It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: .30 Hall of Fame
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well its been brought to my attention that the Hall of Fame is outdated. So I am going to leave it up to the users to Nominate and then we will vote on the players to most deserve to be in the hall of fame.

Note: Reply with the User Profile Name as well as why you feel they should be nominated. Nominations should only be skilled .30 players. If the player has not played in a .30 game, they will not be added to the players hall of fame polling.

Post subject: Re: .30 Hall of Fame
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:38 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

So, I can nominate myself, right?

I am just an amazing player, I mean, bar none, I am the best.

Other than that:

PhirePhly - She is amazing. #1 finish last round, and #1 this round. Good builder.

Big - Only player I've ever seen who can SD and restart, 3? 4? times and make #1 each time, until he gets bored be #1.

A-Blitz - As always, Craig is cool, a great guy.

Kilroy - Decent player, very bad personality.

Oakman - Master of both .21 and .30, he is a great player, even if he has no sense of honor.

Shesh (Kyuubi) (Can't spell his prof name :D) - Great attacker, another less-then-honorable player, but that kind of runs in the blood of the younger breed of AAT captains.

Richard (Darksoul) - There is no one who understands the game better without being a game dev. Best scout in the game.

SlayeR - MiA, but a great player.

Rampage - Slowly and methodically keeping pace.

Nexus (Patience) - Best new player to emerge in the last year.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:03 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Tarnus wrote:
Well its been brought to my attention that the Hall of Fame is outdated. So I am going to leave it up to the users to Nominate and then we will vote on the players to most deserve to be in the hall of fame.

Note: Reply with the User Profile Name as well as why you feel they should be nominated. Nominations should only be skilled .30 players. If the player has not played in a .30 game, they will not be added to the players hall of fame polling.

PhirePhly - She is amazing. #1 finish last round, and #1 this round. Good builder. (yep...good choice with the Evil One) My Vote is with Phirephly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:47 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Nathaniel Flint, is my next nomination...

Nathaniel Flint is always there; never rising in the ranks and never falling in the ranks. He is rock solid. I imagine his play time is limited and he has always been in every Main game that I have been in. I speculate that he has all the tools to be ranked #1 but chooses the middle ground.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:03 am 
Gamer
Gamer

Oakman - tenacious attacker, good humour, level-headed, ice-cold killer, and always learning. Experienced in all aspects of the game, King of the Thunderdome, top 5 finishes in all but one tourney, and he's also a Jedi Master.

Need I say more? :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:27 pm 

TH- for his constant dedication to the game.
Phirephly- slow and steady proves useful once again. Best builder I know.
Moonraker- Always near the top, no matter when he plays.
Oakman- Adapted his playing style to .31 in less than a month, and always seems to be around the top. Great attacker.
Shess- Works well with others, and is efficient in what he does. His high score in main and the tourney are no mistakes.
Max Griswald- If it's a tourney he's in, watch out. Ingenious, always making up new strategies. Does whine a bit tho ;).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:58 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

How many nominations is everyone entitled to?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:44 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

My nominations are based on players I either 'fear' the most or I think are 'well rounded' and play a fair and awesome game even if they are not always in top rank.

Ak5intoe - a player that can smell your fear, sense virtual body heat, and when he is actually playing hard, is the scariest player I know. He is either my worst enemy or my dearest ally :biggrin:

Thunderball aka Tarnus - The Master (as he should be, since he is one of the creators). Even though he is always a target of most attackers, he can hide, outwit, and nail you even when you think you got him fooled :bowdown:

Spar7an - Young and brave and loyal team mate. A well-rounded player that can build, attack and go head-to-head with the best of them :lol:

A_Blitz - An awesome overall player. He is always thinking of the stradegy BEFORE it is needed and testing his theory :idea:

Big - Even in his retirement he is still a legend. The man that flies through the ranks at any given moment leaving the dead in his wake :banging:

Max Griswald - Fierce loyalty to his team. A deadly enemy. And sometimes I am unsure if I would fear his ship or his verbal wrath the most :soapbox:

Lucky Starr - He has my vote as the best probe-operator and intel-salesman I have ever met. And his stories and pics put a visual perspective to the game. (even though I don't picture myself as the EVIL queen that he sees LOL) :Phone:

Shesshomaru - A young attacker to contend with. His building skills have improved so greatly that if he continues to play he will be a no-brainer for always being in the top ranks :twisted:

Kilroy - Though him and I are usually on opposing sides, I think he is a well rounded and team oriented player. I know I sweat when his team smells my blood or finds my hidy-hole :scared:

Note:
Moonraker isn't included in list above because he is already in the Hall of Fame.

Kwae Zar - I would have included as a top builder choice but he seems to have left the game for some time now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:35 am 
Gamer
Gamer

PhirePhly wrote:
My nominations are based on players I either 'fear' the most or I think are 'well rounded' and play a fair and awesome game even if they are not always in top rank.

