It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:37 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Autotrades Enabled
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:57 am 
Developer
Developer

We have enabled Autotrades in the game. The code is basically the exact same code from 0.21 but modified to support variable max tech levels.

You still cannot use autotrades inside SG Sectors. The auto trades will only work on planets in normal space. This is how Autotrades worked in 0.21. You can still buy a Cargo Ship for a planet in an SG Sector but you will not be able to use it.

We decided to get auto trades running in preparation for a release. We don't want anything disabled.

We are getting close. There are only a couple of major things that need to be taken care of before we release the game to the public.

If you notice anything odd please let us know.

Post subject: whatchamacallit?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:26 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

Sorry PJ, you would think as long as I have played this awesome game I would know the correct terms for things but......well.....dang! I can't even blame it on being blonde *sigh*

anyway. How does the autotrade set up work? Maybe what I am thinking is an autotrade and what you are calling it is different. What I am thinking of is like in the old .21 game where there was a planetary cargo ship that you could purchase and set to selling your production while you were offline. Is this the sort of 'autotrade' you speak of? If so, I do not think I understand how to set it up. Purchasing a cargo ship for the planet in question would be necessary I realize LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:50 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

i have not checked out the new game but what i know form the old one is that auto trade is the thing one the left side u set up between 2 pors or a port and a planet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:27 pm 
Developer
Developer

tombomb318 wrote:
i have not checked out the new game but what i know form the old one is that auto trade is the thing one the left side u set up between 2 pors or a port and a planet

No that's a traderoute. :)

And autotrade is where you buy a cargo ship for a planet and then you enter the sector name for a port for each of the items you want to trade from your planet. Then once every 30 minutes the planet will trade those items and bring back CREDITS.

It's totally automatic and runs even when you are offline. You can call up the autotrade list and it will display every cargoship, the hull and energy tech and how much money was gained and what was traded the last time a trade happened.

You can check your logs for more information about the autotrades. If someone blockades the port by dropping in fighters or mines this will be reported in your logs because you cannot trade at a port with enemy fighters or mines in the sector.

It's a way of gaining money without doing anything. We were wanting to have programmable autotrades with real cargoships roaming around for people to destroy but that will have to wait until after we make this release (coming real soon now).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:09 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

lol ya i know what u are talking about

can't w8 for 3.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:08 am 
Developer
Developer

What template are you using?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:14 pm 
Developer
Developer

Ok, it should be showing now. For some reason it was turned off again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

And your not seeing the image links below on your planet?

Attachments:
screen.jpg
screen.jpg [ 31.92 KiB | Viewed 7834 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Its the Menu Dropdown Template. I'll have to run some autotrade tests as well to see if I can pindown some of the issues and relay them to pj.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]