It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:49 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sneaking Spies to Planets
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:09 pm 
Developer
Developer

I have made a change to how you get spies on a planet. The old methos you had to have a ship 10 levels higher than the planet just to have a 50% chance of getting a spy on the planet. If they had their own spies it was more like a 10% chance.

In otherwords almost impossible.

I have changed it so you have a 50% chance if you have the same cloak as the planet sensors. And if they have 10 spies that drops to 10% chance. This is much more balanced.

Oh and there will be a bounty check on placing spies on lower players planets. If you have spies there no problem or they get there from the enemy players ship no problem. The bounty check only comes into play when you try to sneak a spy on a lower players planet directly from your ship.

The reason for this is because huge players could easily place all Planet Capture spies on lower player planets and start capturing those players planets without any effort. Sure it can take a long time for a spy to capture a planet but without the bounty check it gives a HUGE unfair advantage to the larger players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:51 pm 
Developer
Developer

If they are small players I seriously doubt if they will be novaing you to dust.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]