It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Suggestions from the Main Game!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:17 am 

Okay, I've pulled a couple of ideas off the Main Game shoutbox. I've also added a few that I ave thought about previously, heard elsewhere, or just thought of when I was writing this all out.

I. The first suggestion is my own, I am fairly certain I can't be the only one who has ever thought of it though (A series of suggestions, actually, working with the Sector Notes section.)

1. There should be a date/timestamp on all sector notes that shows when it was created or modified. This would allow players to better manage their sector notes, and would let them know which ones they might need to check on to update, if they get a little older.

2. There should be more items that are searchable in sector notes, above just the Owner field. You should be able to search by port, date created, perhaps SD levels (Maybe SD under the entered amount, since it would be difficult to know exact SD numbers you are looking for, but knowing what you can handle right now is easier, so if I want to find sectors under 1m SD, I would like to be able to search for that.) Also, I find it would be easier if you had a way to search for a string within the Owner field, even if it didn't start exactly the same. For instance, I am searching the galaxy, and I find a sector that is a warzone, and has Player A planets, and Player B planets. What I would like to do, is make a note that says Player A/Player B as the owners. What I HAVE to do, is make a sector note for each player. I have to do this, because if I say Player A/Player B in my sector note, and then later I want to find all the sectors owned by Player B, I type that into the find option, and it would NOT return the note with Player A/Player B, because the Player B does not start the field. Being able to search for a partial string, in the middle of the field or at the end, would be a helpful addition (Ofcourse, that is not the end of the world if we do not get that, though.)

3. I also find it would be useful if "Team" and "Personal" sector notes were seperated on the sector notes page. The reason for this, is that I have a lot of personal sector notes that I use regularly, but I have to wade through all of the team notes we have (Notes posted by myself, and currently three other people.) There are a lot of team notes, and when I am just wanting to browse personal notes I've made about a sector, I would like them to be in one place, seperated from all the team notes.

4. The ability to view the contents of the "Detail" field, without having to cick on the View button. Also, the link should say Edit instead of View, I believe. More about seeing the Detail field though, it would be great to have it listed there just as a seperate field, but I would actually like to see it, in a perfect world, done with that crazy Ajax fly-over stuff, so you mouse-over a particular note, and it shows the Detail field. That would be such a great addition to the Sector Notes, it would not even be funny.

II. The next series of suggestions were suggested by another player, but were not posted in the forums either. They are meant to help improve the Change Production menu.

1. Allow a player to create a default template that would set general production levels automatically. No more having 10% Fighters, 10% Torpedoes, 20% Energy, 20% Ore, 20% Goods, and 20% Organics. This is actually a major hassle when you are creating large numbers of planets. Allowing a player to set a template that automatically sets his prefered numbers, such as all new planets start at 5% Fighters, 2% Torpedoes, 20% Energy, 1% Ore, 5% Goods, and 15% Organics (With the other 46% going into credit production) would make life easier on the players, and less of a hassle for newer players. That is the basic idea. I would like to see it taken astep further, and have a player able to setup multiple templates, that he can choose when he BASES the planet (Not when it is created). When he goes to click the Base option, he is presented with a list of his templates, such as "Defense Planet", "Energy Planet", "Real Space Planet", "Cash Planet". Each of the templates would be named by the player, but for instance, the Defense Planet template could be a planet geared for defense, with high torps, fighters, and energy. The Energy Planet, would basically just be pure energy production, save for the requirements of organics, etc. Real Space Planet would be a well rounded planet that has some defense settings and some cash production. Cash Planet would basically just be the requirements for maintaining the planet with organics and such, and not have energy or military production.

Barring any better way to do this, atleast there could be a checkbox titled All, that would copy the field to all planets on that page. Much like the check box that allows you to check a page ful of junk e-mail, for faster deletion.

