It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 12:11 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Whats the next Tourney?
Draft  11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Team  28%  28%  [ 5 ]
Random Team  39%  39%  [ 7 ]
Singles  22%  22%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 18

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:36 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

Tarnus wrote:
Gvar wrote:
Panama Jack wrote:
Bottom line...

NOTHING mentioned affected the outcome of the game.

wow...what an answer.....some how i knew thats what ud say.

Gvar, despite problems alot of people played the game and enjoyed it weather they won or not. And deserve to have this game put in thier profiles. They all worked hard, but I see no game killing even that would invalidate the game unless you can point something out I am missing.

my point is...

1)the game was misconfigured (which allowed a dead player to gain access to an enemies sector and then to bring his team in for the kill -- this most definately affects the games outcome)..... that is valid grounds for either a restart or an anullment....

2) rules were broken or ignored from day 1... concerning profiles

this is my point....
nothing more
im not here to be combative....but i'd like a fair shake when it comes to the game. i do not support the early termination....however all things considered im forced to agree with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:45 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

so had the admin settings been correct (as should be considering the circustances) the 1st thing would not have happened.....

had the rules been adhered to then the 2nd problem would have been avoided as well....

and personaly...i dont know bout the others teams but we were about to change the tide....i'd have rather finished and lost, then to lose by default.

we were well on our way to recovering and stood a decent chance at winning,
the next few days would have proved it.... now we lose by default.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gvar wrote:
so had the admin settings been correct (as should be considering the circustances) the 1st thing would not have happened.....

had the rules been adhered to then the 2nd problem would have been avoided as well....

and personaly...i dont know bout the others teams but we were about to change the tide....i'd have rather finished and lost, then to lose by default.

we were well on our way to recovering and stood a decent chance at winning,
the next few days would have proved it.... now we lose by default.

Well I'm with you... as I didn't want it to end tommorrow...now the two week mark, thats another story :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:52 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

lol...even if it was the 3rd week i'd have still kept trying.. its just not in me to quit

perhaps a reset/rematch?

there are some awesome players in the tourney (on all teams) and i think it would have been a great game.

maybe put it to a vote? players as well as captains?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:02 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

My reasons for asking if the game should be ended early had nothing to do with any of the reasons you have stated. I really wanted to make it a 2 week tourney 2 days into the game and had mentioned it at that time to Wild Angel. I had anaylized the progression of the game and like the game speed and really thought the game would stagnate if it was going to go for a full month. So when I asked Alf if we should end it early those were my reasons and no other... PERIOD

I still think the call to end today was a poor decision, as the scores are starting to change and the other two teams might have been able to unseat DD. But I am adhereing to that.

Complaining about the past doesn't fix the future, as stated in my last several post... I let it be up to the "Captains to Decide" Not a single...but plural so when I only heard this from 1 single player that was not a majority. The captains continued to pick players and after 2 days of game start not one word was mentioned about it. Future games there will be no letting captains make those decisions Period. I tried to give the captains some level of control in the game and obviously this still wasn't good enough... So in the future I'll assume the captains cannot make decisions on thier own and give no leeway in the future.

Nuff said on this topic.... lets get on to the next tourney.... Should anyone reply about this further I will delete the replies. Its a game!! The Topic is Choose the next Tourney not Bitch about this one so... Lets get over it and move forward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:12 am 
Gamer
Gamer

Gvar wrote:
some players (lionheartless) didnt reveal there id's PRIOR to game start ...and only registered their ids after teams were picked. knowing this would Influence the final outcome. other players NEVER registered at all

Come on, Gvar. That I sign up under a new playername can't make a tourney invalid. Why do U think it's called a alias?? If U look at my name in the previuos game I almost everytime had a new, e.a. Nobody, Nixon or now Lionheart. The playername Lionheart no one knew about. The point was that I could be a "Lucky draw". It's up to other to judge if I was that for the DDs , I can't.

Gvar wrote:
so will this mess go on our profile records? i sure hope not, at least for those of us who joined and put an honest effort into this tourney.

'course it doesn't. If U take a closer look at it. U will find more players, with another playername that usual.
Just becourse our team didn't manage to be on top all the way, isn't a good reason to blame a lot of minor non-important thing, and then calling it a invalid Tourney. Yep a lot of us really made a big a honest effort in the just ended tourney. For my part I have just more time than ever before in a tourney and it seems to have paid out. So if your team had done the same your might have been able to keep the big early lead your team had.
I thinks too it sucks not to win, but what? ...soon it is forgotten and a new tourney arrives...

SO stop the whining and start planing a effort for the next tourney. I'll, and probably again under a new ALIAS.

Peace out "the unknown killer" ROFL

Last edited by Big on Wed May 26, 2004 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

- "To be no. 12345 is okay, but whining is Big" ;)

http://www.aatraders.com/index.php?player_id=71

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:14 am 

I've always been a bit curious about a team tournament with 2 players on each team. Yeah may be a bit annoying to coordinate, but it would be interesting... heh...

peace,
CR

Post subject: Re: Tourney Suggestion
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:12 am 
Gamer
Gamer

The Donald wrote:
How about a series of 3 or 4 two week tourneys. Each one could be of the different styles suggested above. Scores from each tourney would be added to a cumlative total for the player. Sort of a nascar type thing. Of course, the players would have to have a profile. I think this would give you a better picture of an all around champion. You could also start an overall ranking system from this for future AATrade Cup Events.

Suggestion for a tourney. Random doubles or triples. Randomly put 2 or 3 players together and see what chaos errupts.

What a great Idea to implement a GRAND tour ...

That could be really fun...
And we name the best in different skills to. like ...
best builder, best defender, best scout, best attacker, best shout, Most unlucky etc :)

wtg Donald... :D

About the random part I like it too, but I always liked teamsize on 4 player...

- "To be no. 12345 is okay, but whining is Big" ;)

http://www.aatraders.com/index.php?player_id=71

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:14 pm 
Developer
Developer

Well, time to be the mean guy.

If anyone complains or bitches about the outcome of the tourney after this post I will start BANNING them from the forums.

Suck it up and let it go or you will go. That is final.

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2