It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Banned!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:45 pm 
Developer
Developer

Well as some of you know we were basically hacked on the Main game. I think I have everything restored. The bad part is the person did this just 30 minutes BEFORE the auto backup ran. So the auto backup saved out the screwed up data. :p

Part of the problem was my fault. I left a program on that game that I should have deleted but I didn't think anyone would be asshat enough to look for somthing like it and run it.

Tarnus said the person was using every hack in the world he could try to get in and screw things up.

The name he used in the games were WooolFRM and Mpc.

His IP address was 3e6b88e1.rev.stofanet.dk.

And the email address he used was mailto:wooolf@ofir.dk.

If you want to send him email or anything there is the information.

Low lifes like this really make me mad.

This also means that one feature is going to be added ASAP. This is a Banlist. It is a list of IP addresses, player names and email addresses that will be automatically banned when you run the create universe program. The admin can add as many as they want. So those players are automatically banned anytime a game is created. Plus the ability to add people who have not played on a game to your ban list from the admin portion. That way you can ALWAYS have certain people banned from your games.

And to make it even more unfair for the morons who try to ruin games we will make OUR ban list availible to anyone who wants to use it. If we ban players you KNOW you never want them on your games. This way people like this have a harder and harder time to find a game they can screw up.

Last edited by Panama Jack on Sun May 08, 2005 1:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:58 pm 
Developer
Developer

BTW, we TRIED to restore everything in the big game. Let us know if things are not right. Some things we may not be able to set right but the links and planets should all be back where they are supposed to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ChuckDeal wrote:
Panama Jack wrote:
BTW, we TRIED to restore everything in the big game. Let us know if things are not right. Some things we may not be able to set right but the links and planets should all be back where they are supposed to be.

Well, the sectors still appear to be shifted UP one sector. Can anyone else verify this?

Actually they are correct we start with 1 as sol instead of 0. This was due to a database issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:41 pm 
Developer
Developer

You think we are happy? :?

We had to delete all autotrades and all traderoutes. Sorry folks. You will have to make some new ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:26 pm 

How about a master ban repository? Someone like this may troll the other games..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:48 pm 
Developer
Developer

Already done. I just finished adding master ban lists for IP and Email accounts to the game. The lists can also be traded between servers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:53 am 
Trial
Trial

So annoying when people do that cause then I have to go and subscribe them to 120 of the most perverted mailing lists I've ever seen.
Ah well, that's what scripts are for I guess :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:03 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

yeah, I'm LordTonto on the main game, I had a planet with a buddy in a certain sector which i really shouldn't mention here for my own security reasons. it was in an upgrade port though, a very good spot. Now it is one space forward and another person is in the upgrade spot with 5 planets there (the max for the port should have been 2, it was a red star deal)

Anyway, I'm not saying i need it back since someone else has clearly claimed it to be there own by now... just letting you know it happened.

...you're welcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:45 pm 

Only 120, Phaser? You getting soft or something?

--- Jonner/ Flint/ His Shadow/ Winterwolf
(Main) (Tournament) (Mega.)

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]