It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:43 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 4 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well Lynne and company didnt seem to have problems taking big down in the beta, but thats due to the credit flow there. Everyone has an excel or 2 in the beta ;) You just have to really ramp your ship up to be able to deal with large SD and expect to spend some credits... but once the "SD planet levels" go into effect (THose tree levels will be the same cost or nearly the same as what it cost for the ships with the same levels) THis way there will be a little more balance to the SD. We may need to up the number of fighters a sector will hold once that is implemented. But it will fix the builders cheap protection. But at the same time give the builder a way to farm without losing crtedit production for those planets.

Man I wish reallife would quit workin me and pj to death, I wanna see .30 out ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:38 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

I Might be able to figure out some of those calculations... Just need a dozen accountants to help me out... Or Alf, Neongreen and 2 advanced math teachers. Easiest way would probably be for PJ. to make a little post about it when you guys get it to about the spot your aiming for. :lol: ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:43 pm 

I found something that really is really annoying at planets turning indy, I am trying to get "good" status so i can attack "evil" newbies w/o bounty , so whenever I become good after that planets turn indy, and when I finish with takeing indys back it kicks me back to "neutral"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:45 am 

360 planets and I am going for more :) I guess now I will lose 50 planets every turn but thats ok as long as they don't blow up them self after turning indy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Better you than me, I hat to chase that many ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:30 am 

they are all on lvl 230 now, I upgraded all DP higher and planets because I am prepareing my self to brake to top 3 ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:31 am 

Only 17 of mine turned indy, I expeced at least 25 but 17 is good too :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey that 5%, not too bad. Could have been MUCH worse ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:48 pm 
Developer
Developer

Well, what determines a planet going indy is based upon many factors along with a random check based upon the results of those factors.

So you may have a time when very few or no planets go indy and the next time a bunch go indy.

We have some ideas on how to completely revamp how planets go independent. We just haven't worked them out completely yet. The reasons for a planet going indy should be based upon your actions in the game.

One idea is when we finally have good AND evil planets if you are an evil based player then you have a hard time holding onto good planets. If you are a good player then you have a hard time holding onto evil planets. If you are a neutral player then holding onto good and evil planets is the same.

Then there are your actions in the game. If you are a good player and blow up good planets then your good planets start to think about going indy. Same for an evil player blowing up evil planets. A neutral player blowing up either type causes any of their planets to get thoughts of going indy.

And these thoughts of going indy are based upon each planets MORALE factor. The lower their moral the more they think about going indy. Everything you do in the game can affect all of your planets morale factors. Things you do on each planet also affect a planets morale factor. Not producing any fighters and torps for planet defense lowers morale because they don't feel safe. Making money raises morale but if you sacrifice defense for money then morale can suffer. If you don't visit often enough the morale goes down. If you don't give planets holidays from production morale suffers. The longer the holidays the more a planets morale goes up.

I mean there are all kinds of things we can do when it comes to planet morale. This would probably be better in the long run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:32 pm 

Well good luck with all that, I always try to keep all things simple, but more this game is complicated its tougher to win it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:53 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

SlayeR wrote:
Well good luck with all that, I always try to keep all things simple, but more this game is complicated its tougher to win it.

Winning, is defined by the goals of the individual. I have won every single AAT game that I have played. Too bad for the folks who thought winning was being Rank #1....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:15 am 

Ok lucky, u always was "SPECIAL"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:14 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's all about the fun your having ;) I actually prefer to be down lower than number one position. More targets to shoot at ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:43 pm 

Well I am haveing fun takeing planets, but u are makeing it harder for me to keep them, so I really see nothing fun at haveing 5 plnaets and upgradeing them every day, that is not even close to game called AAT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

SlayeR wrote:
Well I am haveing fun takeing planets, but u are makeing it harder for me to keep them, so I really see nothing fun at haveing 5 plnaets and upgradeing them every day, that is not even close to game called AAT.

Heh not yet we haven't ... If I have my way you'll have na easier time attacking :) Now realize you don''t have to keep all the planets you take ;)

Page 4 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next