It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:03 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Spies on a planet and ship
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:26 pm 
Developer
Developer

I finally decided to look at the clean spy from planet code to try and remove the multiple displays of the same spy id when you clean a planet. The reason it was doing it was because of the weird way the database query was setup.

So while I was cleaning it up I realized the planet spies use whatever cloak value is on the ship you are currently using to hide from a clean planet scan. This means if you want to keep your spies hidden just change to a ship with a HIGH cloak before you log off.

This is kind of like the sector defenses how they could change their sensors based on the ship you were driving. We changed that so they rely on the sensors of the planets in the sector.

So the spies are going to change as well.

When you place spies on a planet you own they will adopt the cloak level of the planet and not your ship. If your planet is taken then the spies on that planet will have their cloak level frozen at the level of the planets cloak when it was captured.

If you place a spy on an enemy planet the spy will adopt the cloak level of the ship that placed it there and never change. If you want to change the spies cloak level you will have to change the cloak on your ship/change ship, go back to the planet, pickup the spy and then send him back again.

So the spies will only use the cloak level they are given at the time and will not change automatically based upon the ship you are currently driving.

Not all of the servers will get this at the same time because this is going to take some fundamental changes to a number of programs.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]