It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 2:35 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Main Site is back up with ENHANCEMENTS!
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 9:46 pm 
Developer
Developer

Well, we got the server installed this afternoon as Tarnus noted and everything seems to be running great for the game. :clap:

I am sorry it took so long for the web site to come back up but I was in the process of upgrading the Blog software. I took the time we were down to add some new features to the blog system that were sorely needed. These are things I wanted to add but never devoted the time to it.

We have added some extra entries in everyones profile. The Location entry has been changed to City. It might be best if everyone changes this to better reflect your city. Or you can make it blank to prevent it from showing in your profile or blog.

We have also added State, Province (Canada) and Country dropdown selections. This make is easier for everyone to identify themselves and possibly find other players in their country. If you do not want any of these items to show up in your profile or blog pick the selections that ask you to make a selection. I know it sounds confusing but it really isn't. :razz:

We have also added a Real First Name and Real Last Name entry. There is also a checkbox to prevent showing your real name in your profile or blog.

We have added a Calendar to every blog. This will display a calendar of the current month of blogs you are viewing. Dates will be highlighted as clickable links for every date that contains a blog. Just click on the date on the calendar to view the blogs posted on that date.

We have added the ability for everyone with a profile to post comments on each blog. Instead of people trying to communicate by posting their own blog they can post a comment directly to a blog entry. At the bottom of each blog entry you will see a link called Comments with a number beside it indicating how many comments have been posted for that entry. Just click on the Comments link to view the comments or post a new comment. Please do not abuse this with foul language as we can turn off anyones ability to post a comment.

We have also added a Report Abuse link for every blog. Only use this if you find a blog that is highly objectionable. If people abuse this we will remove it.

I have also created a new blog template called PastelGreen and I am currently using it. This blog template also includes my player description in a scrolling window.

We hope everyone likes all of these new changes to the blog system. If you find any problems please report them immediately so I can fix them.

EDIT: I almost forgot about the Favorite Links. Every blog can display upto 10 favorite links. So if you have 10 web sites you like and would like other people to know about add them to your profile through the Profile Editor. You can give the link a small name that will be displayed instead of the URL.

Last edited by Panama Jack on Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:07 am 
Gamer
Gamer

Is it me on my new flat LCD screen monitor or is the forum different too? :) Brighter, kinda? :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:08 am 
I`m not 18 years old, but 17. How I can edit this information?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:43 am 
Developer
Developer

Slepkava wrote:
I`m not 18 years old, but 17. How I can edit this information?

I rewrote the age calculation routine. CHeck and see if it is displaying correctly now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:28 am 
Yes, it is correct! Thanks! =)

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]