2. I understand this change, but I'm not sure I can explain it very well. Basically, on the Change Production menu, you can set the organics, goods, ore, energy, etc production of planets remotely, and more importantly, up to 25 at a time. What would make this page more useful, would be if the planet's personal production level (The original poster said "innate", which might be a better way to describe it.) were to be shown next to the fields to enter the production levels. That way, you could go to the Change Production menu, set all your planets for somethnig, and then you see that you have a planet with 65% organics personal production level. You would obviously not want to set that to 15% or 12% organics production, but you wouldn't know that unless you actually visit the planet and find out. And then you have the chance of accidently changing it again through the Change Production menu "Oh drat, I thought that since it was at 20% production, it hadn't been changed at all, so I changed it to 15%, now planet is starving, because I didn't remember that one planet had 65% personal production level!".

This has been a hassle for builders since the first time the personal production levels were introduced, but the change would make it that much easier.

3. This idea isn't from the original poster of the Change Production menu, but I thought it would be a useful addition. If there was some way to manage upgrades remotely, that would save people a lot of headache, and make life easier. Allowing them to do things like manage tech levels, and maybe even base a planet once the planet had made enough resources, without actually having to go back to the planet and do it all manually, would be very nice. Especially if you could manage tech levels of multiple planets at once.

III. The next idea is something I saw/read/heard somewhere, but figured since I was making a wishlist, I would include it. It pertains to creating and basing planets.

1. Change Genesis Torpedoes to work more like Nova Bombs. What I mean by that, Nova Bombs have levels of effectiveness you can buy (I have never tried anything higher than the first level, because they are so darn expensive though!) Basically, allow players to buy different level Genesis Torpedoes. The first level ones act the same as now. They cost 500k credits, and just create a shell. You have to transport all the commodities onto the planet before you can base it, with a total cost being close to 11-13m credits. For say, 25m, you could buy a second level torpedo, which would create a BASED planet when used. It would cost around 25m, and 10 turns to use. A level 3 torpedo would cost something like 2.5x the cost of upgrading a planet to level 100, and take 15 turns, it would create a based planet with level 100 techs (Minus SD techs). Level 4 would be the same thing, costing 2.5x the cost of the upgrades and such, but would create a level 200 based planet, taking 25 turns. The final level, 5, would create a 300 overall planet, take 50 turns, and cost basically 2.5x the cost of the upgrades. A note, this would ONLY be tech levels, and would not drop any colonists on the planets.

IV. This next idea is just a thought to help new players out, I'm not sure if it is neccessary, but I think it would help.

1. When a new player joins the game, the select their template for viewing the game (Personally, I think the dropdown template should be default, as it is the easiest to get used to, and most of the experienced players use it, so trying to tell a newbie how to do something when they are using the default template and you are using the dropdown, well, it can get a little confusing.) After they go to Sol, they should get a new message, automated, from the Federation/Webmaster/Whatever. With the whole pop-up that you normally get with a new message and everything. This message should basically tell them in a paragraph or two the FIRST and FOREMOST things they should do. This should also include a link to the wiki site, and to the forums. It should also tell them to read the information in the information place in Sol.

2. There should be a link to a guide and the wiki page on the main AAT server page. If a potential player finds the site, they should be able to find where to read the help and guide stuff, before creating an account.

3. Update the FAQ (http: //aatrade.springfield.net/faq .php) (Can't get the URL tag to work for some reason, so there are spaces in the URL and it is not clickable.) I know the updated information is in the wiki, but the setup of the FAQ is setup as a guide, rather than just a knowledge base. There needs to be a definitive guide, atleast a newbie guide, and then players can expand to the knowledge base.

V. Another site-help idea, not exactly pertaining to newbies, but overall.

1. There should be a link that is easy to spot while a player is playing the game that allows them to post bug reports. They should not have to sign up for any extra site or forums or anything. All pertinent information should be able to be collected automatically, atleast in terms of the server, the player name, and perhaps language/template information. This information should be able to be filled out automatically, and the user just describes the problem and what he was doing when it happened.

VI. This suggestion will pertain to teams, and especially ones with members who are suddenly absent, or go on vacation and such.

1. Have an option that allows you to allow team consolidation. By checking that option, it allows team members to consolidate planets for you, up to a certain percentage of the planets maximum credits (Say, you cannot consolidate more than 10-25%. So a newbie team member (Or a team member trying to cause problems) cannot drop the planet down to 0 or something.). The consolidated credits do not go to the player who is consolidating, they go to the owner of the planets, but in this way, a player who is on vacation can have his planets taken care of somewhat while he is gone.

