It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:05 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Changing starting sector for New/Killed players
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:10 pm 

Hi

Is there a way and if so how, To Change the Starting sector for New/Killed players. IE - Instead of New/Killed Players starting out at Sector 1 (Sol) Id like for them to start at a different sector of my choosing. Thanks in advance for your feedback

LV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:11 pm 
Developer
Developer

No there isn't but we have thought about allowing players to select a home sector.

This is a sector where they have a based planet. They designate this as their home sector and they respawn in that sector if they are killed with an escape pod. If they don't have a home sector they spawn back in Sol sector.

We just haven't decided if we are going to do it yet. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:30 pm 

Well the ability for the admin to select a starting sector would be Nice. I'm getting ready to reset my server and this time I wanted Earth to be Attackable / Conqurerable with the Conquest of earth being the Ultimate Game Goal. I cant seem to set Earth to be Attackable Unless I change Ownership to the Idependent Player. Then it Becomes Attackable But Not When Under Federation Control.

This would be Fine But then I want to run Sector Defenses and NO Port Trading at Sol. Hence I would need to Direct new/killed players to a different sector with a space port in it.

I looked around at the database's with MysqlAdmin but didnt see anything. Inst there someplace in the databases I can go After their built and simply change it from 1 to say 2112.

Thanks...

LV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:33 pm 
Developer
Developer

Well, it's hard coded in the game that all planets ownerd by the federation can't be attacked. You would have to edit the planet attack programs to allow attacking federation planets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:47 pm 

Well I noticed in the Zones DB there is a Allow Planetattack switch but it still didnt seem to work. Thought that was it too.

The different starting sector is more important. how is this determind in the game. Theres No way to change that then?

LV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I wont say there is no way. just no way with changing config files. You can go in and hand code your won changes but ts about it.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]