It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 6 of 7 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:18 pm 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

Can't get into chat :(

Error: socket server connection failed, then asks for username and password

Help!!!

Post subject: ekk
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:32 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

alf, close it all and try again. I was having trouble also but got it to work....if not........pm me your msn so I can send to tarnus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:07 pm 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

Draw completed with very little bloodshed. :twisted:

All players check into the game and you must accept your invite.

Teams can now work on team plan, use the team forum in the game.

Good Luck to all and thanks Captains for your effort. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:52 pm 
Developer
Developer

Alf wrote:
Can't get into chat :(

Error: socket server connection failed, then asks for username and password

Help!!!

Yeah, there are times when the socket server goes down. We have it setup to do a check every 5 minutes. If the server is down it will restart it. I don't have a clue why it goes down like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:32 pm 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

Thanks to PJ, we now have latest updates installed in the Tournament game. :bigthumb:

Messages should now be working, etc.
Team Captains see if you can send out messages and I will also post a global message to all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:39 pm 
Developer
Developer

There have been quite a few changes to the game code in this upcoming release that Alf is now running.

Instant Message and Template Change Popups

The javascript alerts for an instant message and changing to a new template are now GONE. They have been replaced with a CSS DIV tag popup. You can click on anything that is visible, unlike with the javascript alert, while the message box is open. There is a black and blue box for template changes and a red box for incoming messages. You can't miss it. :)

There is a button on each to erase the popup. The template change popup has a button to take you back to the options screen if you hate the template. The instant message popup has a button to take you directly to read the new messages.

We made these changes because some of the more lamer versions of IE wouldn't display the page while a java alert was active. This meant that you couldn't see the new template until after you decided to keep it. The new DIV popup fixes that.

The same thing would happen when in an instant message came in. This way there are no delays when an instant message arrives.

Tournament Mode Template

Apparently no one decided to tell us that the Tournament Mode display was completely broken. :razz:

There were missing graphics, missing news scroll and the shoutbox scroll wasn't working. I have now fixed all of these things. It should look better than it did. :)

Changes to Expired Online Time

We decided to make a change to what would happen when you ran out of online time when time limits were set. What used to happen is you would be immediately logged off when you went over your online time. Plus you wouldn't be able to log into the game.

This really put a cramp in Tournament games when players wanted to use the Team Chat or send messages to team mates or just taunt the other team. ;) Once your time was up you were gone with no way to contact anyone on your team.

With the new change you are NOT logged out of the game when you run out of time. You get to stay in the game but you are placed in Tournament Setup Mode. This is the mode every player is in when a tournament is getting setup and waiting to start. You have a very limited main screen where you can read your logs, chat, send messages, use the shoutbox, change teams and options. You can't do anything else. You can't move tour ship, interact with your planets. Nothing, because all of the other urls are blocked. :cool:

In a way this can be worse than not being able to log on. :evil:

Why?

Because you can be online and start getting instant messages about being attacked and not do a damned thing about it. :twisted: If you have team mates online at the same time, you can alert them and hope they can get to you in time. ;)

When you run out of game time you can stay online but you can't play. :attention:

What could be more agonizing? :scared:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:42 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Well that instant message popup change could help some people that never turned off javascript. lol

Post subject: AWESOME~~
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:48 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

The java msg change is just awesome!!! thank you thank you!!!

You might consider one additional set for the 1.0 version. Make it possible to log into the game in either mode. Thus a person could check shouts, msgs, etc without using anytime by choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:59 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

Panama Jack wrote:
Tournament Mode Template

Apparently no one decided to tell us that the Tournament Mode display was completely broken. :razz:

There were missing graphics, missing news scroll and the shoutbox scroll wasn't working. I have now fixed all of these things. It should look better than it did. :)

hello i did u just did not listen to me
:razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:
http://forums.aatraders.com/viewtopic.php?t=2949

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:38 pm 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

Alf's Advice

Team tournament.
Communication is the art of listening, yes using ears not mouth.
Players should get into the habit of checking the team forum when they login to the game, then check with any of the 'senior' team members that are on line.
Look at having different roles/jobs within the team and having a 'senior' player watch over each area.
Use the team forums for all discussions. Set up different areas so that players can post info, keep it up todate.

In this game there is no room for heros, work as a team. Remember many hands make light work. :)

Always travel via Sol to and from your sectors.

Not long now till the start, chase up any players that have not joined their team. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:40 am 
Gamer
Gamer

Alf wrote:
Alf's Advice

Team tournament.
Communication is the art of listening, yes using ears not mouth.
Players should get into the habit of checking the team forum when they login to the game, then check with any of the 'senior' team members that are on line.
Look at having different roles/jobs within the team and having a 'senior' player watch over each area.
Use the team forums for all discussions. Set up different areas so that players can post info, keep it up todate.

In this game there is no room for heros, work as a team. Remember many hands make light work. :)

Always travel via Sol to and from your sectors.

Not long now till the start, chase up any players that have not joined their team. :D

Yeah listen to the captain of your team and try your hardest to carry out your role.
'Seniors' can be old stubborn farts like me. Don't listen to those unless the captain says so. Remember that the captain got the power to kick you out of the team (=> end of tourney for ya)

Heros.... I do believe the game need heros like AB, what would the game be without players like that (simular to say what NHL would be without Federov, Wayne G. or soccer without Ronaldinho). To me a AAT-hero is a player which adds the last bit (makes the difference vs the enemy) so the team can be successfull.

Last edited by Big on Wed May 09, 2007 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- "To be no. 12345 is okay, but whining is Big" ;)

http://www.aatraders.com/index.php?player_id=71

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:37 am 
Gamer
Gamer

Big wrote:

Heros.... I do believe the game need heros like AB, what would the game be without players like that (simular to say what NFL would be without Federov, Wayne G. or soccer without Ronaldinho).

Whoa! I think you meant NHL, Federov and Gretzky don't play football:p

Post subject: Re: Alf's Tournament, now open.
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:48 pm 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

I have closed the tournament as too many server errors are happening.

Sorry guys and gals, but thanks for sticking it out.

A good result would be to call this one a draw. :D

Thanks again to all and it certainly looked like a bit of a blood bath from the outside. It was good to see some of the 'older' players back and I do hope tht they stick around and give this new code a fair chance. It was not the code that caused the problems but the VPS hosting account that I used. :(

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:20 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

Hey alf fire up the tourney for one last go at it. We can work around the error pages we have been for some time now.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well even if he did fire it back up, with all the problems, I'd still say it needs to be called a Draw regardless of a clear winner. Too many shades of gray.

Page 6 of 7 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next