2. Add a team bank feature. The team bank would work like the IGB (With higher limits) But would not be able to hold more than 50% of what the top player would be able to transfer from a team planet. IE, if the top player could take 1T from a team planet due to his net worth, the team account would be limited to 500b. The coordinator for the team has the ability to transfer any or all of the team funds to a teammate, even if the amount would be more than he could pull from a planet due to his net worth. Funds could only be transfered to a player once per day, like using the IGB to due a ship transfer. There could be some limit as to how often a player can put money into the account also. Basically, the way the team cash works, it is nearly completely worthless. When I was smaller, able to take a 400b loan, and my teammate was just about the same size, I could only pull the ridiculous amount of 14b off her planet. 14b, and my networth was enough that I could take a 400b loan. At that rate, if I end up getting hit and losing a bunch of stuff, being on a team is worthless, because they can't even help me. I'd be better off self-destructing and starting over for the amount of help I could get.

I believe that is a comprehensive list of what I've had, other than the issues of making trading profitable and helping newer players stay safer.

Post subject: Re: Suggestions from the Main Game!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:29 am 

Gremlin wrote:
Okay, I've pulled a couple of ideas off the Main Game shoutbox. I've also added a few that I ave thought about previously, heard elsewhere, or just thought of when I was writing this all out.

I. The first suggestion is my own, I am fairly certain I can't be the only one who has ever thought of it though (A series of suggestions, actually, working with the Sector Notes section.)

1. There should be a date/timestamp on all sector notes that shows when it was created or modified. This would allow players to better manage their sector notes, and would let them know which ones they might need to check on to update, if they get a little older.

Hear Hear! I remember asking PJ about this one myself.

Quote:
3. I also find it would be useful if "Team" and "Personal" sector notes were seperated on the sector notes page. The reason for this, is that I have a lot of personal sector notes that I use regularly, but I have to wade through all of the team notes we have (Notes posted by myself, and currently three other people.) There are a lot of team notes, and when I am just wanting to browse personal notes I've made about a sector, I would like them to be in one place, seperated from all the team notes.

I would like to add the feature of editing team notes. If I attack a sector the information needs to b changed in the team note. That way the rest of the team will know not to waste turns following me.

Quote:
3. This idea isn't from the original poster of the Change Production menu, but I thought it would be a useful addition. If there was some way to manage upgrades remotely, that would save people a lot of headache, and make life easier. Allowing them to do things like manage tech levels, and maybe even base a planet once the planet had made enough resources, without actually having to go back to the planet and do it all manually, would be very nice. Especially if you could manage tech levels of multiple planets at once.

you can base a RS planet from the change production screen. I'm torn on this one. I think going to your planets is helpful in finding you. If everything could be done remotely then everyone would live in Sol. In this regard I am in the opinion that SG's be eliminated, warp probes be cheaper to use and RS travel be expensive. Build RS tunnels to warp into your planets like SG's.

Quote:

III. The next idea is something I saw/read/heard somewhere, but figured since I was making a wishlist, I would include it. It pertains to creating and basing planets.

1. Change Genesis Torpedoes to work more like Nova Bombs. What I mean by that, Nova Bombs have levels of effectiveness you can buy (I have never tried anything higher than the first level, because they are so darn expensive though!) Basically, allow players to buy different level Genesis Torpedoes. The first level ones act the same as now. They cost 500k credits, and just create a shell. You have to transport all the commodities onto the planet before you can base it, with a total cost being close to 11-13m credits. For say, 25m, you could buy a second level torpedo, which would create a BASED planet when used. It would cost around 25m, and 10 turns to use. A level 3 torpedo would cost something like 2.5x the cost of upgrading a planet to level 100, and take 15 turns, it would create a based planet with level 100 techs (Minus SD techs). Level 4 would be the same thing, costing 2.5x the cost of the upgrades and such, but would create a level 200 based planet, taking 25 turns. The final level, 5, would create a 300 overall planet, take 50 turns, and cost basically 2.5x the cost of the upgrades. A note, this would ONLY be tech levels, and would not drop any colonists on the planets.

