It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Players now have a Home Planet...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:21 pm 
Developer
Developer

We have just added a new option for everyone in the Main Game.

You can now set a Home Planet in the Options Screen. You will be given a list of all the planets you currently own along with the sector they are located. You can select any planet to be your Home Planet or you can select None.

This is a very, VERY important setting that should not be ignored. Your Home Planet is where you will re-spawn in a Pioneer if you get killed with an escape pod. If you don't have a Home Planet designated you will re-spawn in Sol sector. You will re-spawn on the planet so the planet can protect you from an enemy coming into the sector. The drawback to using a Home Planet is you can be more easily killed. If you re-spawn in Sol you are 100% protected from attack. If you re-spawn on your home Planet there is a chance someone will find your planet, capture it and destroy you as you float in space without an escape pod.

You will no longer be required to try and find a way back to your planets to change ships. You will immediately re-spawn where you can either buy a new ship or change into a stored ship.

If your Home Planet is taken then your Home Planet sector will become Sol and you will re-spawn there until you select a new Home Planet.

Your Home Planet will always be displayed on the Main Screen under your score. If you have set a Home Planet and it suddenly changes to None then that means your Home Planet has been taken by another player.

Good Luck!

Post subject: Re: Players now have a Home Planet...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:25 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Cool! Good change! I like it a lot, especially since the player retains the option to keep their respawn in sol if they want.

Edit: a bug

I just changed my home planet to one of my planets, and this is the message I get.

"Password was left unchanged.

Shipname changed to Semper In Angaria.

Home Planet: None

Language has been set to English .
Template has been set to Alien Assault Traders Menu Dropdown.

Local and Galaxy Map Width: 50"

So either it's just saying none even though it did change, or it really didn't change. That depends on the coding I guess.

And this was at the top of the page.

I guess that shouldn't be there.

Another edit:

Since it looks like you made the change at the same time, I'll ask about that as well. Why is our score rounded on the main page? That's a little odd, to me. Scores aren't obscenely long like the amount of credits on a ship might be, and I like to see how my score changes over a five minute period by refreshing after looking at my loan. I know it's just one more click to the rankings page, but it there doesn't seem to be any reason to make the game round it.

Not too much of a complaint really, but I am curious as to why you did it.

Post subject: Re: Players now have a Home Planet...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:16 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

I like the change. Thank you PJ.

...you're welcome.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]