It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:21 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Enchanced Genesis Torpedo
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:03 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Research Item:

Enhanced Genesis Torpedo - Level 1
Creates a level 1 based planet.

Enhanced Genesis Torpedo - Level 2
Creates a level 100 based planet.

Enhanced Genesis Torpedo - Level 3
Creates a level 200 based planet.

Post subject: Re: Enchanced Genesis Torpedo
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:06 am 
Gamer
Gamer

Wouldn't you need to capture the planet though, thus making this more difficult?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:36 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

With the Enchanced Genesis Torps planet ownership will be assigned to the launcher.
So no need to capture after creation.

But, if you wanted to make one for your teammate he/she would have to capture it.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:50 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Kwae Zar wrote:
With the Enchanced Genesis Torps planet ownership will be assigned to the launcher.
So no need to capture after creation.

But, if you wanted to make one for your teammate he/she would have to capture it.

That'd be nice to have... but to add on, it'd be cool to have SG Torps with increased or guaranteed chances of getting a port or number of planets...

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:06 pm 
Developer
Developer

SPAR7AN wrote:
That'd be nice to have... but to add on, it'd be cool to have SG Torps with increased or guaranteed chances of getting a port or number of planets...

SG torps will nolonger automagically create a port in the next version. The sector will be compeltely empty of everything. You will be able to build your own ports in the next version. :) You will have to use commodities like ore, energy, etc... to build a port. And they will not be instant builds but they will build over time. How fast they build will be based upon how much of the commodities you dump on the building port. Different port typ0es will have different commodity requirements.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:12 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Panama Jack wrote:
SPAR7AN wrote:

SG torps will nolonger automagically create a port in the next version. The sector will be compeltely empty of everything. You will be able to build your own ports in the next version. :) You will have to use commodities like ore, energy, etc... to build a port. And they will not be instant builds but they will build over time. How fast they build will be based upon how much of the commodities you dump on the building port. Different port typ0es will have different commodity requirements.

That sounds like it makes SG Building all the more difficult. First you need to get commodities, and then you need to wait for the colos to actually get to a sufficient level...

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:10 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Panama Jack wrote:
SPAR7AN wrote:

In Tradewars you could destroy ports and they woud fight back as you tried and it was an evil action like dumping colonist into deep space......

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:11 pm 
Developer
Developer

SPAR7AN wrote:
Panama Jack wrote:
SPAR7AN wrote:

That sounds like it makes SG Building all the more difficult. First you need to get commodities, and then you need to wait for the colos to actually get to a sufficient level...

It may sound like it's more difficult but it isn't. Compare that to how some people will create a dozen or more SG sectors just to try and get ONE port they like.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:22 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Panama Jack wrote:
SG torps will nolonger automagically create a port in the next version. The sector will be compeltely empty of everything. You will be able to build your own ports in the next version. :)

This is an AMAZING improvement. Will the amount of planets that can occupy a sector still be random or will that be something we can improve with energy, resources and time as well?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:38 am 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Yeah, that does sound very cool. But, it shouldn't take more than a day to build a normal colonists' port. If it did, building would so much harder and less profitable, though the idea makes sense. If you just created a solar system, why would their be anything in it? That raises a new question: will there be a star? That doesn't make sense either, but perhaps it can be explained away as the energy that is required in SG torps. Either way, I think something more should be done with that. Back on topic: That imporoved genesis thing is very good sounding to me. It would make attacking much easier too! Hey, look, I found a guy I don't like floatin in a sector with room for one planet, but there aren't any! Too bad he's out of my bounty range! I think I'll deploy this genesis torpedo, basing my planet for me. Oh, look, this is my space now! *BAM* And the little dude is dead. Sounds fun to me!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:13 pm 

Hooray for building ports. I think it should be a difficult thing to build a port (though I think you should be able to start the process with very little of the total commodities required). Sure, it will be less cost-efficient if it takes a while and lots of stuff, but it is, after all, a port, of the type you choose, right where you want it.
There has to be some balance.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:01 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

I don't know... If it takes too long then SGs will take too long to become profitable. There is nothing wrong with speeding up the game just a tad. Of course, it'd depend on the hull size of the ship and the amount of supplies you could carry to it to start construction.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:30 pm 

Yeah. If you're using a SuperCargo, you can build your port quickly, but if you're using a Pioneer or something else with lower hull size, it would take a long time.

I think taking a while to become profitable is a good thing, a nice trade-off for the safety of your pocket universe. I'm just mindful of the fact that you're putting a specific port in a specific place and getting it right on the first try. There's no randomness, so it ought to be a bit harder.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:51 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Ehh, I don't like it when stuff is too hard. I think that it should depend on hull size and that that'd be good, but if you can't get it in one day with say 280 hulls, then its taking too long. With higher stuff like 300, just an hour would be nice. I understand about the trade off for security, but it isn't one hundred percent secure and never will be. Also, I still think slowing down the game will only make it too boring. I like the pace of things now, but just slightly faster would be nice. I can't be out of control like it is in some of the other non main games, but I don't like it too slow either.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:59 pm 

Well, I think you should probably be able to haul in supplies from 4 turns away to build the port in, say, 1200 turns. I mean, this is a big port we're talking about, so it should take a little while. Also, I don't imagine we want ports to be so big that a pioneer would take a week to haul in the materials to build it.

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next