This would make the game (even More) unbalanced toward the larger players as only they benefit. Once you get large enough building is easy. Level 300 hulls of colonists will base a planet in one update. A better suggestion is for everyone to start with 1 based planet for shipyard access. But again, this bypasses a big part of the game, building up and exploring.

Quote:
IV. This next idea is just a thought to help new players out, I'm not sure if it is neccessary, but I think it would help.

1. When a new player joins the game, the select their template for viewing the game (Personally, I think the dropdown template should be default, as it is the easiest to get used to, and most of the experienced players use it, so trying to tell a newbie how to do something when they are using the default template and you are using the dropdown, well, it can get a little confusing.) After they go to Sol, they should get a new message, automated, from the Federation/Webmaster/Whatever. With the whole pop-up that you normally get with a new message and everything. This message should basically tell them in a paragraph or two the FIRST and FOREMOST things they should do. This should also include a link to the wiki site, and to the forums. It should also tell them to read the information in the information place in Sol.

Amazing that you missed this when you logged into the game. This is already there in a pop-up.
Not sure if the next suggestion is, as I didn't read it closely. And the FAQ? !! PJ !! at least link it to Sol or the wiki.
Quote:

2. There should be a link to a guide and the wiki page on the main AAT server page. If a potential player finds the site, they should be able to find where to read the help and guide stuff, before creating an account.

3. Update the FAQ (http: //aatrade.springfield.net/faq .php) (Can't get the URL tag to work for some reason, so there are spaces in the URL and it is not clickable.) I know the updated information is in the wiki, but the setup of the FAQ is setup as a guide, rather than just a knowledge base. There needs to be a definitive guide, atleast a newbie guide, and then players can expand to the knowledge base.

1. Have an option that allows you to allow team consolidation. By checking that option, it allows team members to consolidate planets for you, up to a certain percentage of the planets maximum credits (Say, you cannot consolidate more than 10-25%. So a newbie team member (Or a team member trying to cause problems) cannot drop the planet down to 0 or something.). The consolidated credits do not go to the player who is consolidating, they go to the owner of the planets, but in this way, a player who is on vacation can have his planets taken care of somewhat while he is gone.

2. Add a team bank feature. The team bank would work like the IGB (With higher limits) But would not be able to hold more than 50% of what the top player would be able to transfer from a team planet. IE, if the top player could take 1T from a team planet due to his net worth, the team account would be limited to 500b. The coordinator for the team has the ability to transfer any or all of the team funds to a teammate, even if the amount would be more than he could pull from a planet due to his net worth. Funds could only be transfered to a player once per day, like using the IGB to due a ship transfer. There could be some limit as to how often a player can put money into the account also. Basically, the way the team cash works, it is nearly completely worthless. When I was smaller, able to take a 400b loan, and my teammate was just about the same size, I could only pull the ridiculous amount of 14b off her planet. 14b, and my networth was enough that I could take a 400b loan. At that rate, if I end up getting hit and losing a bunch of stuff, being on a team is worthless, because they can't even help me. I'd be better off self-destructing and starting over for the amount of help I could get.

mixed opinions on the team consolidation idea, it could help the teammate keep up with the team while away, perhaps with a vacation Flag. Also it should denote the teammates time online as as not to purge them.

the second suggestion - However, Anything that allows teammates (or otherwise) to transfer cash will be, and is, exploited. (Consider what you can do now a bonus) The idea of a team is to help each other out. If you cannot do this with Defenses, Information and Cooperation, then you should rethink teamwork. :thwak:

Investigative Reporting of breaking news from the leading edge of a galaxy near you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:51 am 

i'm not builder so have zero interest in these exept team bank, sound like nice idea

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:42 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Max Headroom wrote:
the second suggestion - However, Anything that allows teammates (or otherwise) to transfer cash will be, and is, exploited. (Consider what you can do now a bonus) The idea of a team is to help each other out. If you cannot do this with Defenses, Information and Cooperation, then you should rethink teamwork.

Bullshit...If I can't get help from a teammate if I lose a ship and all my planets, what the fuck is the point of the team? The team is there to support each other, and its like a marriage, for better or worse, in sickness and in health...People like you are why the damn divorce rate in this country is through the roof...If one of my family, or one of my friends gets real sick and needs help, I'm there to help them...I shouldn't have a limit to how much I can help, other than how much I have....With a team, I see having a limit, but the thing should be high enough that if you are in need you can get the help you need.

