It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: New elements
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:52 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

I've returned from a lengthy break to ask, will there be any new elements coming into this game? Many people agree with me that although balancing is important, new elements should be added to maintain interest. For example, different ways of defending your planets, more ships so that we don't know what ship we can expect opposing players to fly in, more interaction with planets i.e. governments or new commodities. Also, different kinds of ports, it shouldn't cost you just money to produce a ship, you should also need to have electronics, metal, ore, fiber optics, battleweapons (all examples of possible new commodities) to build a ship.

That is not to say that nothing has been done, you've totally revamped probes, ships, and planets with new elements, but more is needed. Balance is important but so is having fun. There has to be ways to keep players coming back, we've all seen the last of effort put into playing weeks before a reset.

Post subject: Re: New elements
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:43 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Last I heard, research and build were on the to-do list. That'll be a pretty big addition.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:07 pm 
Developer
Developer

Well, things have been on the back burner for the past couple of months. Tarnus has been busy with his business and I have had my house remodeling taking my mind off things.

Once I get finished and finally moved in then things can get back on track. We are adding support for multibyte languages. This will allow other languages like Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, ect to be supported by the game.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, while we would love to be able to spend every waking moment adding cool stuff to the game, real life has a tendency to bite ya in the butt. I hope to see many things in the game as well but PJ and I are only human and have to devote time where we can... some additions take more time than others. Sometimes even a small addition equals many many hours of coding time. So please be patient as we don't get paid to build the game we do it for our own entertainment value. Now were this a primary source of income, you would probably see new things all the time.

Another thing is the struggle as you add new things someone needs to show new players how to use those items. If things get too complex we will get less and less players to play. Once the new probes come into play it will be interesting what will happen. I want to see less suicides and more players. This round has presented many challenges for players. You should have played as its been a tough game for all. No one is unfindable or untouchable. People have had to be very creative. I lost many an sg as did just about everyone in the game.

One thing that might help is if more people jumped in and got creative with code. Start your own game and experiment with the code and see if you can add in the features you are wanting to. Thats why its open source is so others can add to the ideas and make things happen, I'd welcome additional modules by different people. I have seen a couple games where the admins have been very creative and added their own code, I'd love to see them contribute to the main source so we could include some of those features in the main game.

Just my two cents, Sparz.... Man I have missed you trying to pod me.... I feel so left out ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:20 am 
Gamer
Gamer

I've been busy podding/killing other people.

http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/default.aspx?player=Malhiem

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:44 am 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

If you hold off the reset for at least two months I'll be on your tail, Tarnus. And nice, Spar7an. Five more highest skill to general. My friend's xbox live name is Scythemaw, and I play at his house all the time. If you that name, it's either him or me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:59 pm 
Developer
Developer

Quake Wars is more fun for killing people. ;)

http://stats.enemyterritory.com/profile/Panama_Jack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Valience wrote:
If you hold off the reset for at least two months I'll be on your tail, Tarnus. And nice, Spar7an. Five more highest skill to general. My friend's xbox live name is Scythemaw, and I play at his house all the time. If you that name, it's either him or me.

LOL, I doubt it, someone will pod ya before I have a chance to. I've been workin hard at stagnating my score but cant seem to do it :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:12 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Lol, not so. I'll have a 300T ship at least, and I'll be able to replace it in 10 days if need be. I'm at 1/3 of my desired production now, having started from litterally nothing, and the more I have the faster I can make more. I was solid in the 30M score range last round, and I'll be even more so this.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well bring it on up. I need someone to shoot at :) Wait if you have 300 tril you have enough for the hired guns ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:07 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

I don't usually hire the little guys unless I need info, though I probably will for your SGs. I will need some time, though. 1 week should have me at 20T per day, and I'll judge then how long 'till 30T.

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]