It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Bounties
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:50 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

WeirDave wrote:
One of my players was attacked by another that was a few levels down from them. They took 3 planets out of 5 in the sector. After they did the original owner took them back and received a 36 trillion credit bounty. This seemed a little high what is the scale for bounties?

Well he shouldn't have taken them back. The bounty is based on the differeing rank between the two and how high the player was. The other thiing is he should have had a decent SD and the planet levels high enough. Its all part of being a larger player.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:14 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ExiT83 wrote:
and upon receiving a bounty, how fast dos the fed ship go after the player? (and how fast does it get the player?)
a guy attacked me several times and now has 2 fed bounty's of 98 billion, the player has 550K score
its been about 8 hours since he received the bounty and it looks like he is not going to pay it in the next couple of hours... Can i point and laugh at his coming destruction or will it take a few days be4 he gets arsed by the federation?

Well currently the fed is controlled by the admin, so unless you have an active admin that goes after the player that bounty may stick.

But since he has a fed bounty, he is now open game for any player to attack him. He can't upgrade his ship in fed space, he can't switch ships, he can't lose his ship by gettimg killed he has to pay it off.

This will change in the future where the Fed will have a small AI and go after players with bounties.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:35 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

No he cannot change ships period. If he does get himself killed he will be tooling around in a level 0 pioneer. Althought I think he can upgrade it at a kabal port.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

WeirDave wrote:
Tarnus wrote:
ExiT83 wrote:
and upon receiving a bounty, how fast dos the fed ship go after the player? (and how fast does it get the player?)
a guy attacked me several times and now has 2 fed bounty's of 98 billion, the player has 550K score
its been about 8 hours since he received the bounty and it looks like he is not going to pay it in the next couple of hours... Can i point and laugh at his coming destruction or will it take a few days be4 he gets arsed by the federation?

Well currently the fed is controlled by the admin, so unless you have an active admin that goes after the player that bounty may stick.

But since he has a fed bounty, he is now open game for any player to attack him. He can't upgrade his ship in fed space, he can't switch ships, he can't lose his ship by gettimg killed he has to pay it off.

This will change in the future where the Fed will have a small AI and go after players with bounties.

As an admin do I need to log in as the Fed and find that player and kill him or do I just log in as admin and do it?

WHat I usually do is give the guy a day or so. If he still hasn't paid it pull out that fed ship and take a planet or two of his. If he still doesn't pay the bounty shoot him. SOmetimes you have to make an example out of someone to get the attention of everyone in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:50 am 
Developer
Developer

WeirDave wrote:
Tarnus wrote:
ExiT83 wrote:

As an admin do I need to log in as the Fed and find that player and kill him or do I just log in as admin and do it?

Go into the player editor and kill the player. Don't destroy him if he has an escape pod. It will show up as the feds killing him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:51 am 
Developer
Developer

Tarnus wrote:
No he cannot change ships period. If he does get himself killed he will be tooling around in a level 0 pioneer. Althought I think he can upgrade it at a kabal port.

Yep but upgrading at a Kabal Port is 10 times higher in price than any other port.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:40 pm 
Developer
Developer

You can't edit player bounties.

What you probably set to 0 was the federation only countert so anyone in the game can collect the bounty on the player instead of just the feds.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]