Your thing about helping with defense, thats somewhat valid, but everyone can get broken, and your not a bad player if a good attacker breaks you. Being able to recover is part of the game...A part of the game that was killed with the changes to team cash transfers.

Gremlin wrote:

Yes! Good God, I've asked for that for years...

saras wrote:
i'm not builder so have zero interest in these exept team bank, sound like nice idea

So you enjoy having to manually haul stuff to your first planet, spending 30 turns and 10 minutes just to base a planet, so you can get your attack ship? And I guess you really don't use sector notes as an attacker, do you? Those are builder-only...

Max Headroom wrote:
This would make the game (even More) unbalanced toward the larger players as only they benefit. Once you get large enough building is easy. Level 300 hulls of colonists will base a planet in one update. A better suggestion is for everyone to start with 1 based planet for shipyard access. But again, this bypasses a big part of the game, building up and exploring.

I hate that first 15 minutes of the game when you are trying to get the first planet...Lets say for instance each player was given one good gen torp that created a based planet, so they could use it at the begining and not have to haul three loads of everthing...I would be all for that change...I'm conflicted on the rest of the change, makes it easier for me, but does take the work out of things, but the only REAL thing it saves is a few clicks, for upgrades...Its not like it makes builders gods or something...Just makes things easier, and not that much easier at that, just slightly less mind-numbing...I think this would help attackers more, because we hate the building part, but are forced to do it anyway with the changes to team cash and such...This would make it easier on us, while the builders are already perfectly willing to screw around building planets the hard way.

Max Headroom wrote:
you can base a RS planet from the change production screen. I'm torn on this one. I think going to your planets is helpful in finding you. If everything could be done remotely then everyone would live in Sol. In this regard I am in the opinion that SG's be eliminated, warp probes be cheaper to use and RS travel be expensive. Build RS tunnels to warp into your planets like SG's.

Uh....No?

Gremlin wrote:

This could be useful, but has potential for abuse from either party...Make it so it could only be done after 24 hours of inactivity, and limit the number of times a day it can be done...Also need to find a way to not let bad teammates screw you over.

Gremlin wrote:

I agree with all the sector notes stuff basically, and all the stuff for the change production menu, except this....I've discussed it in the past, too abusable, makes it too easy to run a galactic empire, and until I have a button that I can just click and it does all of my A&Rs for me with one click, I won't support this, although it would have been useful in the past (Lost SGs and such...)

Gremlin wrote:
1. There should be a link that is easy to spot while a player is playing the game that allows them to post bug reports. They should not have to sign up for any extra site or forums or anything. All pertinent information should be able to be collected automatically, atleast in terms of the server, the player name, and perhaps language/template information. This information should be able to be filled out automatically, and the user just describes the problem and what he was doing when it happened.

I agree with the newbie stuff in effect (Too lazy to read most of it, honestly...I'm sure if a newbie REALLY wants to see the wiki, he can find it. I have said in the past the FAQ is a piece of trash that is outdated (Written for the .2x game) and should be trashed since they already officially dropped support for .2x, and the FAQ isn't even close to being .3x compatible. Just need a a prominent link to the wiki somehwere noobs can find it. The bug report thing is a nice touch, and would be used a lot, I think, which is good....What would make it better is if there was a place you could just do a print screen, and post it into the bug report directly, without having to save it as a screenshot and upload it and such...

Nice list, btw, too much work to make lists, and way too much work to argue about them....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:30 pm 
Trial
Trial

Sector Notes:

I like the sector notes suggestions very much although I don't use this feature much as a builder. I am using the notes more as part of a team though and I can see a lot of potential uses for this feature at the end of the rounds (or when the fighting becomes most severe). Any additional features you might add to this would just make it better and more useful.

I really like the idea of personal AND team notes (although most of the time the info would automatically go into both unless a radio button or box was checked stopping it) because there are a lot of uses I can see for it that I don't use right now because I don't want to clutter up the list with my own personal notes. i.e. Trading ports and other such.

