It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:43 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 13 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Newbies!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

OK, I know there are a few of you out there who haven't played before. If you have a question don't be afraid to ask. Everyone here is very friendly and willing to help teach you some of how to play the game. I don't think they will tell you all thier tricks, but most are more than happy to answer.

Have fun and don't forget to ask questions! Will make your game more enjoyable if you know whats going on.

Post subject: Re: Hi, my name is Dave, and I'm a newbie
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

DagobahDave wrote:
I've noticed there are certain unclaimed planets that will not allow themselves to be captured. The result is a "Command not available" message or something like that. Can anyone explain why this might be?

Can you provate message me an example? One bug I have discovered is if your teammate dies, your team cannot claim the planets. Only way to claim them is for you to quit the team claim them, then you can rejoin your team.

Last edited by Tarnus on Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Hi, my name is Dave, and I'm a newbie
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 2:04 pm 
admin wrote:
DagobahDave wrote:
I've noticed there are certain unclaimed planets that will not allow themselves to be captured. The result is a "Command not available" message or something like that. Can anyone explain why this might be?

Can you provate message me an example? One bug I have discovered is if your teammate dies, your team cannot claim the planets. Only way to claim them is for you to quit the team claim them, then you can rejoin your team.

This was fixed in CVS last night. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

blakldragonz wrote:
how do you get cargo holds?

Upgrade your hull from a upgrade port. Please read the tutorial and FAQ they will both help you with the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

blakldragonz wrote:
HOW DO people make so much money? trading, and harvesting on planets, of course, but so much!! also, how do you trade "Kiwi Points" mentioned in teh tutorial?1?!?

Ignore KIWI Points. That tutorial came from the original BNT and we just use it as guidlines here.

Don't expect to be rich over night. Its going to take a bit of work to get there. The guys on top had to do the exact same thing you do. However, an aggressive player that knows the game well, can start from scratch and move up pretty quick by taking another players undefended planets and basically pillaging them.

But to start build your hull and engines up as quick as you can. Then start building planets and moving colonists on the planet so it can start building you resources. The more colonists, the more money you can make. And after you have based the planet you start earning interest on that money.

Once you base the planet, defend it...that means load it up with fighters and torps and bump the planet defence levels. The higher the levels the safer your planet is from conquest, but be sure you have enough fighter and torps to ward off any attack by others.

Once based and defended you can add dignitaries to help your interest grow even more.

This is it kind of in a nutshell, the more planets you have that are based, the more cash you can generate. You'll get to the point that you will hardly run traderoutes other tahn building up more planets.

There is always conquest too.... once a day there is a chance that planets might go independant, and if a little guy keeps thier eyes on some of the big guys planets, you might just get lucky and a big one will go independant leaving you a free jackpot of cash. And that would be a great start for a new guy :)

Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

blakldragonz wrote:
how do you take control of a zone???

Own all the based planets in a sector. Then you can control what happens in a zone. But if someone takes a planet or 2 they can throw the sector into a warzone, where no rules apply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

blakldragonz wrote:
and how do you make ur planets look differnet? i hav a base...

As you upgrade the defence levels on your planet it will change based on its technology level. The higher the levels the more the planet will change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

blakldragonz wrote:
how do you support your troops with sufficient energy? i put lots of energy in my sector but its still not enuf!

Get alot of colonists and let them generate the energy. Allocate and fill the planet with energy... have it set to 100% for a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 8:05 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

blakldragonz wrote:
why does my score keep going down when i upgrade my base and upgrade my self?

As the scores get larget this will be less noticable. But in the early stages it will look like you are seasawing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 11:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

blakldragonz wrote:
are nova bombs one use only or multiple use?

One use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:39 am 

When deploying fighters, i have two options:
toll
attack

What's the difference?

Will fighters defend the planets this way or do i put the fighters on the planet itself?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

VKen wrote:
When deploying fighters, i have two options:
toll
attack

What's the difference?

Will fighters defend the planets this way or do i put the fighters on the planet itself?

When a player enters a sector with sector D and they are set to toll, it will say if they would like to enter the sector they cn pay the toll, so then they will not have to fight . If toll is not set and they try entering the sector and thier cloak fails all the fighters will attack that player.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

cow wrote:
Hi I'm New, This game is brill.

Whats a bounty and how do you get rid of them? I'm confused :?

You get a bounty either by another player or by the federation.

If a player puts a bounty on you the only way to get rid of it is for your ship to be destoyed or you talk the person into taking it off of you.

If you get a Federation Bounty beware. A federation bounty is gotten when you attack a smaller players ship or planets. You can get rid of it by paying it off at an upgrade port or devices planet or by being killed. Note: If you have a federation bounty all your planets can be taken from you by anyone, bounty free. You can also be shot by anyone bounty free. Also if you have a Fed bounty for too long the Fed will come hunting you and may start taking your planets to help pay for the bounty. So you need to pay off that bounty as fast as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sir Anomen wrote:
Hello therefore I believe that I am new in this, :P although I carry 3 times the ones that harms the game and the 3 times my colonists decided to destroy the 100% of my credits :evil: leaving me without nothing, is supposed that if you leave the credits in the planet already risk you to that another player remove them you and if those planetary disasters occur it do not I see very just. :?:
:arrow:
more, as I can do to put an avatar?? :?:
thanks and I feel not to speak english
saludos

OK I will try to explain as best as I can. Once a planet reaches its maximum of colonists you risk planetary disasters. So as long as you keep your colonists below 45 mill you are safe from planetary disasters. If you don't feel safe leaving credits on the planet, put them in the bank. However your interest rate is extremely low and you will not gain much.

Which game is this? Avatars are only available in the Beta game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:50 pm 

How can you get dignitaries to do things?

And How do you give cargo ships for your planets things to trade?

peace,
CR

Page 1 of 13 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next