It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:18 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Planet Destruction Rating Change
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:27 pm 
Developer
Developer

When you destroy one of your own planets your Good/Evil rating would change based upon the level of the planet. The more mature the planet the bigger the rating change. It would also change your rating based upon your current rating. If you were good or leaning good destroying one of your own planets would move you back toward evil. The reverse was true of an evil player or a player leaning evil. Destroying one of their planets would cause them to move toward good.

This was an exploit and not quite realistic.

So we have made a change to the main game to reflect a little more realistic approach.

When you capture a planet you will have to PERSUADE the colonists to your morals. It can take upto 2 days after the planet has been based and not starving for this to happen. During that time if you destroy the planet your rating change will be based upon the ORIGINAL owners rating at the time you captured the planet. If you are good, capture an evil players planet and then destroy it your rating change will move you MORE GOOD instead of toward evil. If you wait two days before you destroy the planet then you will move toward evil if you are good.

If you create a new planet using the Genesis Device and then immediately destroy the planet there will be ZERO change to your rating. It can take up to 4 days after a newly created planet is based and not starving for this ZERO change to go away. This is to prevent people from scamming the changes by creating and destroying planets.

So if you want to make quick changes to your rating to move back toward neutral you will have to attack and destroy planets owned by players who are leaning toward your good or evil rating.

Post subject: Re: Planet Destruction Rating Change
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:30 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Does the new planet (genisis type) have to have colonists or just based? That is do you check that someone has actually put resources towards it or just built a bunch to destroy in 4 days?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:55 am 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Here is a perfect example of one of those changes by you, PJ, that I support. This makes it more difficult, or at least expensive, to manipulate one's rating. My props for that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:51 am 
Developer
Developer

Ash wrote:
Does the new planet (genisis type) have to have colonists or just based? That is do you check that someone has actually put resources towards it or just built a bunch to destroy in 4 days?

Good point.

Right now the planet just has to be based and not starving for the counter to start counting down. Might have to add a check to see if the planet it producing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:56 am 
Trial
Trial

does the change from evil to good decrease any of the bounty on me ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:58 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maged Ahmad wrote:
does the change from evil to good decrease any of the bounty on me ?

No it doesn't, a bounty is a bounty, the higher your score the higher the bounty.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]