One last thing I would suggest about notes: There are times when people sell information and when this happens the person selling it is hoping the person buying it will actually pay for it. You might make this sector note section have an option to sell the information, to whom, how much, etc, and the system checks to see if the person buying can first afford it, then checks to see if the person pays it (auto transfer when checked by the buyer) and if the buyer does have the money and doesn't press auto transfer then the Fed puts a bounty on him for about 10X the amount agreed to for the information.

Planet Production:

Default templates are a GREAT idea. This would be such an enhancement to the game! With user generated templates and multiple planet changes this would add a flexibility to the game that builders would absolutely love! You might also put a lock check box on each planet's production window so multiple planet changes would not affect those who's production levels have been locked (you would have to visit the planet to unlock it).

Another thing I thought of was to have a feature that keeps updating the planet tech levels using the planet's funds for a 24 or 48 hour period (or less). I understand that the person who spends the most time on the game generally has the highest score, but this would save a lot of time (and maybe relationships too =) ). As an additional part of this auto update process you might make the auto updates either get expensive or unpredictable after a set period of time (so the player cannot set it and leave, then come back three weeks later to a booming planet).

Newbie said:

"you can base a RS planet from the change production screen. I'm torn on this one. I think going to your planets is helpful in finding you. If everything could be done remotely then everyone would live in Sol. In this regard I am in the opinion that SG's be eliminated, warp probes be cheaper to use and RS travel be expensive. Build RS tunnels to warp into your planets like SG's. "

I adamantly disagree with losing SG's.. SG's are a major part of the game for builders and the attackers have hunter probes, other players, and their own search and destroy tactics to more than help them find the builders. It takes a LOT of work to get a sector or SG up to par and defensible against even the somewhat inexperienced attacker. It doesn't take nearly the amount of work to get a ship ready to attack, so the balance definitely needs to be somewhat in the builder's favor anyway.

I do agree that updating planets (other than production) or building planets with tech levels over about 200 is not a great idea unless the cost is prohibitive. In other words, make it expensive enough to make working for it much more worth while. The auto updating of techs would deal with some of the frustration of dealing with “baby” planets.

Player Flags:

An idea I came up with and told Gremlin about (which is probably why he invited me to join this discussion) is to have a series of player flags which can be assigned in various ways. We already have the Guide flag, and a vacation flag was mentioned above. I hadn't thought of the vacation flag but it sounds good. I'll just list a couple and then you can run with it..

The Newbie Flag:
This flag should be made available to all players while under a certain score, or under a certain amount of time logged into the game, or both. The player (and not all of us will) marks this flag box in their options and other players are informed upon finding them that the person is a newbie and therefore pretty much untouchable without very serious consequences (very high bounty, game ejection, etc) I remember playing this game the first time and it took me a while to find all the buttons and figure out what I was doing. After a while (and a lot of advice from veteran players, thank you) I got used to it and I was going to town, and my score shot up. I didn't get attacked, but if I had it would have discouraged me.

The other thing this flag should do is either protect the player from being killed, or give him the right to enter tutorial scenarios that either teach him the fundamentals of building (without actually building anything) and the fundamentals of attacking (without actually dying). It is a lot of program code to be sure, but it's just a suggestion for our new people.

The Bully Flag:
I have noticed that on very popular places online like Facebook, and Myspace among others, there is a feature that has grown in popularity. You are able to give stars or cudos to people. These things add up and you get nothing for them but good feelings. I thought this might translate over to this game in that, the players can give one positive or one negative flag to one player per day to help them be identified as good, neutral, or evil (along with the other factors that make up this aspect of the game). You could have these ratings affect how long the War Flag stays up after an attack, how well a person's planets grow, etc.

The War Flag:
I saw this idea in one of the other posts. If a player attacks a player, or team then that player receives this flag (in the rankings also) for a set period of time and the person, or team they hit has the right to retaliate, or go to war with them without bounty. This does not include the arbitrary run into SD and lose a few fighters.. it has to be an attack. Also a player may want to “declare war” on another player or team. This flag would go up then.

