It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:43 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 3 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: .30 Hall of Fame
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:27 am 
Gamer
Gamer

Perhaps I am missing something very important here, but as I recall, the only one time I ever went against Ash, he was podded twice. Everyone ranks him as a great attacker and says tons of awesome things about him, but I've never seen it.

As far as "Most Likely to Pod You:" Its odd seeing my name in there without Tarnus or Big.

You also missed an important category: Greatest Starters!

Obviously Big and I should be on that list :D Very few people can match our startup speeds, although, I was blown away at how fast Big did his startup a few rounds ago. Lightning fast...

The other category is Team Players. People who are willing to do anything at all for their team. SapphireDragon would be my nomination for that spot, along with DarkSoul.

Then ofcourse there is the, Hope No Bugs (Cause they will find it) Category. This category is people who will find every loophole, bug, glitch etc. Mostly you'd hope they turn it in, sometimes you see they don't (*ahemak5ahem*)

DarkSoul (A Terror when it comes to making a game, he doesn't miss anything.)
Ak5intoe (Yes, very odd how fast he can find your new holes, until the list is removed, heh)
Max Griswald (What can I say, I push the boundaries. I've been known to sit safe in my SG and fire Nova Bombs all over the galaxy :D)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:30 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

lol, you nominate yourself awfuly frequently. I guess the more categories your in the better chances of making the hall of fame :P I'm anxious to see the voting start, but it would be bad if we overlooked some of the important players and categories. I'd just like to know for sure which to expect: a bit of a wait for everyone to ensure that all who need to be nominated have been, for people to make up their minds, and so on, or if we're going to go through with it soon.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:50 pm 

Oakman for president of the Universe :P

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:29 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

LOL@Oakman

And since I am still unclear about whether .30 nominations are open to ALL players including those already in the HoF, I am going to mention once more the man I have referred to in many many ways such as:

The wizard pulling the levers behind the curtain

The Immortal

The Man that IS the game...............PJ!

If nothing else he needs to be listed just for putting up with all our whining as we discovered some of the new changes we didn't like or couldn't get used to yet; the patience while he tried to decipher what the heck we were talking about as we posted bugs found in the .30 code; and all the hard work that he donated to the love of the game and for the enjoyment of many.

Thanks PJ :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:12 am 
Gamer
Gamer

Max Griswald wrote:
As far as "Most Likely to Pod You:" Its odd seeing my name in there without Tarnus or Big.

You also missed an important category: Greatest Starters!

Obviously Big and I should be on that list :D Very few people can match our startup speeds, although, I was blown away at how fast Big did his startup a few rounds ago. Lightning fast...

The other category is Team Players. People who are willing to do anything at all for their team. SapphireDragon would be my nomination for that spot, along with DarkSoul.

Yeah I agree, there are some categories missing, the categories shold mirror the phases in the game beside the overall categories.

I guess why I am not listed is that I have been out of sight for a long time... and as they say "Out of sight, out of mind". Damn That could be a title for a book written by TH about playing-strategy ;) :P

Starting can be very important, especially nursing/controlling your digs. I might be a master of that but in the long run I lack patience to keep it going for a longer period that a month.
There are many greater starters. One beside the above who comes to my mind is Alf. In one game he had such a speed that I felt like I was limping beside of that. But lucky I found him before he "ran away".

- "To be no. 12345 is okay, but whining is Big" ;)

http://www.aatraders.com/index.php?player_id=71

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:20 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

[quote="Tarnus

Most Likely to Pod You:
AK5intoe -check
Ash -*Cough*No lol *cough*
Kyuubi - check
Max Griswald- Not ... me. :p

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:09 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Well since the voting is still delayed I'll asume that its becuase your waiting for more nominations. I'll nominate Trinity9 for team players.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:09 am 
Gamer
Gamer

I have now had some second thoughts about this Hall of fame nomination and I have come to that conclusion that we only should select players which have made a extremely good appearance in the AAT-universe over a longer period of time. That could be a top result in the main game if the game last longer than a year. Or that could a player who has contributed to the AAT-universe over a simular long period, contributed with excellent play or attitude.

Looking at these criteria will only nominate the following persons:

PhirePhly: Always doing great in all the games she plays and has this entertaining attitude which brings a smile on our faces.
Alf: Usually doing good, when he has the times to play, and has this cool, calm and pro-AAT attitude.
Thunderball: My AAT-menthor, one of the few peeps who can get me into a game even that I had decided not to play that game.

3 times Respect from me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:00 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

What's the point of that? You're basically just taking out all the lesser categories.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:32 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Valience wrote:
What's the point of that? You're basically just taking out all the lesser categories.

I thinK there is a difference between a Hall of Fame and a players award/rankinglist in the different category of the AAT-game

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:50 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

I'll agree with Big on this one, although, I think that Big himself should be listed in those nominations.

I'll refrain from nominating myself, as I have never finished #1 in an official server, even though I did have a great run on Kitty Matrix, with great teammates, and I also do very well whenever I am playing, sitting at #1 on the server atleast once, if I start from the beginning (But, lets stop chatting about my great exploits ;)

Others that are absent from my nominations are actually Oakman, and AB, even though they are some of the greatest guys I've seen. They still don't meet the same level of mystique that Big does. He is able to be #1 in every game he tries. Truly amazing.

However...

Two other players do need to be added to nominations, in addition to Big.

DarkSoul - Honestly, he has done more for the game than most people realize. He is also the very best scout in the game.
Lucky Starr - I'm not a huge personal fan, but he has proven to be a great player, and shown that you can still succeed without playing 24/7. He is also very much willing to help new players, and shares his strategies freely. A master of probes, and the godfather of Fed Space trading.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:39 am 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

That's not a bad idea actually, leaving Hall of Fame to the best, but as long as we set up a seperate area for awarding players who have accomplished a lot in their particular game play style (podding, attacking, spying, ect.)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:24 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Well this obviously sounds like a pre 0.30 era h.o.f, so I won't have anything to do with that. but one thing I do want to mention is that whatever the problem with the statistics being sent to profiles is should be addressed in the future by everyone running a server.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:58 am 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

When will the voting begin? The nominations have pretty much stopped.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:26 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

Hello all Phire brought this subject to my attention so thought I would pop in check out what all the buzz is about since i havent been around in awhile. I really appreciate the nominations for all around player. I would like to add my vote. Best starter ofcourse Big mostly likely to pod you Ak5intoe Space Jestor PhirePhly builder would be WildAngel.

Page 3 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next