It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:26 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Alien Assault Traders Wiki
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:05 am 
Developer
Developer

I would like to apologize to Neongreen. I told him many weeks ago that I would post a link to his AATrade Wiki. Well, I finally got off my fat butt and added it to the AATrade Menu Bar.

What Is a Wiki wrote:
Wiki is in Ward's original description:

The simplest online database that could possibly work.

Wiki is a piece of server software that allows users to freely create and edit Web page content using any Web browser. Wiki supports hyperlinks and has a simple text syntax for creating new pages and crosslinks between internal pages on the fly.

Wiki is unusual among group communication mechanisms in that it allows the organization of contributions to be edited in addition to the content itself.

Like many simple concepts, "open editing" has some profound and subtle effects on Wiki usage. Allowing everyday users to create and edit any page in a Web site is exciting in that it encourages democratic use of the Web and promotes content composition by nontechnical users.

Neongreen set this Wiki up for AATrade players so they can add their own FAQ's, hints, help, definitions, whatever you can think of that will help other players. I would like to see everyone using this Wiki to post their insights and information they have gleaned about playing the game.

Be sure to click on the Page Index link on the site to get a list of some of the things that have already been entered. Be sure to add your own things to the Wiki. Checking out what is there already will give you a good idea as to what should be posted there.

Everyone give a big Thank You to Neongreen for making this availible for everyone.

Last edited by Panama Jack on Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]