brings me to the conclusion that none should be able to take the defense down with ease like it happend according to the log.
I haven't got the knowlegde to point anywhere and say there is wrong right there, but my calculator displays "Error", (PJ might point at the calculator).

In danish I would express it like tihs - "PJ, det er en OM'er"

- "To be no. 12345 is okay, but whining is Big" ;)

http://www.aatraders.com/index.php?player_id=71

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:52 pm 
Developer
Developer

Net worth doesn't have anything to do with how well your defenses work. What matters is the SD tech levels compared to the attacker ship tech levels along with the amount of armor the ship has and the number of fighters on sector defense.

I am going to add Admin Logging to the A&R so we can track exactly what is happening on A&R runs. Then we can run the data through our A&R calculator to get approximations on the combat. Then we can make some similar comparisons. The information we have given out is just enough to get a general idea but not enough to know exactly what is happening. When you A&R quite a bit you get a feel for what can work. Just remember the A&R code produces highly random results.

And before anyone goes on a paranoid rant about possible cheating let me put it to rest. I added code to the Alliance and Federation scheduler that would scan a planet, if one was in the sector, 25% of the time.

Does the code actually scan the planet?

No.

All it does is make a log entry in the players log. Nothing else happens. No information is saved. No information is sent to anyone. Nothing at all happens.

Here is the code for the Feds...

if(mt_rand(1, 10000) < 2500)
   {
      $get_planet = $db->SelectLimit("SELECT owner, name FROM {$db_prefix}planets WHERE sector_id = $sector_id ORDER BY rand()", 1);
      db_op_result($get_planet,__LINE__,__FILE__);
      if($get_planet->RecordCount() == 1)
      {
         $planetname = $get_planet->fields['name'];
         TextFlush ( "<br>Federation Ship Scanning Planet " . $planetname . " in sector $sector_id.<BR>");
         playerlog($get_planet->fields['owner'], "LOG6_PLANET_SCAN", $planetname . "|$sector_id|Federation");
      }
   }

The alliance is exactly the same except the log says Alliance Leader instead of Federation.

Now why did I add this?

I needed to check something in the game with ship scanning. So I logged in as the feds and scanned a planet where the fed ship was located. That planet just happened to be owned by Spiff(Big). Apparently something bad happened to Spiff(Big) shortly after and it was caused by Tarnus. I guess Spiff(Big) thought there was some collusion going on. It irritated me that after all this time he could think something like that might be going on. So I added code where the Alliance and Feds would randomly scan planets.

I may be the one primarily writing the code for the game and Tarnus is the one doing most of the real game play testing of the code but I have NEVER given him any information about ANY player in ANY game. And I am insulted that anyone would ever think that.

And Big about the ONLY way you could possibly make SD virtually A&R proof is to set your SD tech levels 450 and higher. Even then they can be taken out but over a very, very long time and with quite a bit of damage to an Excelsior.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:54 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Panama Jack wrote:
And before anyone goes on a paranoid rant about possible cheating let me put it to rest. I added code to the Alliance and Federation scheduler that would scan a planet, if one was in the sector, 25% of the time.

Does the code actually scan the planet?

No.

All it does is make a log entry in the players log. Nothing else happens. No information is saved. No information is sent to anyone. Nothing at all happens.

Here is the code for the Feds...

The alliance is exactly the same except the log says Alliance Leader instead of Federation.

Now why did I add this?

I needed to check something in the game with ship scanning. So I logged in as the feds and scanned a planet where the fed ship was located. That planet just happened to be owned by Spiff(Big). Apparently something bad happened to Spiff(Big) shortly after and it was caused by Tarnus. I guess Spiff(Big) thought there was some collusion going on. It irritated me that after all this time he could think something like that might be going on. So I added code where the Alliance and Feds would randomly scan planets.

I may be the one primarily writing the code for the game and Tarnus is the one doing most of the real game play testing of the code but I have NEVER given him any information about ANY player in ANY game. And I am insulted that anyone would ever think that.

I believe you, but next time please inform the players, so we avoids a collision of actions, which could give aware/paranoid players any suspecious ideas. Basically I believes that trying new stuff belongs to a beta-game.

And when U are online in the same amount of time as I has been untill now you see the M.A. and cheating behavior. and I do collect many kinds of info,, like use of turns playing pattern etc., so I usually don't make a statement without having a reason to it. F.ex. it could be a player using 24K turns in 4-5 days, which only can be possible with a lot of turns giving debrises. Or taking advantage of a exploit like one one AK found.

You call me paranoid, I call it awareness in favour for the game.

if any should be in doubt about that,Towards TH I have the deepest respect (in and outside a AAT-game). At times too much when I tells him many detail of my stuff in the game even that we are opponents. it is sad though when a tweak tries to put that "out of balance".

- "To be no. 12345 is okay, but whining is Big" ;)

http://www.aatraders.com/index.php?player_id=71

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]