It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:35 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Where is everyone from...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:38 am 
Developer
Developer

In case you haven't noticed there is a link in the lower left side of the main web site page that says...

"How fast did my website load?"

There are 5 stars. If you click on the star furthest to the right that is a rating of 5 or fast. If you click on the star furthest to the left that is a rating of 1 or slow. Everyone should click on the star that best represents the page loading speed for our web site.

Now here is the fun part. Click on the following link.

http://www.hostgator.com/webhostingspeed/view/MaInLU

Now click on the checkbox marked Show All.

You will see little balloons appear on the display showing the location of everyone that rated the site speed. Now click on one of the balloons and a text balloon will open up with the location and rating that was made. This is a great way for everyone to see where people are visiting from.

For something even more interesting you can click on the HYBRID button and get a satellite view with country names. If you hold down the left mouse button you can scroll all over the map when you move the mouse. You can even zoom in and in some cases you can zoom right in to the roof tops of buildings. So have fun seeing where people are from.

Edited January 22, 2007 I would like to ask everyone to please avoid rating the speed of our site for the next couple of weeks. We are located in the mid-western part of the US that was hit by that huge ice storm. Internet connections are spotty and very overloaded right now. Especially the routers in the St. Louis area which most of our traffic goes through. If everyone could wait until after the first of February we would appreciate it. Thanks.

Last edited by Panama Jack on Wed May 02, 2007 1:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Where is everyone from...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:28 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Panama Jack wrote:
You will see little balloons appear on the display showing the location of everyone that rated the site speed. Now click on one of the balloons and a text balloon will open up with the location and rating that was made. This is a great way for everyone to see where people are visiting from.

I notice Mississauga is not displayed. I voted and its not there, perhaps the map only looks at the big cities :razz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:32 pm 
Developer
Developer

I don't know how accurate it is. I think it mainly goes off what is reported by your ISP for your IP address. If you ISP is masking it or giving some other location then that can throw it off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:34 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Its not relevant really, just an observation. Oh well, you'll be happy to know I voted 5/5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:38 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Hmm - Well now I know where my Sattelite Modem connection is dropping down.

I was hoping to have the only bubble ever for antartica as I am currently at Point 1 with a research team.

But, the Sat phone must be registering in Issaq. Washington USA

*dern it all!*

The closest AAT'er is in New Zealand so far!

Post subject: HOW CoOOOL!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:05 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

This is pretty awesome! I got zoomed in enough that I actually saw Tarnus kicking his generator tonight! At least it wasn't his cat hehehe

Post subject: Re: HOW CoOOOL!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

PhirePhly wrote:
This is pretty awesome! I got zoomed in enough that I actually saw Tarnus kicking his generator tonight! At least it wasn't his cat hehehe

Yup that is me. I'll wave ;) I'm on day 7 with no power at my house :( YeeHaw, I am sure glad someone invented generators. Course if I could convert it to run on wood I could run it for free :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:04 am 
Developer
Developer

I would like to ask everyone to please avoid rating the speed of our site for the next couple of weeks. We are located in the mid-western part of the US that was hit by that huge ice storm. Internet connections are spotty and very overloaded right now. Especially the routers in the St. Louis area which most of our traffic goes through. If everyone could wait until after the first of February we would appreciate it. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

jaabaa wrote:
U aint kidding, I have been on 70 to 80 hour work weeks since the storm hit and just now have gotten 2 days off. We temporaried so much that it took a extra 2 weeks just to go back and fix it all.

So glad its over now.

Im in St louis Missouri but cover a large area depending on where the most telephone pole damage was.

The power and telephone workers are the heroes of the storm... I was never so glad to see the power truck in front of my house hooking up the power after 13 days in the dark. Lucky for my I was able to get a generator or we would have come home to many more problems.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]