It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:22 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 3 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Main Game 0.31 Now Open
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:11 pm 
Developer
Developer

The Main Game is now open for new players.

I have also reset the Story and added the Prologue to get things started. :)

Post subject: Re: Main Game 0.31 Now Open
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:25 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Hehe, I'll have to go check out that sector you put in there. I'm having a problem though. The game isn't sending me the email to tell me my password. I used a hotmail email, but the alert thingy saying not to use hotmail is long gone, and I've used it successfully for a few other games. Should I not have, or is something else wrong? I see a bunch of other people have logged in...

Well I went ahead and made another character with a different email I forgot I had :P It works now. I guess it's just a problem with hotmail. Just out of curiosity, where can the old story be viewed?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:49 pm 
Developer
Developer

I will be placing a link for the old story later. You will be able to view it in forward order like a novel.

And there is still the problem with Hotmail. Then again, Hotmail is one of the worst email services around so no big loss to us. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:58 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Just cause its bad doesn't mean it should be tossed aside, if it's possible a warning on the signup page should be added maybe even a denial to complete signup if hotmail is in the email entry box. I've always hated hotmail; the new hotmail live version is terrible, but still it's probably the most used email client because of msn messenger and will continue to be because aim is worse and yahoo is msn now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:02 am 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

I've got a bit of a bug. I logged on just now and was ranked number four, which was a HUGE increase over what my previous score was. A few minutes later, I was back down 40k score without my net worth (as determined by the IGB) dropping 1M. And I don't understand that either because I traded in a pio I had worth about 50M...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thats been an issue for a while, we are not sure what causes it... in the beginning of the game its much more noticeable. Once scores get a bit higher you will hardly notice it.

PJ is aware of it, but we can't determine what the difference is as its the same code that calculates the rankings in both places.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:09 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

The game has a mind of it's own... it is speaking to us! It's saying... Val is superior to you all! Thus the increase in score. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:17 pm 
Developer
Developer

If you viewed the ranking before you logged in and after logging in you checked and it changed that is normal. The ranking page is only updated every 30 minutes, when someone does something to a players planet/ship or if you view ranking while logged in. So if you checked the ranking before logging in your ranking could be up to 30 minutes old. Then when you logged in and checked it updated the score with the current information erasing the up to 30 minute old score. An example would be if you lost planets due to independence it would not be reflected in your score until something else caused your score to update. Another example could be starving colonists, embezzled money, spies or digs doing bad things, ect. None of that will be reflected in your score unless someone does something to your planet/ship or the 30+ minute mass update happens.

There is nothing we can do about that. If the ranking for every player was constantly updated every 5 minutes that would be a nasty database hit when the game became large like the last one.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:32 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

I like my explaination better. It's not a problem though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

But val, I can't even find you on the first page :) So I guess your so good your invisible to everyone right? :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:07 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Yeah, PJ, it is not a thing dealing with a player logging in and doing things and his score changing. It is a thing with a player logging in, and his score jumping from say 40k to 70k and back every two minutes. It really should be expected though, as this has been going on at the begining of every round for a great many years.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:11 pm 
Developer
Developer

If it is doing it every 2 minutes then your score ACTUALLY IS CHANGING that often. Because the score calculation routine is exactly the same for everything except the mass score update that only happens every 30+ minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:52 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Yeah, I traded in a relatively nice pio, so that's probably it. So there Tarnus. I actually DID make top four. I just didn't keep it. I'm too nice to my fellow players... Hehe

Oh, and yes, I'm too awesome for the first page. :domotwak:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:15 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Hey, Last page can be alot of fun. Don't know if it will for Valience though :) . I don't think the Score fluctuation is that bad. I just mentioned it in a new blog... A topicless blog though because the site doesn't want to play nice when your editing them or something :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:32 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Well Simon Templars score was just cut in half (from like 122k to 65k) without losing any planets or having logged in within a couple hours. Teammate hasn't logged in either. Really doubt they are using dignitaries on a planet with alot of credits either.

Page 1 of 3 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next