It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:30 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Main Game reset Sept 16 and then some....
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Many of you are wondering the reasons behind this reset.
Number one reason, the game is stagnant. Nothing kills a game faster than a stagnant game.
Number 2 reason... we are going to be running a test server for the new version. SURPRISE! Well don't get your hopes up too much... but due to PJ having many problems with the module implementation, we have decided to see if we can put a stripped down version of .30 on the main server so users can get used to the changes. We can call it.2999999 or .30 lite ;) I am unsure how much PJ will be able to put into this stripped down version by next friday... but lets hope the cool stuff makes it in.

Other questions I have recieved is how long will this new game run... I am not sure as that will depend on what problems occur while we all play test it.

I'll list some of the features later on.. my primary goal with this message was to give everyone a heads up...

Folks ya have a week... go take out the top guys! Make them work to hold thier positions :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:41 pm 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

Tarnus, PJ that is good news about the new version. At last we can get a look see at this. :o

Players, please be aware that there could be early resets, patches etc as this is the very first that we all see of the new version.

As for me, I can't wait. :D

Thank you guys for all the hard work that you have done for this great game.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:48 am 
Trial
Trial

thanks for the encouragement.. :evil:

Post subject: Re: Main Game reset Sept 16 and then some....
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:01 am 
Gamer
Gamer

Tarnus wrote:
Number 2 reason... we are going to be running a test server for the new version. SURPRISE! Well don't get your hopes up too much... but due to PJ having many problems with the module implementation, we have decided to see if we can put a stripped down version of .30 on the main server so users can get used to the changes. We can call it.2999999 or .30 lite ;)

.2999999 or .30 Lite... hmmmmmm. Why don't use the notation Beta like in the "Old days", since the version is a pre-release with possible errors.

Just a thought

Big aka iPronto aka Alex

- "To be no. 12345 is okay, but whining is Big" ;)

http://www.aatraders.com/index.php?player_id=71

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:19 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

heh well... that could be as well...but sometimes we just gotta be different ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

When PJ is ready... he won't even tell me ;) So we all get to be patient.

Post subject: Delay of game
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Official calls delay of game penalty. :) PJ ran into some slight problems... We'll call it a rain delay ;) Said should be today sometime. Everyone wish him luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:06 pm 
Developer
Developer

First of all everyone stop bitching at Tarnus. Bitch at me. That's what PM's are for. :)

Stripping out the module code that I have been using turned into a bear. Plus you couple that with a bunch of other real life problems that have been going on this week and you get a delay. Like today I spent all day helping a firnd moving furniture and appliances and haven't had a chance to do a damned thing to the game.

Real Life is like that.

I am going to try and get it up tonight and if I don't it will be sometime sunday. If some people don't like it then too bad as that is the way it is.

Post subject: reset.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:24 pm 
Trial
Trial

yes life is more important than any game, well maybe the lottery...that could have an effect on real life :) he he...

do what you can when you can.. I ain't going away anytime soon.

thanks

Post subject: Hmmmm.... Shocked but not supprised
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:55 am 
Gamer
Gamer

I thought I had seen it all and wasn't able to be shocked over players attitude anymore, but I was wrong....

COME ON GUYs and DOLLS,

First of all If you think this game sucks... No one is asking you to play, so DON'T if you don't like the game or its conditions.

Second this game don't cost you any thing besides time. In other words PJ and TH is working their butts off to entertain you. MAYBE you should consider to make a donation for all the free hours of fun.

Third STOP whining and bitching over the service from TH and PJ. They are always announcing ahead of time to prepare you on what might come, but future is as known hard to predict, some change might come.

f.ex. Gabriel: -"If you can't stand the heat, don't play with fire". In other words stop whining and blame the "delayed reset" about that you might lose the top spot in the main game. You should be glad about being in top 10 and glad about some of the skilled players didn't played the main on full-time (AK5, TH, Satman etc.) becourse then you might not have been in top 20.

Summmerized: PLAY, ENJOY this FREE game and be PREPARE on changes due to "The Game" still is under developement to please you even more.

Last edited by Big on Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

- "To be no. 12345 is okay, but whining is Big" ;)

http://www.aatraders.com/index.php?player_id=71

Post subject: tsk tsk tsk
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:10 am 
Trial
Trial

if you have a problem with me you should address me. privately, not here in a public forum. I have not sent pj or any other messages complaining about the reset. if you read what was in the shout box then I guess you need to play more often to learn my sense of humor and the context of what I said. or read the above post I made. ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:58 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

why do they suck so bad? they picked up a good cornerback named Fred Smoot... geez , just like the redskins. :evil:

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]