Ak5intoe - a player that can smell your fear, sense virtual body heat, and when he is actually playing hard, is the scariest player I know. He is either my worst enemy or my dearest ally :biggrin:

Thunderball aka Tarnus - The Master (as he should be, since he is one of the creators). Even though he is always a target of most attackers, he can hide, outwit, and nail you even when you think you got him fooled :bowdown:
A_Blitz - An awesome overall player. He is always thinking of the stradegy BEFORE it is needed and testing his theory :idea:
Kilroy - Though him and I are usually on opposing sides, I think he is a well rounded and team oriented player. I know I sweat when his team smells my blood or finds my hidy-hole :scared:

The above from PP I am all behind, but I think I have missed one in all the nomination....

Alf - Which is a very skilled player and got the right attitude towards this cool game even when other players or RL kicks him in the face.

Oops I forgot Phirephly: A highly skilled and very patience player. Should also have a place in the HOF.

Last edited by Big on Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- "To be no. 12345 is okay, but whining is Big" ;)

http://www.aatraders.com/index.php?player_id=71

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:56 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Keep the nominations coming. I like what I see so far. Remember we can only put active players in the list so if your on the list but not playing right now, you better join a game somewhere ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:01 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Actually I was going to mention Alf earlier before his name came up. Obviously its not all about the stats when deciding who is voted into other H.O.F s in the sports world. Great Coaches, leaders, players with alot of good consecutive finishes, etc.. The stats are obviously not easy to find although the stats from the last 2 main games and the tourney can be found.

Quote:
The above from PP I am all behind, but I think I have missed one in all the nomination....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:07 pm 
Trial
Trial

My choices on this first post of my posts...

Do I really need to explain these choices?

Thunderball..."Hells 'a Comin"
Alf...He's done so much for the game itself.
Phirephly
Shesshomaru
Oakman
Phaser
Big
Wild Angel

Mostly big scores, big players...big time.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:04 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

I read the first few posts but after that it got too tedious. Some nominations I'm repeating on purpose to state my support, others may be accidental, but I'm still basically just stating my support.

Shesshomaru - A great friend, great attacker, and he has to be a good builder to have gotten to number four in the ranks.

Phirephly - Consistently on the top of the game, and one of the great ATT personalities. Obviously, an awesome builder.

Spar7an - Probably the most moral of the players. His diplomacy actually resembles realistic and rational diplomacy, and he generally has good input and comments in whatever aspect of the game you care to mention, be it the shouts, the forums, or anything else. Finally, I must respect the fact that he writes in the AATrade story. Its always enjoying to read (and write, thus my frequent entries).

Lucky Starr - He's always there, and in my experience, he appears to be a thorn in everyone's side lol. Quite a scary "information" warrior, extremely effectively using spies and probes. One of the all time most innovative players, as far as I can tell.

Max Griswald - A good attacker and a classic personality, even if its more infamous than anything else. His personality clashes with pretty much everyone else's, but every good game needs its share of villains. If you're on his team or you've got an alliance with him, he does more than his fair share to keep you safe, even this in the end leads to even greater betrayal *cough cough*

Tarnus - Not a bad guy, a good player, one of the creators, blah blah blah. He also makes a good villain.

I'd say Moonraker definitely deserves to win, but since he already won its kind of stupid to try to re win a war.

Rampage (not sure if this is his profile name) - Obviously a great builder, but he really keeps to himself. He's not a charasmatic player. I mean, he's powerful, but what good is power if you don't use it? Not one of my stronger nominations, but a nomination none the less. Obviously at least a skilled builder. Perhaps his only reason for not getting into the wars and stuff is score, but Moonraker is currently in number one spot, and he still does some attacking thanks to his evil rating.

Oh, I forgot Oakman. Another great attacker. Certainly doesn't have a problem with keeping to himself, and actively communicates with in the shouts and all. He should start writing in the story though. That'd put him near the top of my list. Anyway, he gets a very certain and unhesitating nomination from me.

Geez... I would love to go through and just nominate all my friends, but I guess I can't do that. Oh, yeah, Patience! He's great. I forgot about him too. He's a good friend, a good guy, and a GREAT new player. He caught on quick and rose quickly in the rankings. The base of my Empire was donated, but he really built himself up, and until Oaky hit him, he was one of the most powerful players in the game. Now he's back in the top 15 and rising again. Ok, I guess that concludes my nominations.

Oh, and I probably would nominate Alf, but I haven't seem him too much in games. Thats not to say he isn't an awesome player, but if he is, I can't vouch for it. As far as I'm concerned, he'd get into the Hall of Fame on the same grounds as PJ.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:39 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Well, I actually disagree that Rampage is not charismatic. He is just quiet, and keeps to himself. He is a great guy if you get to talk with him, and an awesome player.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:00 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

Rampage IS a great player!! In one of my very first games I ever played, he was who taught me to 'look before I leap" *giggling* Dang him and his little mine pile anyways :P~~

He is new to Main server but not new to AATrader by any means. And to build and hold his own in .30 speaks for itself .

Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next