It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 5:43 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Singles Tournament
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:38 pm 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

http://aatraders.nzwebs.net/

Singles Tournament, signups open.

Players must be signed up before game start and be linked to their profile.

Once the game starts no new players will be allowed.

There are NO BOUNTIES. Any player can attack any other player or planet irrespective of their rank. So be careful of the big guys when they appear.

There are a number of unowned planets. Some of them are Independant. These independant planets are all based, have unique names, a random number of colonists, random number of fighters, random number of torpedos, random tech levels between 1-20 and 30% credit production. So there are some ripe planets for people to attack and take control of right off the bat.

No Multi Accounts. 1 account per player. We find any multi's all your accounts will be kicked out of the game.

If you are killed in an accident and not cloned. Your out of the game.

At game start, signups will be closed and the game will run for 2 weeks.

Game start: Sunday 29nd July 5:00pm NZ time

Good Luck to all.... :D

Post subject: Re: Singles Tournament
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:11 pm 

Was looking at the settings for the tourney and noticed that the final sensor level for seeing what sector players moved to is set to 350. Normally its at 300, dunno if it's a mistake or u planned on it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:05 pm 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

No mistake, that is the standard setting. I have in the past reduced it, but decided to leave it a little higher. Players will need to work harder to increase their sensor levels. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:01 pm 

! It's gonna take forever to get them. It's not like its a team tourney where people can pool their cash. Players who finish in lower end of the top 5 won't even have them at tourney end. Meh, up to you. I just think it shifts the advantage of the game to builders.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:05 pm 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

I hear what you are saying, and I will put it down to 300, you can pay me later. :D :D :D

Change made, now we need some more cannon fodder, oops I mean sign ups. :hungry:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:16 pm 

Your the bestest!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:27 pm 
AA Mega-Trader
AA Mega-Trader

I have posted in the shouts in each tournament about language used, I have warned what will happen and it has been ignored.
We do have a lot of younger players and they do play at school in class and are watched by teachers.

John M you have been warned by myself, Tarnus and PJ about language and you have now been killed off in the tournament.

I DO NOT take kindly to threats. All others be warned. :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:58 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Actually, I never threatened you, and never would. I said it was bullshit that my post which had NO PROFANITY was deleted when Hedron had two posts using the word Bitch in them, which were overlooked (One immediately BEFORE my comment, and one immediately AFTER my comment.)

I have repeatedly ignored TH, PJ, and you on this subject, and will always do so. Don't like it? Too f**ingbad. You are a great guy Terry, but I will not change my play style to suit ever whiner in the game (Even if he is the admin.) As was stated, my original post was not profanity. My post was vulgar, but that is not what you had mentioned. Hedron's posts were PROFANITY. Both posts should have been deleted, and this never would have happened. Stop using a double-standard, and go f***ing delete EVERYTHING that is PROFANE or VULGAR, if you are going to crack down.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Max... PG-13 man!!!! If you don't play by the rules, then don't play. Its a freakin game. And its a FREE freakin game. And hence we have alot of younger types. The "ADULTS" Need to set the stage and hence set the example for what is profane and what is not. You do not have to swear to insult, a good insult is done without the use of vulger language. Would you say the stuff you do in front of someone you are dating, your mother, your grandmother? THis is not a bar, and this is not a guys club dorm either. Its a game, not only that it's a thinking game... it takes no skill to swear, now an insult that leaves a mark without swearing takes skill, so use that head on your shoulders and play like an adult.

Due to tempers etc, this thread and post is now locked.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]