It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Awesome Navigation!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

fiveyes wrote:
In the main game today I walked out to the very tip of a galaxy arm using the Mini-NavMap and 3-D Galaxy Map. Wasted a couple of turns maybe, since I was limping on a lvl 15 engine, but it was worth the trip!

One of several things that impressed me was realizing that the 3-D view accurately shows each sector of the galaxy and correctly points to my position. That wasn't obvious in Arm 0, where everything is much tighter, but out in the thin areas of space it's amazing. If there were five dots grouped together, I found a small cluster of five sectors.

Truly a great addition to the game! Now, if I can only find the time for those other arms...

GREAT! Thats exactly what we have built the navigation for. Makes it much easiler to explore areas rather than the old traditional side to side searching. You will find after a while you will hardly every use the side to seide realspace links and I always forget to scan my warp links alot of times now also... navmap will spoil ya :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:10 pm 
Developer
Developer

And in the future we are hoping to add the ability to zoom in on section of the graphic map. Then show sector numbers for each of the little dots and possibly even allow you to click on them to move there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:00 am 
Developer
Developer

fiveyes wrote:
I just have one question:

In the main game I've searched high and low, checked behind Earth in Sector 1 and even went through my girlfriend's underwear drawer.

Where in tarnation is Galaxy Arm 2?!?

Oopsie...

My fault... When the universe is being created it is storing the offset number instead of the actual arm number. Fixed it for the release. It doesn't hurt anything but it means there is one empty arm of the galaxy in current running games.

You might start seeing some for arm 2 as the expanding universe will actually store them as arm 2 now when it makes them.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]