It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mine Fields
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:49 am 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

Wow reset I didn't expected to reset so soon :) ...well I haven't really been really playing the last couple months due to work taking most of my time (10 am til 7 pm...sometimes till 9 pm,..yikes that's computer industry for ya, then I have that an Hour commute each way).

Anywayz the question: Well I had this Voy Hull since the first week I played. The Hull was 201....with damage it was in the 70 level. I never had a prblem with mines, I usually fly over them and never hit a single one. But then on the last 24 hours....was in the process of reclaming my indy planets I manage to constanly hitting the Indy's Minefields. Questions is ...was that a bug or a sudden change of rules?

Post subject: Re: Mine Fields
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

fakecajun wrote:
Wow reset I didn't expected to reset so soon :) ...well I haven't really been really playing the last couple months due to work taking most of my time (10 am til 7 pm...sometimes till 9 pm,..yikes that's computer industry for ya, then I have that an Hour commute each way).

Anywayz the question: Well I had this Voy Hull since the first week I played. The Hull was 201....with damage it was in the 70 level. I never had a prblem with mines, I usually fly over them and never hit a single one. But then on the last 24 hours....was in the process of reclaming my indy planets I manage to constanly hitting the Indy's Minefields. Questions is ...was that a bug or a sudden change of rules?

Well it was technically a bug that let you float mines in a damaged hull. Ships with HUGE hulls damaged or not should never been allowed to float mines. The code was modified to use your normal hull size and not your damaged hull. What the plan is is when the new mine code is done, is to use the ship base hull plus the normal hull size to determine how many mines it might attract. For reality purposes about the only ship that should freely float mines should be a stealth :)

Man, it has been a while since ya played, I think that fix has been done for at least a month :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:46 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

You can thank me ;)

I think pios should float mines too. And I think you should use the base hull plus operational (aka damaged) hull level. That way, voyagers still won't be able to float 'em even with damaged hulls since you're using the base hull. It really wouldn't make much difference for the game, especially since hull is about to become important for attacking, but I think it'd make more sense.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:21 am 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

darn....well that was a sweet trick while it lasted :lol: . Now the only hope is to get downgraded LVL by getting Debris...to get some sweet @$$ Rides to cruise over them Mines. :cool:

Tarnus wrote:
Man, it has been a while since ya played, I think that fix has been done for at least a month :)

You mean since the last time I actually moved from One Sector? :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

fakecajun wrote:
darn....well that was a sweet trick while it lasted :lol: . Now the only hope is to get downgraded LVL by getting Debris...to get some sweet @$$ Rides to cruise over them Mines. :cool:

Tarnus wrote:

You mean since the last time I actually moved from One Sector? :D

Heh still won't help you in the future. When the base hull is enabled. Only way to fly over mines will be a small pioneer and a stealth ;) (As it should be)

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]