It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:11 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Main Game Now Open for Business
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:29 pm 
Developer
Developer

The Main Game is now open again for sign-ups.

This is running the latest base code and there WILL be problems. I can guarantee it.

We have disabled the probes in the game. They will stay disabled until I can get them functioning properly but most of the other things in the game should work. If they don't let us know.

Everyone have fun. :rofl:

Post subject: Re: Main Game Now Open for Business
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:25 pm 
Trial
Trial

Thanks PJ. Boy, this round sure went fast. Happy hunting everyone 8)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:59 am 
Trial
Trial

I had some general questions, mainly I noticed that the IGB still does not gain interest, is this a planed fix in the future or did I not leave the funds in there long enough lol? I was also wondering what our new max turns is since I noticed that we did not start out with 8,000 is 8,000 still the max we can have or only 6,060?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

darkon1365 wrote:
I had some general questions, mainly I noticed that the IGB still does not gain interest, is this a planed fix in the future or did I not leave the funds in there long enough lol? I was also wondering what our new max turns is since I noticed that we did not start out with 8,000 is 8,000 still the max we can have or only 6,060?

You only get interest once a day, and then its really a pittance. 8000 is the max turns, but the start turns I think are 5000, can't remember for sure, but players that don't start at the reset get the benefit of what runs generate over time so if you came late you may very well get 8000 turns.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:00 am 
Trial
Trial

I was wondering one very big question, which I keep getting conflicting stories on. When you do a consolidation via the IGB, that is the one that puts it all on your ship, not a planet to planet one, do you pick up any spies from your planets if enemies have spies on them waiting for your ship to come by? Mainly I ask this as it is so much safer to do a consolidate to your ship option when sitting some place safer then trying to go to each and ever planet to first scan it several times and then transfer off the credits, much faster also. I know the webmaster already said you don't get spies off of planets if you do the planet to planet consolidation, but being as tired as I was when I asked I forgot to ask about consolidating all credits to your ship option in the IGB. Thanks PJ/Tarnus for the answer to this big question.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

No, it hardly makes sense that a spy could get on your ship via electronic funds transfer. Now a virus or a trojan might be interesting ;)

The answer is no though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:40 pm 
Trial
Trial

Oh boy, ya now just opened a entire new concept to the game development idea, computer attacks/hacking attacks, hmmm.......

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:15 pm 
Trial
Trial

I know that this may sound like I am doubting you and trust me Tarnus I generally take everything you say to heart but last round it seemed that yes, you did actually pick up spies in the process of doing mass planet consolidation, not planet to planet but the all planets to your ship one through the IGB. I only say this as when I had done that last round immediately after doing so I had a persons spy on my ship and they new where I was, where all of my planets where in line after the one that I supposedly picked up the spy from. The only thing that made me think this is that no one knew the location of my home sector but as soon as I did that mass credit collection the only guy that had spies on my planets knew where all of my planets where in line down from the a certain point on my list and knew where I was resting at, when prior to that he did not. I was wondering if you can get both you and PJ to agree that doing a planet to ship consolidation does not pick up spies some how and suddenly let that player that the spy came from know where everything is in line down from that initial planet that it got picked up on the better I would feel. I hate to ask that both of you actually agree on this but I know how multi-person development can go and some times one developer does not know about another small section of the code that he did not personally work on or assist with. More so or less this is just me being extra careful this round after the major killing that happened to me last round from what appeared to be a spy getting on my ship doing a mass planet consolidation.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would say that was just a coincidence. First off are you 100% sure you didn't have a spy on your ship? You can get spies by picking up debris and direct transfer to and from a planet. I'd like any interaction with a planet to have a chance to drop a spy on you, but as of yet they do not work that way.

Also whats the chance you left a train and the player had 300 + sensors and just tract you from place to place.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:40 pm 
Trial
Trial

For the train comment, unfortunately I had not left my sector which they did not know of but as soon as I did the mass consolidation about 30 seconds after that I was podded and then I just watch as almost all of my close to 50 planets got taken pretty quickly. For the spy prior, well I did not think I had one on as I had not had any planet interaction but I guess that is possible, still with how quickly it happened right after the consolidation while it had not happened up to that point even though they guy was online for quite a while makes me wonder there. Also several player had also agreed (like LordTonto, not saying he knows all but seems to know some) that doing the mass consolidation would cause you to potentially pick up any spies. It was like using your ship to go to each planet to collect the credits and then back to where you were, even though it only took one turn. I never quite understood, but then when the attack came almost instantly after the mass consolidation I had to put a little more faith in what I was hearing as potentially true. I honestly don't know though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:41 pm 
Trial
Trial

I will try a mass consolidation again this round, but I know there are sectors that no one knows of so if they suddenly find all of them there most be something that is crossing over some place or designed that way on purpose to pose spies on ships from mass consolidation via the IGB, though as you stated earlier this does not make sense.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:29 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Well you can never be sure of whether or not a person knows where your planets are. It's really impossible to tell.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:00 pm 
Trial
Trial

Ok, well I am going to go with it. It all makes sense, just after last round was really worried about it, the timing was horribly too close. How does spies from debris work anyways, just gives ya a random players spy or ....?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:25 pm 
Developer
Developer

If you perform a consolodation through the IGB you will not get a spy on your ship becuse it is all via electronic transfer. Now if you do a consolodation from the Planet Report screen, I thought that was removed have to check, then your ship travels from planet to planet and you can get one that way. But I think removed that ability becuse it was so database intensive and it was redundant since you could use the IGB instead.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:56 am 
Trial
Trial

I really appreciate everyone getting back to me so quickly on this one. Thanks all, PJ and Tarnus especially. Hey, I know this is like beating a dead horse, but does the federation place a bounty on you now for firing at them or attack you if you do fire at them? I had a chance to fire repeatedly today at a Federation Battle Cruiser but decided against it as it could easily kill the planets that I sleep on if it decided to for some reason. So I wanted to check because next time I want to fire if it is not a bad thing just because I would love to go down in history as taking out a Federation Battle Cruiser! lol

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next