It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:01 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: .21 Game
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:03 pm 
Trial
Trial

Ok I had a question I recently decided to set up a .21 game and while I was working on it I have gotten some errors and was wondering if someone can help. My first error is when creating the universe
Quote:
Dropping planets - warning - no table present.
Dropping players - warning - no table present. Dropping scheduler - warning - no table present. Dropping shoutbox - warning - no table present.
Now I thought maybe that was just how it was supposed to be so I move on
Warning: include(templates//skin_config.inc) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/duffyboi/public_html/create_universe.php on line 356

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'templates//skin_config.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/x10hosting/php2/pear/PEAR') in /home/duffyboi/public_html/create_universe.php on line 356

Warning: file(templates/base_template_list.inc) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/duffyboi/public_html/header.php on line 47

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "header.tpl" in /home/duffyboi/public_html/backends/smarty2/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1042
is the error I get next and this is where it all stops working any ideas?

Post subject: Re: .21 Game
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well we have dropped all support of .21. The biggest reason being most servers are upgrading to php5 and mysql 5. Older versions of aat will not run on newer versions of php or mysql. You are more than welcome to try however you wont have great luck. Now if your host is running an older version of php and mysql you might have some luck.

This is one of the biggest reasons we switched to .3x

Now that is out of the way, it looks like you have some path issues. Recheck your config files your path is wrong and smarty cannot find the templates.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:55 pm 
Trial
Trial

Ah well I am running PHP5 and such but it doesnt seem to be causing problems except for those errors. Is a .3x game able to be made more like a .21 game? Me and some people prefer the .21 version because of the ships having to be hidden at planets thing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:46 pm 
Developer
Developer

The major problems are not from PHP5 but Mysql 5 and some later versions of Mysql 4. There were some reserved words used as field names and this causes the queries to fail.

And the only thing you can make like 0.21 in a 0.30 game are the levels. There is an an old setup file you can select when creating the game. The only difference are the levels are 0-54 instead of 0-600.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:19 pm 
Trial
Trial

Ok I got the .3x game set up all is fine the turns update and the population grows but the productions of planets do now it just sits there? Also is there a help guide to this version?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

DuffyBoi wrote:
Ah well I am running PHP5 and such but it doesnt seem to be causing problems except for those errors. Is a .3x game able to be made more like a .21 game? Me and some people prefer the .21 version because of the ships having to be hidden at planets thing.

Just makes the game more fun. Makes you have to think on your feet and know that you are always at risk. .3x is prob the most balanced game there is. You guys need to play it a bit. .21 was way too easy to bust SD and you could hide all your value in stored ships and never have to worry about losing it. Way too easy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:03 pm 
Trial
Trial

We are but im having problems A I dont know how to run hardly nething in this version all trade routes seem to either cost me or break even planets dont produce anything theres some kind of time remaining thing on the left side and there is no help file or instructions

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:45 pm 
Developer
Developer

I bet you didn't download and install the two patches for the game.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:48 pm 
Trial
Trial

I downloaded the v.3x from the downloads section I didnt know there was seperate patches. Also is there an instruction manual? And how do I turn off the you have this much remaining time thing?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:34 pm 
Developer
Developer

There is a Patches link on the main web site right below the downloads link.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:40 am 
Trial
Trial

Ok I got it all fixed thanks for the help and I dont know if this is where I post it but how do I get my server added to the server list its duffytraders.x10hosting.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

DuffyBoi wrote:
Ok I got it all fixed thanks for the help and I dont know if this is where I post it but how do I get my server added to the server list its duffytraders.x10hosting.com

As long as you have it set as a public server, and your cron is running it will automatically show up in the list.

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]