Dignitaries:
If we could assign jobs to the Digs it would make my life so much easier.. I'm not saying they have to stay what you assign them to be (please make it a very small possibility that they change). But please please please... Did I mention Please? lol

BTW - I'm not whining... LOL

Cephus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:06 pm 

yes thats why i like this game
and no, i don't use sector notes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:33 pm 

Max Griswald wrote:
Max Headroom wrote:
the second suggestion - However, Anything that allows teammates (or otherwise) to transfer cash will be, and is, exploited. (Consider what you can do now a bonus) The idea of a team is to help each other out. If you cannot do this with Defenses, Information and Cooperation, then you should rethink teamwork.

Bullshit...If I can't get help from a teammate if I lose a ship and all my planets, what the fuck is the point of the team? The team is there to support each other, and its like a marriage, for better or worse, in sickness and in health...People like you are why the damn divorce rate in this country is through the roof...If one of my family, or one of my friends gets real sick and needs help, I'm there to help them...I shouldn't have a limit to how much I can help, other than how much I have....With a team, I see having a limit, but the thing should be high enough that if you are in need you can get the help you need.

Your thing about helping with defense, thats somewhat valid, but everyone can get broken, and your not a bad player if a good attacker breaks you. Being able to recover is part of the game...A part of the game that was killed with the changes to team cash transfers.

:rant: Yur right, I'm a selfish sombittch. I may sound like a Republican, but I want all my cash to stay in my pocket. I don't hang people out to dry, but I stay within the law to get help for my family. If the cash thing wasn't exploited so much it would still be there.

Now I have an idea how to fix it. Instead if just handing over cash, maybe we can work on the team bank idea and use research points to replace a teammates ship. Place a portion of your research points toward a ship bank and allow any teammate to "withdraw" a replacement ship when points are built up. Colonists would be diverted from making cash, balancing the other teammates growth. :???:

Investigative Reporting of breaking news from the leading edge of a galaxy near you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:25 am 

Cephus wrote:
Another thing I thought of was to have a feature that keeps updating the planet tech levels using the planet's funds for a 24 or 48 hour period (or less). I understand that the person who spends the most time on the game generally has the highest score, but this would save a lot of time (and maybe relationships too =) ). As an additional part of this auto update process you might make the auto updates either get expensive or unpredictable after a set period of time (so the player cannot set it and leave, then come back three weeks later to a booming planet).

I believe that is the plan for the Build setting (Research and Build are not working, yet.) so I think the planets will be able to auto-build themselves, at the cost of slower credit production.

Max Griswald wrote:

I understand you feel strongly about your point of view, and I share that point of view, but please keep profanity out of the discussion, I'm not a prude, but just humour me, please?

Max HeadRoom wrote:
Now I have an idea how to fix it. Instead if just handing over cash, maybe we can work on the team bank idea and use research points to replace a teammates ship. Place a portion of your research points toward a ship bank and allow any teammate to "withdraw" a replacement ship when points are built up. Colonists would be diverted from making cash, balancing the other teammates growth.

This idea sounds very nice! I think instead of research, though, we should use the Build option. Perhaps be able to set where your build points go, or a percentage of them go to ship building, and a percentage go to upgrading your planets. If this idea could be worked out, this would be very very useful!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:54 pm 
Trial
Trial

Max HeadRoom wrote:
Now I have an idea how to fix it. Instead if just handing over cash, maybe we can work on the team bank idea and use research points to replace a teammates ship. Place a portion of your research points toward a ship bank and allow any teammate to "withdraw" a replacement ship when points are built up. Colonists would be diverted from making cash, balancing the other teammates growth.

Gremlin wrote:
This idea sounds very nice! I think instead of research, though, we should use the Build option. Perhaps be able to set where your build points go, or a percentage of them go to ship building, and a percentage go to upgrading your planets. If this idea could be worked out, this would be very very useful!

Yes, builders could use this option to get enough points to build a trading ship or the next level up (I like the excel's). Or your team mates could use the points to get a ship back if they lose theirs. It balances the credit production and transfer issues a little too.

You know, I've been thinking.. The issue of teams and team cash is kind of a sore spot in the game. What if we went with the team average score in order to determine bounties? Then only the ship to ship transfers would be affected and everyone would have to "earn" their own way at least some??
------Cephus

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]