It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 6:33 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Template for a slow internet connections
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

saykor wrote:
If Keith think 2 sec for a lag what will be say for a 30+ sec :lol: :lol:

So please clone the same template but with a few changes.

Pics to load from a c:\aatrade :). It means to have a zip file for download and unzip all pics in this dir. Then we not need every time to load a same pics.

If now I need to see my msg need to open it in a same browser and then to reload a main.php. So all things from a dropdown menu will be goods to open in a new browser. In other templates I can do this with a shift+mouse but there this not work. I talk for a "aat menu dropdown default"

Else this template is a great. But is not user friendly for a slow internet connection.

Thanks

I'm actually kicking around the idea of a version with all the graphics mistly stripped. Trying to think about how we can help the slower connections ;)

Still thinking on your other ideas though ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:49 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

saykor wrote:
I am not sure to understand you. If pics load from c:\aatrade will have all graphics, will help on the server transfer and on players with a slower connections.

Sure could do that as well, I was just going to make a version with table borders rather than graphics so everyone would have a fast load option. Dunno how soon I'll get to it though...real life work is kickin in and I got a pile of work todo. May have to rely on another user building it like twan. Once we release we hope to have add on template packs. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:10 pm 
Developer
Developer

If you enable browser caching then the graphics are only downloaded once and from that point on the graphics will be loaded from your computers hard drive cache instead of the net.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bear with me I may have a way to do this without having to rebuild a new template for it. I'm playing with it on an alpha server, so keep your eyes peeled for updates. ;)

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]